Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (4 Viewers)

mmttww

Mad game. We looked good in the final third, should have bagged a few, but were also lucky not to get slapped by a handful of goals. Good game.

Felt for us (fans) - really tried to keep going but the second goal came just when we'd had five mins of being on top, looking like we'd win it.

If we play like like and sort the keeper situation out I think we'll manage. Worried about Panzo, mind. Felt he had a shocker today. Awful in the air.

shmmeee

Thought the Blackpool fans were some of the best all season. Loud all the way through even though there weren’t many of them.

pusbccfc

Thought the Blackpool fans were some of the best all season. Loud all the way through even though there weren’t many of them.

Always are good. Ironically they didn't make a peep in the first 15 minutes because we were too loud. Then suddenly there was a shift and we were awful. By some way the quietest our lot have been.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

They weren’t all the way through, there was quite a large patch (about 15/20 minutes) where both sets were quiet. Although they were one of the best set of fans we’ve seen this season

CV22SBA

Mad game. We looked good in the final third, should have bagged a few, but were also lucky not to get slapped by a handful of goals. Good game.

Felt for us (fans) - really tried to keep going but the second goal came just when we'd had five mins of being on top, looking like we'd win it.

If we play like like and sort the keeper situation out I think we'll manage. Worried about Panzo, mind. Felt he had a shocker today. Awful in the air.
Panzo & Rose we’re both really sick so I think whichever played was not going to be at their best.

Lord_Nampil

Thing is I don’t think we actually played badly, and considering the situation I think robins agreed with that,

However decision making at both ends caused us problems and in the end cost us the game…

We created a few chances second half and only one, vics effort, tested the keeper, o’hare and Allen both had chances that didn’t test the keeper. Problem is we needed conviction when the efforts were made and we didn’t get it, I guess vics may be down to his illness…

Defence looked on edge, we delt ok at times but with sheafs early yellow didn’t help the situation, we seemed to get open up to easily with a lack of cover as sheaf didn’t put his foot in as much as he would have if he hadn’t of got the yellow!!

The real highlight is Palmer, we have brought in a top player there who really looks the part now he is fit, shame we didn’t have him last season… he took his goal really well it’s a shame we didn’t open them up like that again during the match!!

For me Wilson needs to be rested and Moore needs to come back in…. Wilson a good shot stopper but made 3 or 4 mistakes yesterday of which we only got punished once…

Also though Jack Burroughs did well when he came on, he’s rapid too by the looks of it, can see him getting a chance at some point!

Otis

Thing is I don’t think we actually played badly, and considering the situation I think robins agreed with that,

However decision making at both ends caused us problems and in the end cost us the game…

We created a few chances second half and only one, vics effort, tested the keeper, o’hare and Allen both had chances that didn’t test the keeper. Problem is we needed conviction when the efforts were made and we didn’t get it, I guess vics may be down to his illness…

Defence looked on edge, we delt ok at times but with sheafs early yellow didn’t help the situation, we seemed to get open up to easily with a lack of cover as sheaf didn’t put his foot in as much as he would have if he hadn’t of got the yellow!!

The real highlight is Palmer, we have brought in a top player there who really looks the part now he is fit, shame we didn’t have him last season… he took his goal really well it’s a shame we didn’t open them up like that again during the match!!

For me Wilson needs to be rested and Moore needs to come back in…. Wilson a good shot stopper but made 3 or 4 mistakes yesterday of which we only got punished once…

Also though Jack Burroughs did well when he came on, he’s rapid too by the looks of it, can see him getting a chance at some point!
We desperately need for U21's like Burroughs to make the grade. We need to boost squad numbers urgently.

If we can get Eccles and Burroughs included as regulars that would be such a shot in the arm.

Seaside-Skyblue

Good assessment. In regards to keeper, agree Id like Moore back in and or we get a loan in Jan. I just feel he offers more composure which helps the defence. Yes he made a few mistakes at the start of season but he'll learn.

The illness in the team aside, before I knew this while watching the game, we looked lethargic and anxious and IMO, hit the self destruct button so many times which enabled Bpools chances.

Our passing has to improve too! If anyone has ever flipped passing settings on FIFA to "manual" before you'll know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

Didn’t see that before, but maybe should have cleared it out for a throw? Never thought Madine could move so quick, he never did for us, but Wilson has to get back on his line faster, the ball looped inches over him.

OldBedrocker

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but for the first goal McFadzean was telling Doyle to make the backpass, not noticing the Blackpool guy sneaking up behind him
Was right in front of us Doyle looked at Wilson to give him the angle at least 3 times and he refused to move as clearly he didn’t want the ball to his feet due to his poor confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread