Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (3 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Not a massive fan of his but it’s probably a game for Kane. Offensively they’re decent and Kane is the natural defender.

Equally though I imagine we’ll play more football and have more space on Saturday to do so, so Eccles may be able to play his game more.

Would love COH to start but he looked rusty on Tuesday and the last thing we want is him injured. I know it’s not MRs norm but I’d love him to come on at HT.

45 mins of the long awaited;

Hamer Sheaf
Palmer COH
Gyokeres

Should be exciting to watch and be enough to win us the game - especially as they’re short at the back.

After having to miss Tuesday night and watch on a stream, I’m very much looking forward to being there in person on Saturday.

3-1, Gyokeres, McFadzean, COH.

jordan210

I don’t get this. He’s been in every match day squad since coming back from injury, and has come on in 3 of the last 4 games.

In 3 games he has played 21 minutes. 1 min Stoke, 5 mins Burnley and 15 mins the other night.

Been unused sub 5 times since comming back from injury.

Hasn’t he only played once in the 21s.

With the injury to Dabo we should have been rotating more. Like we have been doing with Panzo and Doyle.

But instead Eccles has been playing out of position. It’s all very odd

The Philosopher

Not a massive fan of his but it’s probably a game for Kane. Offensively they’re decent and Kane is the natural defender.

Equally though I imagine we’ll play more football and have more space on Saturday to do so, so Eccles may be able to play his game more.

Would love COH to start but he looked rusty on Tuesday and the last thing we want is him injured. I know it’s not MRs norm but I’d love him to come on at HT.

45 mins of the long awaited;

Hamer Sheaf
Palmer COH
Gyokeres

Should be exciting to watch and be enough to win us the game - especially as they’re short at the back.

After having to miss Tuesday night and watch on a stream, I’m very much looking forward to being there in person on Saturday.

3-1, Gyokeres, McFadzean, COH.
Agree,

Eccles against CJ Hamilton - not sure our young lad is ready for that; Hamilton looks a bit tricky and wily. Kane RWB due to experience.

Eccles in mid in place of Allen

Wilson

Kane Rose Fadz Doyle Bidwell

Sheaf Eccles
Hamer Palmer

Vic

Subs on COH and Allen to run like madmen final 25/30 mins.

Terry Gibson's perm

If they are not sure if Kane can do the whole game why not start chin until he is done and tell him to give him a good kick towards the end of his participation

robbiethemole

from the website,

Large

Coventry City can confirm that Saturday’s home game against Blackpool will be played as scheduled at the Coventry Building Society Arena.
We are aware of rumours to the contrary on social media and we are able to confirm the fixture will be going ahead as planned.
The Sky Blues have today received written guarantees from Arena Coventry Limited to confirm this to us.

Sky Blue Pete

from the website,

Large

Coventry City can confirm that Saturday’s home game against Blackpool will be played as scheduled at the Coventry Building Society Arena.
We are aware of rumours to the contrary on social media and we are able to confirm the fixture will be going ahead as planned.
The Sky Blues have today received written guarantees from Arena Coventry Limited to confirm this to us.
Another game on Tuesday and you could stop the rumours by confirming it for the season or for more than 1 game 2 days before. Not good at all

Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Harry H

Another game on Tuesday and you could stop the rumours by confirming it for the season or for more than 1 game 2 days before. Not good at all

How can you expect he club do that, when they are in the hands of others at the moment? Serious question - do you really think the club is in a position today to confirm that the rest of the season will continue at the CBS? Of course we all hope that will be the case, but it would be about as reliable as Derek Richardson saying 'all ok, we're not going into admin'

Grendel

How can you expect he club do that, when they are in the hands of others at the moment? Serious question - do you really think the club is in a position today to confirm that the rest of the season will continue at the CBS? Of course we all hope that will be the case, but it would be about as reliable as Derek Richardson saying 'all ok, we're not going into admin'

Clearly not. We’ve handed that decision to others

Hertsccfc

Agree,

Eccles against CJ Hamilton - not sure our young lad is ready for that; Hamilton looks a bit tricky and wily. Kane RWB due to experience.

Eccles in mid in place of Allen

Wilson

Kane Rose Fadz Doyle Bidwell

Sheaf Eccles
Hamer Palmer

Vic

Subs on COH and Allen to run like madmen final 25/30 mins.
Why play our best player out of position, especially when he was outstanding on Tuesday?

shmmeee

In 3 games he has played 21 minutes. 1 min Stoke, 5 mins Burnley and 15 mins the other night.

With the injury to Dabo we should have been rotating more. Like we have been doing with Panzo and Doyle.

Not really, Eccles has played there before, is fitter, and will be with us past the end of the season. But if there was some anti-Kane agenda, he wouldn't be getting on at all. There was no obvious reason to pull Bidwell off the other night for example.

Sky Blue Pete

I don't see how they can if the business is imminently due to go under.
Nor me and that’s partly my point
The message should just have said we can confirm the game will be going ahead as planned rather than taking a dig at social media rumours. The situation is changing pretty much hourly I’m sure and it’s a huge distraction from our battle to get out of the bottom 3

Brighton Sky Blue

Nor me and that’s partly my point
The message should just have said we can confirm the game will be going ahead as planned rather than taking a dig at social media rumours. The situation is changing pretty much hourly I’m sure and it’s a huge distraction from our battle to get out of the bottom 3

Agreed. Sat there on Tuesday though I couldn't help but think what if we'd played this as originally planned and without half the team walking wounded. Hyam still available then too of course.

The stadium situation just has to be properly resolved for the club to have a bright future.

1966_and_all-that

Our lot think it will be a tough game. This from one post on our AVFTT message board:
"Tough game. Coventry only off to a slow start as they had home games cancelled and took them a bit longer to get match fit and gel.

"Hamer is quality. O’Hare back from injury. Gyorkeres a very good forward. Be tough. Point a good return."

Brighton Sky Blue

Our lot think it will be a tough game. This from one post on our AVFTT message board:
"Tough game. Coventry only off to a slow start as they had home games cancelled and took them a bit longer to get match fit and gel.

"Hamer is quality. O’Hare back from injury. Gyorkeres a very good forward. Be tough. Point a good return."

Think that needs balancing against a lot of tired legs for us, Tuesday will again have been a heavy toll. Squad is too small and creaking under injuries and a fixture pile up.

Do very much need a win though.

Greggs

shagging sheaf's dog can't have helped..... (apparently)

Skybluedownunder

Will be Burroughs, think Walker will be on the bench even if he’s not 100%

If Walker really isn’t ready I’d rather throw one of the young lads on the bench. You’d be pretty deflated if it was your time to step up onto the bench and they put someone on the bench with an ACL tear.

Someone like Nee or Bapaga. Haven’t heard anything on Bapaga in a while, what’s happened with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

We understand , from our local rag, that Arsenal weren't keen on Patino going out but his Dad was insistent.

Good on his dad. You’ve only got to look at players like Foden who were held back years, he should have broke into the team way younger rather than just sitting on the bench wasting his time. A loan would have got him important learning. Cole Palmer now having the same treatment as what Foden did.

All these players leaving UK and going to Germany to get game time good on them.

Had Bellingham gone to a Prem club he would have hardly got matches, now when he does come Prem he will be a starter. Sancho the same too

clint van damme

Good on his dad. You’ve only got to look at players like Foden who were held back years, he should have broke into the team way younger rather than just sitting on the bench wasting his time. A loan would have got him important learning. Cole Palmer now having the same treatment as what Foden did.

All these players leaving UK and going to Germany to get game time good on them.

Had Bellingham gone to a Prem club he would have hardly got matches, now when he does come Prem he will be a starter. Sancho the same too

Forden is 22 and won the EPL 4 times.
Bellingham and Sancho don't have an EPL or Bundesligue win between them.

Users who are viewing this thread