Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (3 Viewers)

1966_and_all-that

Think this is a real banana skin. Yates and Patino been very decent for them I believe.
Yates has scored three braces in the last 4 games. Patino is really starting to click in the side. Play with the determination we had against the knobbers and you'll be in a tough game. However, play like we did against Hull and you'll walk it.

pusbccfc

Terry Gibson's perm

No Waghorn or walker would think Tavares will get some minutes
The clamour for him to play is bizarre. He’s really not very good

I haven’t seen him enough to comment but he does seem like a tremendous warmer upper as he is getting a lot of practice.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think this is a real banana skin. Yates and Patino been very decent for them I believe.
Add in Hamilton, who is very quick - and Patino has the ability (like Barlaser) to find a pass.
No way this is a 0-0 (think they have a few injuries at the back, too)

Sky Blue Harry H

Why is everyone suggesting Panzo returns? Doyle was really good last night.

Might be both - is Fadz fit ? I do much prefer Panzo in the air - wins a lot, which is important if the opposition are strong in the air. Doyle is much better with the ball at feet, and at reading the game.

PVA

Is Kane even fit enough to start? He's barely got any minutes under his belt.

I'd guess Eccles will start and Kane will get half an hour off the bench

Esoterica

Might be both - is Fadz fit ? I do much prefer Panzo in the air - wins a lot, which is important if the opposition are strong in the air. Doyle is much better with the ball at feet, and at reading the game.
That’s interesting! I had heading down as one of Panzo’s weaknesses, especially the long balls straight down the pitch. I will watch and wait for Panzo to fluff one so I can reinforce my confirmation bias! 😀

Frostie

That’s interesting! I had heading down as one of Panzo’s weaknesses, especially the long balls straight down the pitch. I will watch and wait for Panzo to fluff one so I can reinforce my confirmation bias! 😀

In terms of Aerial Duels Won they are almost identical; Panzo 57%, Doyle 56%

Offhegoes

Robins said Todd Kane is still getting up to speed, so I would expect that means Eccles at right back on Sat. Still a midfield of Hamer, Allen, Sheaf and Palmer behind Vik, with O'Hare and Tavares available as impact subs is strong. 3-1 City

PVA

Robins said Todd Kane is still getting up to speed, so I would expect that means Eccles at right back on Sat. Still a midfield of Hamer, Allen, Sheaf and Palmer behind Vik, with O'Hare and Tavares available as impact subs is strong. 3-1 City

Yes that's how I see it too.

Eccles in for Dabo and Palmer in for Waghorn.

Bench is going to be very light. I guess Howley and Burroughs come in?

Nick

Administrator
He isn't going to get up to speed sat watching is he???

Why is our player management like that so shit.

Playing injured players, not playing fit players to get them minutes. No wonder we get so many injuries.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think it might be a case of 2 teams who are better going forward than defensively on Saturday. Wouldn't be too upset at a draw.
Be very surprised if both teams don't score.

NorthernWisdom

Panzo hit the bar with a screamer in his first game, whereas Doyle was at fault for a couple of goals in the EFL cup game in Burton. That’s enough for many fans to have made their minds up and ignore everything that has happened since!
Doyle has generally been the better of the pair, I'd say. Also coloured by being taken off early the other game? Does seem if he goes bad, he doubles down to make sure he has an absolute stinker!

Grendel

Well he appears to be very much 3rd choice at RWB so I guess he probably hasn't felt the need to give him much game time.

He is clearly better than Eccles in that position - its just a situation where he will not play him unless he has to

Users who are viewing this thread