Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (3 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

I don't think we did. We were just useless in the air against their aerial threat. I don't think he could have done much different in that back line. Our heading and jumping for headers was just atrocious
Panzo and Rose are not bad players. Indeed, in my view they are good Championship players. How come they play so badly against a non league team? It was the complacency with which we started the match and Robins has to be responsible for that.

pusbccfc

The amount of goals we've conceded with Moore in goal this season is scary.

Didn't he also concede 4 in an under 23s game not long back?

Neither Moore or Wilson command the box. A good goal keeper handles those throws yesterday.

Wilson, Marosi, Burge and Moore all similar. All very soft. At least Marosi was alright with his feet.

Evo1883

All I can say is that Robins must be one of the best managers in the country if he’s apparently not able to manage L1 or L2 games but still managed to get us promoted out of both.
The unearthed talent still there is unheard of , if only he'd learn from Skybluestalk he'd get there 😆

pusbccfc

Really ? His in game management was exceptional when we won promotion from league 1 , we lost 3 matches .

He kept us up first championship season, then proceeded to take us mid table , all these things involve good in game management ?

He found a good formula in League 1 of scoring and sitting back.

He had a decent team in the first season of the Championship. People remember Biamou and Baka but he had Matty James, Ostigard, McCallum, Hyam etc. All get into our team now. Walker was playing well, O'Hare was fit all season, Dabo was better.

I'm not trying to slate Robins but he has his weaknesses and is why I'm sure no one will break the bank to try get him from us.

The thing that has frustrated me in the last two seasons is that we've played against some absolute shite. Cardiff was a good example. He doesn't like to gamble or task risks against those type of sides.

Evo1883

He found a good formula in League 1 of scoring and sitting back.

He had a decent team in the first season of the Championship. People remember Biamou and Baka but he had Matty James, Ostigard, McCallum, Hyam etc. All get into our team now. Walker was playing well, O'Hare was fit all season, Dabo was better.

I'm not trying to slate Robins but he has his weaknesses and is why I'm sure no one will break the bank to try get him from us.

The thing that has frustrated me in the last two seasons is that we've played against some absolute shite. Cardiff was a good example. He doesn't like to gamble or task risks against those type of sides.
Matty James gets nowhere near our starting 11 now , ahead of sheaf and hamer ? No way , and Where's mcallum at now ?

A couple disagree with you on hyam , not me personally .

I don't think we scored and sat back at all ? I went to every single match home and away , we were just well drilled and well coached

pusbccfc

Matty James gets nowhere near our starting 11 now , ahead of sheaf and hamer ? No way , and Where's mcallum at now ?

A couple disagree with you on hyam , not me personally .

I don't think we scored and sat back at all ? I went to every single match home and away , we were just well drilled and well coached

Matty James would play alongside Sheaf and Hamer. I've criticised people overhyping Hyam but he's as good as the three we've got. I'd have McCallum as good as Bidwell.

In League 1 season we won all but 2/3 by one goal. We had sussed it out. Defence was solid second half of the season and you could rely on Godden. We were brilliant for the majority of that season besides Rotherham away.

Ashdown

Few positives at all from that Saturday evening embarrassment but one was the turnout…..the walk up must have been incredible . 18000+ . Definitely some money in that for the club.

jordan210

I agree with people some of our baffling recruitment decisions over the past few seasons have come back to haunt us by leaving us down to bare bones.

Ofeering long contacts to injuries or unfit players. Signing unknowns on long contracts. resigning Bright....

we have such a small squad and we tent to bomb people out so when we do need them they are not match fit. it all adds up.

SBT

I agree with people some of our baffling recruitment decisions over the past few seasons have come back to haunt us by leaving us down to bare bones.

Ofeering long contacts to injuries or unfit players. Signing unknowns on long contracts. resigning Bright....

we have such a small squad and we tent to bomb people out so when we do need them they are not match fit. it all adds up.
The baffling decisions may be obvious, but the successes of our recruitment team are much, much greater. Plenty of teams in the two and a half leagues below us who would kill for the baffling recruitment decisions we've made over the last six years.

Tommo1993

Gotta be a confidence problem for Moore. Watching the highlights, after the second went in it looked like he was about to burst into tears.

NorthernWisdom

The baffling decisions may be obvious, but the successes of our recruitment team are much, much greater. Plenty of teams in the two and a half leagues below us who would kill for the baffling recruitment decisions we've made over the last six years.
Most have a rationale at least. Bright is admittedly hard to understand, but many of the others are hindsight failures once we know they are... and a number were worth a gamble anyway

SBT

Most have a rationale at least. Bright is admittedly hard to understand, but many of the others are hindsight failures once we know they are... and a number were worth a gamble anyway
I think Bright was a case of "We've got £10k left in the bank and we still don't have any backup AMs, we can always just sack him if/when he goes AWOL". Considering where he came from and where he subsequently went, I doubt he cost us much money at all.

clint van damme

I think Bright was a case of we needed a player that could make things happen but had little budget, Bright was cheap, Robins took a gamble, Bright did a Bright.

Grendel

So to summarise.

Robins should make more subs... but our bench players aren't good enough to beat a non league side

Robins is very limited at game management... but has managed to drag a squad of apparently worse than non league players to midtable in the championship

Confused Thinking GIF

According to you though the subs are good enough and that 11 would win the game

Tavares is good enough according to you

If Gyokeres was injured on the opening day of the season where would we be? Also we have relied totally on a 36 year old managing the defensive system for 3 years which clearly has its problems and risks?

Evo1883

If Gyokeres was injured on the opening day of the season where would we be? Also we have relied totally on a 36 year old managing the defensive system for 3 years which clearly has its problems and risks?

To be fair where would fulham have been without mitrovics 40 plus goals last year ? It's a silly argument

PVA

So you must think Robins has done a magnificent job.

Can't have it both ways.

Skybluefaz

One season out of 6/7? His in-game management wasn't great in his first stint.

He doesn't take risks. There's some managers in the Championship that would have had put Doyle, Kane and Gyökeres on in the first half yesterday. When Taveras went off, he should have pulled Dabo. It was clear as day 20 minutes in that it wasn't working.
You've emerged from the pack to be the biggest waffler on here. Nice one.

BackRoomRummermill

I think we need to move on it was the cup after all - you can debate all day and go round in circles - considering we nearly came back with 10 men at 4 - 1 down is my positive - well done Wrexham all the best etc - now back to the league and I fully expect a reaction next game - in that we don’t lose …

SkyBlueMatt

Honest answer….without our top 5/6 players, we would struggle in League 2. If you can’t defend and you can’t score you haven’t got much going for you.
Paper thin squad, that’s just proved to be very precarious without the big guns.
The only positive is the timing of that shambles early in the transfer window ….and now we can supposedly strengthen
I think that's a bit extreme, I agree there are many players that aren't Championship standard but struggling in L2?

Do you not remember the dross in L2?

Dabo, Rose, Waghorn & Taveres (maybe) would do a half decent job in L1.

Kelly's playing days are over.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread