Match Thread Wycombe (5 Viewers)

SkyblueTexan

Only Dabo and Osti played well. Now Dabo’s injured. As a team, we seem to be short on confidence at the moment. Our crosses and shooting are off and we’re looking a little desperate and devoid of ideas. We need to calm down, regroup and find some of that mojo/mettle we had during our 8 game unbeaten run or as recently as when we beat Brentford and Derby.

shepardo01

About right I'd say. Mostly/all from draws.
Said that a four or so games back.
Can't see another win...(although when I said that last, we beat Derby next game)

Will this be enough.... don't think so....

fernandopartridge

Today was disappointing, but at the start of the season most of us understood that staying up would be a brilliant result.

If our current position had been offered back in early September, I'd have taken it.

It's going to be hairy, but we've got a good chance of staying up.
I sort of understand that, but the reality is that we've faced every team in this league and the standard isn't as high as anticipated. It'll be a failure to get relegated given what an outlier Wycombe are and Sheff Wed points deduction

procdoc

Why not go and slag off Grendel on one of his many threads going after individual players or the manager
I have no need to ‘slag off’ Grendel. I agree with him on Biamou, disagree with him about other stuff. It’s strange that when we win games you’re conspicuous by your absence and only come on when we play shite.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have no need to ‘slag off’ Grendel. I agree with him on Biamou, disagree with him about other stuff. It’s strange that when we win games you’re conspicuous by your absence and only come on when we play shite.

Not true whatsoever I'm on every thread regardless of the result. Was away for a month and missed losses and wins alike. There is however only one poster here who has been calling for Robins' sacking one way or another virtually all season yet is never accused of wanting the side to fail.

Grendel

Play with 10??? What do you want? He’s the only guy who can last most of the game. We are making do. Godden and Walker will show us the way no one should be worried as they are so much better than what we’ve had

Why can’t Bakayoko and Gyorkes last 90 minutes?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Next idiot says ‘at least we didn’t lose’
We didn't.
Very disappointing and could be very costly but one point is massively better than zero points. It's does help on staying up.
5th bottom playing bottom and only drawing isn't a big shock.
I agree it's a pretty rubbish result but it helps somewhat.
I'm no idiot on relegation matters!

Brighton Sky Blue

We didn't.
Very disappointing and could be very costly but one point is massively better than zero points. It's does help on staying up.
5th bottom playing bottom and only drawing isn't a big shock.
I agree it's a pretty rubbish result but it helps somewhat.
I'm no idiot on relegation matters!

Of course it is better than zero, but the gap between us and the bottom 3 just got 2 points smaller. Which it wouldn't have been had we turned up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Let's see where it stands once they've caught up the games. Either way Sheff Weds are now right back in it too.
We're doomed and Sheffield Wednesday are 'right back in it' 😂

They've given themselves an outside chance of staying up with today's result, they need 16 points from the last 9 to have a decent chance and that's play off form

Brighton Sky Blue

You were moaning every game even on our unbeaten run from what I remember, it’s becomes nauseating seeing it constantly

Also not true. It becomes nauseating being accused of wanting bad results and so on. You still don't see me dedicate thread after thread criticising x player or wanting the manager sacked.

Grendel

Also not true. It becomes nauseating being accused of wanting bad results and so on. You still don't see me dedicate thread after thread criticising x player or wanting the manager sacked.

I think he’a saying when challenged you play a victim

I’m always right and I honestly don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks and certainly wouldn’t bleat

stupot07

It’s not a given. They’ve lost 3 more games than us despite playing as many fewer games.
They won 1 more game than us despite playing many fewer games too.

Saying that if you pro-rata the current points per game

Cov 48.5
Rotherham 47.4
Birmingham 46 - Relegated

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

procdoc

Anyway I’m disappointed we didn’t win. I don’t like Kelly, James and Hamer in the same team, it’s too one dimensional. I don’t like Max continuing to spunk chance after chance. However we are still capable of staying up and are not a certainty to go down like some are suggesting.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think he’a saying when challenged you play a victim

I’m always right and I honestly don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks and certainly wouldn’t bleat

That's quite obvious. The way I act isn't some deliberate ploy, if I feel crap I can't hide it. I don't have any issue being challenged on my footballing opinions or others, it's the specific charge of wanting the side to lose that I don't like.

procdoc

That's quite obvious. The way I act isn't some deliberate ploy, if I feel crap I can't hide it. I don't have any issue being challenged on my footballing opinions or others, it's the specific charge of wanting the side to lose that I don't like.
Even if it’s unintentional it’s how you come across. I’m not the only poster to mention it.

Mucca Mad Boys

They won 1 more game than us despite playing many fewer games too.

Saying that if you pro-rata the current points per game

Cov 48.5
Rotherham 47.4
Birmingham 46 - Relegated

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Which puts them below us...

Call it complacent, but had we won today, I’d have found v unlikely we’d get relegated.

Mucca Mad Boys

Anyway I’m disappointed we didn’t win. I don’t like Kelly, James and Hamer in the same team, it’s too one dimensional. I don’t like Max continuing to spunk chance after chance. However we are still capable of staying up and are not a certainty to go down like some are suggesting.

Agreed. We really need to play 2 up front because the production from the midfield just hasn’t been there all season.

Biamou upfront on his own is not reliable. He does the hard work of getting into goal scoring positions to flounder.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. We really need to play 2 up front because the production from the midfield just hasn’t been there all season.

Biamou upfront on his own is not reliable. He does the hard work of getting into goal scoring positions to flounder.

If it goes up to 2 strikers there's a better chance of the ball sticking up long enough for us to do something.

Users who are viewing this thread