Would you support a move to not renew season tickets next year (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

I would have to be convinced it would achieve something.
But maybe it'll come down to a case of desperate times calling for desperate measures, we can't go on as we are.

The thing is, and I'm no expert on Cardiff so you might correct me on this, but didn't Tan want to try and build the club, in which case a boycott would be very damaging.

SISU don't give a fuck about building the club, if income drops, they'll just cut the budget, and keep cutting and keep cutting until they eventually win one of their legal actions and walk away or liquidate the club and walk away.

No! you're not an expert on Cardiff.. And Yes! I am going to correct you on this. Tan was(In the beginning) going to try and build the Club, but he(Not unlike SISU) pissed too many people off. The Colour change to Red from Blue, and rebranding to a Dragon Logo from their "Bluebird" was the final straw.

Read this. It's all about Fan Pressure, and take note of the attendance for their 3rd round FA Cup match.

But he has now announced on the club’s Twitter site that they will return to playing in their traditional blue home kit from this Saturday, when they welcome Fulham.

In two further tweets, the club said: "He (Tan) has also confirmed the #CardiffCity crest will be redesigned, featuring a #Bluebird as a primary focus.

"The crest will proudly reflect #CardiffCity history and tradition along with elements reflecting (Tan's) culture and beliefs."

Tan had called a meeting between Cardiff officials and supporters on Thursday night to discuss the rebranding issue.

Tan's move came on the back of a record low Cardiff City Stadium crowd of just over 4,000 for the FA Cup third-round tie with Colchester, planned anti-red protests and the threat of thousands of season tickets not being renewed.

There was unanimous support at the meeting for the club to abandon red and revert to their traditional blue colours with the bluebird crest replacing the dragon as Cardiff's primary emblem.

Cardiff manager Russell Slade, speaking before the change had been confirmed, described it as a "giant step" which will allow them to sustain future success.

"People were able to say what they thought and they said it an eloquent and intelligent way," said Slade, who attended Thursday's meeting.

"It was received very well from everyone at the football club and I thought it was a giant step.

"If ever that was a big step that was it and it would be nice if we were in blue on Saturday. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a new platform and put the bricks in place to rebuild and start again."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/cardi...ressure-fans-150109131694#THV20VSXvvrQIuqK.99

PS. Cardiff pretty much have capacity or near as damn it, gates for every home game.

Last edited:

clint van damme

No! you're not an expert on Cardiff.. And Yes! I am going to correct you on this. Tan was(In the beginning) going to try and build the Club, but he(Not unlike SISU) pissed too many people off. The Colour change to Red from Blue, and rebranding to a Dragon Logo from their "Bluebird" was the final straw.

Read this. It's all about Fan Pressure, and take note of the attendance for their 3rd round FA Cup match.

But he has now announced on the club’s Twitter site that they will return to playing in their traditional blue home kit from this Saturday, when they welcome Fulham.

In two further tweets, the club said: "He (Tan) has also confirmed the #CardiffCity crest will be redesigned, featuring a #Bluebird as a primary focus.

"The crest will proudly reflect #CardiffCity history and tradition along with elements reflecting (Tan's) culture and beliefs."

Tan had called a meeting between Cardiff officials and supporters on Thursday night to discuss the rebranding issue.

Tan's move came on the back of a record low Cardiff City Stadium crowd of just over 4,000 for the FA Cup third-round tie with Colchester, planned anti-red protests and the threat of thousands of season tickets not being renewed.

There was unanimous support at the meeting for the club to abandon red and revert to their traditional blue colours with the bluebird crest replacing the dragon as Cardiff's primary emblem.

Cardiff manager Russell Slade, speaking before the change had been confirmed, described it as a "giant step" which will allow them to sustain future success.

"People were able to say what they thought and they said it an eloquent and intelligent way," said Slade, who attended Thursday's meeting.

"It was received very well from everyone at the football club and I thought it was a giant step.

"If ever that was a big step that was it and it would be nice if we were in blue on Saturday. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a new platform and put the bricks in place to rebuild and start again."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/cardi...ressure-fans-150109131694#THV20VSXvvrQIuqK.99

PS. Cardiff pretty much have capacity or near as damn it, gates for every home game.

You've actually proved my point rather than disprove it. Cardiff have (or had, I don't know if he's still there), an owner who wants to build the club, who need people coming through the gate.

I honestly don't think SISU give a fuck, if someone could prove different, and prove that not buying my season ticket would make them reassess the way they run the club, I'd seriously consider it but I honestly don't think they'd bat an eyelid.

Sky Blue Kid

You've actually proved my point rather than disprove it. Cardiff have (or had, I don't know if he's still there), an owner who wants to build the club, who need people coming through the gate.

I honestly don't think SISU give a fuck, if someone could prove different, and prove that not buying my season ticket would make them reassess the way they run the club, I'd seriously consider it but I honestly don't think they'd bat an eyelid.

SISU batted a massive eyelid when going to Northampton. TF... move and they will follow. How wrong was he? He even did a "Grenduffy" "Good days 7k gates.. Bad days 3k gates. He never got anywhere near 3k the whole season.. I can still see the cocky bast**ds face now. good enough I say!

peeler

Oddly enough I was walking around Cardiff town centre the day they changed back to blue, I heard a terrific roar when they scored and the ground isn't exactly in the town centre.

Wheelfass

I would have to be convinced it would achieve something.
But maybe it'll come down to a case of desperate times calling for desperate measures, we can't go on as we are.
You're right on both counts Clint.
Of course we don't known that not purchasing a ST would make any difference at all because it's never happened before. However, we do know that the meagre attendances for the games we played at Northampton had an effect because SISU brought us back to the Ricoh having underestimated the expected Sixfields gates by thousands. And we can all surely see that if the situation continues as it is now - the way that it has been heading for many years - there may not even be a club to support before much more time has passed.
The club is already damaged and is just about keeping its head up above the water. I really don't know if the fans refusing to buy ST's will have any effect on Sisu's plans but we as fans need to do something radical to help make a change, what ever that may be!!.
What else have we got in our armour?

Nick

Administrator
Where did you get this information from after all sisu lie through their teeth look at last season they said we are self sufficient at 11,000 crowd then near the end of the season it was 14,000 and then sell madders to supposedly balance the books.dodgy gits my opinion
The accounts probably

Where were yours?

gears87

The accounts probably

Where were yours?
On my p60 buddy.everyone has I right to an opinion and every opinions right to that person's feelings.please don't slate people off for not having the same opinion as yourself or you encourage people not to participate in debate of any sort.

Nick

Administrator
On my p60 buddy.everyone has I right to an opinion and every opinions right to that person's feelings.please don't slate people off for not having the same opinion as yourself or you encourage people not to participate in debate of any sort.
Very defensive and straight onto making out you aren't allowed an opinion.

Where were you slated or Told you weren't allowed your own opinion?

Very strange reply, you can ask people where they got their info but you can't be asked it back?

gears87

Exactly, wow.

All I did was ask where you got your info and he probably got his from the accounts and you go on like you are in North Korea.
No you asked about my accounts.if you read what I put it was too encourage debate not slate people off for disagreeing with my opinions

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If I thought not renewing my season ticket would force SISU out I'd consider it. But as has already been noted, I don't think SISU give a toss about it, and it probably make no difference. What would make a greater impact would be some very bad publicity for SISU. Most people have never heard of them, most people outside our area have no idea of what they have done to our club, nor even care

Nick

Administrator
No you asked about my accounts.if you read what I put it was too encourage debate not slate people off for disagreeing with my opinions
I meant your information, I didn't word it well as multi tasking.

Where are you being slated off?

Nick

Administrator
You quoted north Korea WHY
Because somebody asks you something and you bang on about being slated and not allowed an opinion and everybody is allowed one.

Nobody said anything about you being allowed an opinion and that's your first response.

It happens a fair bit...

Hobo

The accounts probably

Where were yours?

Well Fernadopartridge has good insight on many things. But the argument they have not made a profit based on the accounts.....to me is saying "lets justify piss poor management based on the fact they haven't made a profit."

No SISU have consistently pissed opportunity after opportunity up the wall. The fact Wasps did a deal shows a deal could be done. SISU just negotiated inappropriately.

Nick

Administrator
Well Fernadopartridge has good insight on many things. But the argument they have not made a profit based on the accounts.....to me is saying "lets justify piss poor management based on the fact they haven't made a profit."

No SISU have consistently pissed opportunity after opportunity up the wall. The fact Wasps did a deal shows a deal could be done. SISU just negotiated inappropriately.
No, he just said they hadn't made a profit and that was a a problem. Can't see him justifying anything?

Hobo

No, he just said they hadn't made a profit and that was a a problem. Can't see him justifying anything?

I said to me, then quotation marks, it is like justifying piss poor management.

Not making a profit is poor management and unsustainable. There is nothing honourable in it (I am not suggesting anybody has said it is before you get even more boring).

Nick

Administrator
I said to me, then quotation marks, it is like justifying piss poor management.

Not making a profit is poor management and unsustainable. There is nothing honourable in it (I am not suggesting anybody has said it is before you get even more boring).
He wasn't justifying it, I might be wrong though. Just pointing it out.

Hobo

He wasn't justifying it, I might be wrong though. Just pointing it out.
Where did I say Fernando was? I said to me it is like....

gears87

Mum sorry I do not have to justify anything to you as I'm not on trial yet our great owners have wasted millions of money on unwinnable court cases

Covcraig@bury

would supporters on here support a move that involves not renewing season tickets next year to actively try and force the ownership out of the club .
Sisu and their end game would remain the same , irrespective of what that was , but maybe starving them of revenue would force their hand .
Would anybody support such a move , can the fanbase actually come together .
I haven't missed a game home or away in a long while barring sixfields and I would 100% back such a move .
Thoughts
NOPM... its that easy... STOP going home games but attend away games in mass for your footy fix... This will show the FL that we still have great support but SISU DON`T !!!!!! PUSB...

SkyblueBazza

Fact is that our owners have proven many times that money matters. People don't - until people are causing the income to dry up.
Not buying season tickets might seem a good way of doing this - but less income the club brings in the less it can spend later. Double edged sword. Might it be a better idea for there to be 3 points to buy 'season tickets'? Close-season is face value, Mid-November the club does the same as the fans & offers them for the remaining fixtures discounted or premium priced depending on how we are performing...then do likewise end of February. That would provide good measures of customer satisfaction...& data on what people are prepared to pay for what they are getting. Supply & demand & all that? A bit like budget airlines & seat prices.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Sky Blue Kid

Fact is that our owners have proven many times that money matters. People don't - until people are causing the income to dry up.
Not buying season tickets might seem a good way of doing this - but less income the club brings in the less it can spend later. Double edged sword. Might it be a better idea for there to be 3 points to buy 'season tickets'? Close-season is face value, Mid-November the club does the same as the fans & offers them for the remaining fixtures discounted or premium priced depending on how we are performing...then do likewise end of February. That would provide good measures of customer satisfaction...& data on what people are prepared to pay for what they are getting. Supply & demand & all that? A bit like budget airlines & seat prices.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Or do a Cardiff and tell SISU "Invest in the playing staff properly or we don't renew ST's". :)

fernandopartridge

Indeed hobo, hence me qualifying the comment with "which is the problem". Despite selling a number of players and a cost cutting drive, the club still hasn't turned a profit. Like you say, opportunities have been missed, opportunities that are unlikely to ever re-present themselves.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Seems like a perfectly good idea to me. We need to be radical to make the change.
To be fair, I don't think SISU care if we have 1 fan turn up or 20,000

The only way to be radical is find out who their investors are, find out their business portfolio and protest and harass (legally and peacefully) to them, maybe protest (again legally and peacefully) outside Joys home!

You got to hit them hard personally, they know we hate them, you've just got to find their weakness

Wheelfass

Can't agree with you Bazza.
As fans we can't be strung along another season after this one. We have no other way of effecting the owners other than by our failure to purchase season tickets or by not attending home games.
Dont you get the feeling that Sisu may just finish us off as a going concern anyway. How much longer do you want to endure this slow and lingering demise? I understand that other fans will feel that by not purchasing a ST or attending home games that it could be detrimental to the quality of the squad but look at what we've got now - are you happy with what we have been able to bring in ?
In 54 years of non stop support I have seen a 3rd and 2nd division championship and 1 FA cup victory and that is probably more than most. We deserve better but we have no voice to the powers that be and even if we did they wouldn't listed. The only weapon that we have to show a total lack of confidence in the present ownership by our non attendance. I've absolutely no idea what this may or may not achieve but at least it is some form of action and would at the very least show the owners that we really have had enough.
I guess that it's out there for open discussion but I can't think of any other action that may at least get some sort of reaction, what ever that may be!!
So in response to the OP..... YES, let's give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread