Yorkshire Cricket racism scandal (2 Viewers)

Blind-Faith

I’ll accept your point that he has no one to make him go. Just trying to make a general point I suppose, same rules should apply to everyone if you wanted to be treated the same that’s all.

COV

Doesn’t matter if he has a job or not, whether he is employed or not, if someone is being made to go on an educational course because of something he said years ago about a certain race or person, then if that person has also made derogatory comments about a certain race they should also be made to go on a course.

If everyone’s wants to be treated fairly and the same way then everyone needs to play by the same rules

Will he have to go on a course to get a job, so that his new employer can send him on the other course?

rob9872

Will he have to go on a course to get a job, so that his new employer can send him on the other course?
Well I'm looking for sone temporary admin help but he'll have to fkn behave himself!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Nobody is defending anything as far as I can see.

The only thing is Boosh, I mean Warthog, I mean Silenced Sloth seems to be insinuating that it doesn't matter that YCCC is institutionally racist or that Rafiq was abused because Rafiq made some anti semitic comments.
You are forever telling everybody what someone has said. We can all read.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Wrong! Just makes Rafiq look a bit of a silly bunt too
When he made the allegations against YCCC he must have known this would have come out.
He's apologised and so I'd assume that's that. Had any of the people he's making the allegations against admitted it and said sorry would that have been the end of the matter?
I doubt it.

Skybluefaz

When he made the allegations against YCCC he must have known this would have come out.
He's apologised and so I'd assume that's that. Had any of the people he's making the allegations against admitted it and said sorry would that have been the end of the matter?
I doubt it.
They investigated it and found no wrong doing, just banter in their words. Hence it blowing up.

There is nothing to doubt you numpty.

I don't think it will be the end of it for him either.

PVA

I doubt it.

You're missing the point. It's not a competition, it's not about comparing one against the other.

The story is about longstanding institutional racism at Yorkshire CCC and in English cricket as a whole.

Some awful anti semitic comments by Rafiq doesn't change that.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You're missing the point. It's not a competition, it's not about comparing one against the other.

The story is about longstanding institutional racism at Yorkshire CCC and in English cricket as a whole.

Some awful anti semitic comments by Rafiq doesn't change that.
Some comments he'd forgotten about . He " feels very angry with himself" for the comments he made .
He feels angry at being caught is the reality.
We have an anti semite making allegations of racism.
It's not a competition but it is about integrity.

skyblue1991

All of it is a mess, doesn't look good on Rafiq

I don't agree with people going back to posts from 10 years ago (sad individuals), however if all of this racism happened 10 years ago why wasn't anything said at the time? Was it brushed under the carpet, was people scared to come forward and say anything?

Whilst not racism, Stanley Johnson was accused of sexual assault back in 2003 yet the story only broke last week. Why wait so long?

If I said things like what has been said in the workplace I would be diciplined, potentially sacked

Mistakes were made, learn from them

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

All of it is a mess, doesn't look good on Rafiq

I don't agree with people going back to posts from 10 years ago (sad individuals), however if all of this racism happened 10 years ago why wasn't anything said at the time? Was it brushed under the carpet, was people scared to come forward and say anything?

Whilst not racism, Stanley Johnson was accused of sexual assault back in 2003 yet the story only broke last week. Why wait so long?

If I said things like what has been said in the workplace I would be diciplined, potentially sacked

Mistakes were made, learn from them

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

You've asked twice why do people take so long to report things then most likely answered your own question by saying they're scared.

I agree about dragging up old tweets and things said years ago although slightly different in Rafiqs case given the accusations hes made but for actual physical crimes then it doesn't matter how long ago as far as I'm concerned. Johnsons old man is clearly a scum bag.

OffenhamSkyBlue

No he won't, he's a wicket-keeper in the traditional mould and isn't necessarily in the team to score hatfuls of runs. We are very lucky to have Jonny Bairstow who can do both.
Apparently there is a Twitter account listing people who have scored as many Test centuries as Tim Paine. It includes Blockbuster's Bob Holness, and could include me as well. (it's zero, by the way)

PVA

No he won't, he's a wicket-keeper in the traditional mould and isn't necessarily in the team to score hatfuls of runs. We are very lucky to have Jonny Bairstow who can do both.
Apparently there is a Twitter account listing people who have scored as many Test centuries as Tim Paine. It includes Blockbuster's Bob Holness, and could include me as well. (it's zero, by the way)

They should drop him though, their middle order is fragile and they need a better batsman than him in there.

On Bairstow, he certainly does not score a hatful of runs. He averages 1.07 more than Paine! He has had one good year, way back in 2016, apart from that he's had a poor test career.

He averages 21 with no hundreds in the last 3 years.

Phenomenal white ball player though, one of England's best ever.

OffenhamSkyBlue

His texts weren't racism related. Sexual harassment.

Bad news for England though because he's Australia's worst player.
I haven't seen or heard anything to state that he was guilty of "sexual harassment", so be careful how you choose your words. In his statement, it was found in separate investigations by Cricket Australia and Cricket Tasmania that there was no indication of misconduct and no further action was required. That being the case, i'm very surprised it's a resigning matter.
I haven't seen the messages he apparently sent to the female colleague, but it may have been a two-way consensual conversation, or surely he would have been found guilty of sexual misconduct, no? In which case, it should have been a private matter (including the "conversation" with Mrs Paine!!!) and everyone should move on (especially the nosey c*nts who want to publish the texts four years on)

NorthernWisdom

I haven't seen or heard anything to state that he was guilty of "sexual harassment", so be careful how you choose your words. In his statement, it was found in separate investigations by Cricket Australia and Cricket Tasmania that there was no indication of misconduct and no further action was required. That being the case, i'm very surprised it's a resigning matter.
I haven't seen the messages he apparently sent to the female colleague, but it may have been a two-way consensual conversation, or surely he would have been found guilty of sexual misconduct, no? In which case, it should have been a private matter (including the "conversation" with Mrs Paine!!!) and everyone should move on (especially the nosey c*nts who want to publish the texts four years on)
Yeah, I guess there's more spotlight on the investigation after Yorkshire's conclusion of 'banter'. Let's hope Cricket Australia aren't as flippant! If a proper investigation at the time, that should have been the end of it, really.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah, I guess there's more spotlight on the investigation after Yorkshire's conclusion of 'banter'. Let's hope Cricket Australia aren't as flippant! If a proper investigation at the time, that should have been the end of it, really.
If they fucked up their investigations, they are in the same boat as Yorkshire CCC and their dismissal of "banter".

NorthernWisdom

If they fucked up their investigations, they are in the same boat as Yorkshire CCC and their dismissal of "banter".
Yeah, worth pulling this back really, that although the racism is (obviously!) bad, it's Yorkshire's investigation and conclusion that's been the main issue - astonishing that they ended up in effect condoning it. Had they actually come up with a half-decent conclusion to their report, and programme off the back of it to help eradicate it, this would have passed by relatively quickly.

PVA

Yeah, worth pulling this back really, that although the racism is (obviously!) bad, it's Yorkshire's investigation and conclusion that's been the main issue - astonishing that they ended up in effect condoning it. Had they actually come up with a half-decent conclusion to their report, and programme off the back of it to help eradicate it, this would have passed by relatively quickly.

Yes exactly! Which is why those saying 'but look at Rafiq's comments!' and demanding some sort of eye for an eye punishment are missing the point somewhat.

Rafiq's comments are totally unacceptable, no one is denying that, but Yorkshire's attempts to sweep it under the carpet and then their attempts to dismiss it as 'banter' are the main issue and Rafiq's comments do not change that.

chiefdave

Not really sure why the Tim Paine thing needs his resignation unless there's details that aren't in the press.

As you say it was investigated by Cricket Australia and Cricket Tasmania and he was cleared. The chairman of Cricket Tasmania's chairman has said that it was "consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated".

Presumably if its already been investigated his wife is already aware of it but probably won't be happy to see it all dragged up again and in International media. Unless its a situation like Yorkshire where a genuine complaint was brushed aside not really sure what the big deal is. Are we really supposed to believe that cricketers travelling the world are all being faithful to their partners back home as I find that a bit hard to believe.

chiefdave

Got to laugh at how many people are on twitter claiming Ollie Robinson had his career ended over historic text messages.

He was suspended while there was an investigation. They then gave him a 3 game suspension, conveniently the same number of games he'd missed while the investigation was carried out so he was straight back in the squad and is currently in Australia preparing for the Ashes. Not bad for someone whose career is over!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Wow.

This is perfectly normal. Definitely don't have to worry about racism in this country like some in here keep telling me.

These ECB board members, tsk, tsk!!!
But i am quite shocked (probably quite naively) to find that there are people in this country who hold those beliefs and values.

PVA

These ECB board members, tsk, tsk!!!
But i am quite shocked (probably quite naively) to find that there are people in this country who hold those beliefs and values.

Looks like an old person's handwriting. Hopefully just someone with very dated and of their time views.

David O'Day

Also at it's sad that the dregs of society a) are pretending to care about Jewish people to try and bury the clear racism we have seen even when people like the Board of Deputies have accepted an apology and b) think Vaughan is a good pundit (who people current player Adil Rashid say did do they thinks he is accused of)

chiefdave

Following his claim that he didn't name his dog Kevin "because it's black" there's photos doing the rounds of Alex Hales in blackface.

Not great for him but again not sure we need to drag through everyone's social media history from decades ago. This is from a 2009 New Year's Eve party where he went as Tupac Shakur.

Obviously not great but I'm not sure digging out individual things like this moves us forward. The problem as a whole needs sorting. Picking out years old social media posts and giving players a slap on the wrist seems performative.

Users who are viewing this thread