Would you go? (2 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why should that matter If they want to go?
I hate the Villa but would have took him if he had asked.

He was forced to be a City fan by me shame he won't go any more hasn't been to one match in the last 2 seasons.:(

Used to take 4 off them to every game now none of them are interested.

Sorry have to answer this one,no you wouldn't cos I'd have slapped the both of you

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Or there are just lots of city fans who are men so when their missus is pregnant it is pretty much a given the kid will be a city fan... Apart from that bloke who is now a leicester fan to spite sisu, and because they went into the PL.

I think you'll find theres more Man u Liverpool etc or Ledjia Warsaw to be honest:facepalm:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The Ricoh has never ever been our home, just been tenants.

To you,but then again you were very happy at Sixfields and would have been content to stay there. To most of fans the Ricoh was home but then again you would be very happy if the ground was in Nuneaton and if it is you'll have the same number as went to Sixfields. You would love that wouldn't you?

CJ_covblaze

One inch over the border and it's an big fat no from me. It's no different to the FA knocking down Wembley and building it in Gretna Green.

Vedere

My not going wouldn't have anything to do with a few km here or there, more to.Do with the ownership, board and management. It's that I don't agree with.

Nick

Administrator
Fuck it might go myself always wanted to be a bandwagoner.

I have been offered a ticket but up to now have refused, be nice to see the Ricoh full and I enjoy a good game of Rugby.

Will have to see how I feel in the morning.:whistle:
Stick to night fishing instead ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd probably go to begin with, wouldn't be the same though and not sure how long I would last.

To all those who say definitely no, what action do you propose the club take? Try and build in Coventry? If they try and it can't be done, then what? Sign up to a long term rent deal which condemns us to being a L1 club with maybe the odd season in the championship?

Nick

Administrator
I'd probably go to begin with, wouldn't be the same though and not sure how long I would last.

To all those who say definitely no, what action do you propose the club take? Try and build in Coventry? If they try and it can't be done, then what? Sign up to a long term rent deal which condemns us to being a L1 club with maybe the odd season in the championship?
Move us 75 miles I guess.

ccfctommy

The council may not grant us planning permission in Coventry.

If the ground is easy to get to and is near enough ill go. Boundaries are just lines on a map.

Boundaries change. If the boundary changed so that the ricoh was part of Nuneaton council would you stop going? Would you fuck.

Nick

Administrator
The council may not grant us planning permission in Coventry.

If the ground is easy to get to and is near enough ill go. Boundaries are just lines on a map.

Boundaries change. If the boundary changed so that the ricoh was part of Nuneaton council would you stop going? Would you fuck.
Exactly, it is down to common sense surely when it comes to location. Boundaries can move, so the one inch here or there thing surely doesn't mean that much?

CJ_covblaze

Common sense says it is a lot different though doesn't it?

How? One isn't in England and one isn't in Coventry. Both are an inch the wrong side of their respected borders.

dongonzalos

I think it is purely a negotiating threat.
However if true it must be the only way SISU must believe they can exit with the least damage.
For the next person to purchase from SISU it will be about land and CCFC will be gone IMO.
The only option or the 'best' thing for CCFC would be to negotiate a long term rental deal with wasps. Yet those who say they are only interested in what's best for CCFC are not pushing for this?

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

SISU sell it to someone that Coventry CC would be willing to deal with?

Nick

Administrator
How? One isn't in England and one isn't in Coventry. Both are an inch the wrong side of their respected borders.
So by using common sense you can see bermuda is about three miles from the ricoh, whereas gretna is how far from wembley?

CJ_covblaze

Deal with on what? Surely its wasps now?

What, that own CCFC? I meant SISU sell CCFC to someone that CCC will deal with.

dongonzalos

If SISU move us the land will be developed for retail. The Lego stadium will disappear with the club on the next sale IMO.
However I still think the stadium talk is pure negotiation.

CJ_covblaze

So by using common sense you can see bermuda is about three miles from the ricoh, whereas gretna is how far from wembley?

So according to your logic I watch Wembley FC and not England?

I want us to stay at the Ricoh but quite frankly I wouldn't care where the new ground was if we had to move as long as it was in Coventry. Same as England. In fact the quicker we get out of Wembley the better imo.

England play home games in England, Coventry play home games in Coventry.

SkyBlue_Bear83

SISU sell it to someone that Coventry CC would be willing to deal with?

I meant what could the club do.

Ok that is a possibility, either selling to a new owner who can build within Coventry or selling to Wasps owners an becoming joint partners, it's a better option than building outside city or signing up to a long term rent. How can we achieve that? SISU are seemingly happy to sit back and lose money whilst going ahead with whatever scheme they have in mind.

Nick

Administrator

Ok that is a possibility, either selling to a new owner who can build within Coventry or selling to Wasps owners an becoming joint partners, it's a better option than building outside city or signing up to a long term rent. How can we achieve that? SISU are seemingly happy to sit back and lose money whilst going ahead with whatever scheme they have in mind.
Surely the council can't stop a stadium being built just because it is sisu can they??

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it is purely a negotiating threat.
However if true it must be the only way SISU must believe they can exit with the least damage.
For the next person to purchase from SISU it will be about land and CCFC will be gone IMO.
The only option or the 'best' thing for CCFC would be to negotiate a long term rental deal with wasps. Yet those who say they are only interested in what's best for CCFC are not pushing for this?
Why is a long term rental deal with Wasps our best option?

Nick

Administrator
He means sell to owners who CCC would work with in regards to a new stadium within the city.
Surely they can't refuse a new stadium just because it is sisu though can they? Surely if people think that then it's all the more reason to support a ground slightly outside?

CJ_covblaze

Take your point but if you remove the legal action out of the equation, how much are they actually losing? £2.25m (Wilson) + £300k (Juke) + retail (haha), ST, MD tickets, corporate and sponsorship = ????

I bet it's not far off the outgoings this season. If it's break even why sell it?

The Reverend Skyblue

Not stupid, FACT.

You own your own home, if you don't rent it!

Not worth wasting any more words.

You really are fucking stupid, who the fuck will own our new stadium if it's built ever built, guess who , yes at last it will be Sisu.

my god you really are as thick as shit, and our debt will be well over 100 million by then.
What a great future you complete idiot

SkyBlue_Bear83

Surely they can't refuse a new stadium just because it is sisu though can they? Surely if people think that then it's all the more reason to support a ground slightly outside?
Well I doubt they can say that, but they would be putting up every obstacle and using all the power they are allowed to ensure it doesn't happen. I remember last time it was brought up someone mentioned that if the club really wanted to build in Coventry they wouldn't be able to stop it and it would go to a public enquiry.

Users who are viewing this thread