Yorkshire Cricket racism scandal (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

So Jack brooks is having to go through a diversity training programme because of what he said 10 years ago, so will this hypocrite have to go through and do the same thing then???

He should do. It would only be right.
Doesn't excuse what he went through but he is a hypocrite.

clint van damme

Two wrongs never have and never will make a right. People are now using what he said as a stick to beat him with. What he said was wrong, but that doesn't make it ok to say what he received too. Both actions are clearly wrong.

What I do have a problem with is not just this but all the other horrible little twunts storing things up to use at a given time and trawling back 10 years to find stuff. It's fkn horrendous. It should be about what we do tomorrow not what we did yesterday.

Is that 2nd paragraph a quote from Jimmy Savile?!

COV

He should do. It would only be right.
Doesn't excuse what he went through but he is a hypocrite.

He also has a huge amount of egg on his face just now, but that doesn’t mean the same questions shouldn’t be asked about this cricket club

COV

I'm not sure I understand that. If there's a pun in there I'm afraid it's gone over my head.

Really?

It means that if we ignored what people did and said years ago then people like Saville would have never been exposed

rob9872

Hang on I think you mean because of what he was found to have done years later? If so, no that's physical, I mean trawling back for online words. Whilst offensive and wrong should be called out at the time. Must be some kind of amnesty on this. Five years would seem more than appropriate imo.

chiefdave

So Jack brooks is having to go through a diversity training programme because of what he said 10 years ago, so will this hypocrite have to go through and do the same thing then???
He's been without a contract for the last 3 seasons and hasn't played a single first class game. Not sure who you think is going to send him on a diversity training program.

clint van damme

Or who were all over this thread despite showing very little interest in cricket previously and are now either absent or failing to show the same animosity towards Rafiq as they had done initially?

Haha!

Stick to Heat magazine and working Sky Blue Dom with your foot, the adults are talking.

SBT

Or who were all over this thread despite showing very little interest in cricket previously and are now either absent or failing to show the same animosity towards Rafiq as they had done initially?

Does anyone have interest in cricket?

What's the correct amount of animosity we should be showing to Rafiq, Boosh?

clint van damme

Shocking if true?

What's shocking?
His antisemitism is, the rest of it?

He's an adult, he can drink if he wants.

Someone Pakistani or of Pakistani heritage using the P word is a whole different ball game to a white person using it, same as a black person using the N word is different to awhile person using it, (but you knew that).

He called acoach a wanker,so what, we've all done that.
Hes shone a light on something here and it's clear a certain sort of person doesn't like it but he needs some sort of punishment for his anti Jewish remarks as does the other player involved, if we're going to stamp out bigotry we stamp it all out.

Reactions: SBT

PVA

Nobody is defending anything as far as I can see.

The only thing is Boosh, I mean Warthog, I mean Silenced Sloth seems to be insinuating that it doesn't matter that YCCC is institutionally racist or that Rafiq was abused because Rafiq made some anti semitic comments.

rob9872

What's shocking?
His antisemitism is, the rest of it?

He's an adult, he can drink if he wants.

Someone Pakistani or of Pakistani heritage using the P word is a whole different ball game to a white person using it, same as a black person using the N word is different to awhile person using it, (but you knew that).

He called acoach a wanker,so what, we've all done that.
Hes shone a light on something here and it's clear a certain sort of person doesn't like it but he needs some sort of punishment for his anti Jewish remarks as does the other player involved, if we're going to stamp out bigotry we stamp it all out.
Youre absolutely right on this, although not sure about the drinking. It's none of my business or anyone else's iwhether he's strict to his faith or not, but interesting after seeing the S*n jumping on the bandwagon to criticise team mates showering him in beer after a victory.

clint van damme

Nobody is defending anything as far as I can see.

The only thing is Boosh, I mean Warthog, I mean Silenced Sloth seems to be insinuating that it doesn't matter that YCCC is institutionally racist or that Rafiq was abused because Rafiq made some anti semitic comments.

The other irony is if you scroll down the page at the end of the article there's a link to a Spectator article written by a man who has on the past has been accused of antisemitism and racism as well as being guilty of assaulting hispregnant ex partner so we have a right nest of horrible, hypocritical wankers on the go.

NorthernWisdom

No I absolutely agree, it doesn’t make what has happened to him right. But I’d bet my last pound he won’t have to go on an educational course. That’s what really pisses me off.
Well he's not actually contracted to a cricket club anymore, is he? That'd be the main barrier!

Well... unless it was Yorkshire of course, at which point it would be dismissed as just banter.

PVA

Well he's not actually contracted to a cricket club anymore, is he? That'd be the main barrier!

Well... unless it was Yorkshire of course, at which point it would be dismissed as just banter.

Yorkshire would probably reward him with a lifetime contract

rob9872

No I absolutely agree, it doesn’t make what has happened to him right. But I’d bet my last pound he won’t have to go on an educational course. That’s what really pisses me off.
So someone you'd probably barely taken a passing glance to previously, isn't going on a course because he doesn't have a job and that really pisses you off? Surely mildly irritating at best or life's gonna be a pretty tough gig.

Blind-Faith

Doesn’t matter if he has a job or not, whether he is employed or not, if someone is being made to go on an educational course because of something he said years ago about a certain race or person, then if that person has also made derogatory comments about a certain race they should also be made to go on a course.

If everyone’s wants to be treated fairly and the same way then everyone needs to play by the same rules

PVA

Doesn’t matter if he has a job or not, whether he is employed or not, if someone is being made to go on an educational course because of something he said years ago about a certain race or person, then if that person has also made derogatory comments about a certain race they should also be made to go on a course.

If everyone’s wants to be treated fairly and the same way then everyone needs to play by the same rules

But made to go by who? His mum? The police?

It would be good if he decided to go on a course of his own accord, but no one can make him.

Users who are viewing this thread