Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (2 Viewers)

ccfc922

Really let ourselves down today, even if you take no ST out of the equation.

We let them play and gifted them chances, lucky to only concede 2.

Grendel

Defensively it was as bad as that Yeovil game

it was awful

Madine destroyed us - he has the attributes that Gyokeres lacks and the other way round. Strength with his back to goal and Ariel power and dominance. No whining on shirt pulling just batter the centre halves. He and the number 9 took Is apart

Grendel

It should have been 7-5 to them if anybody could shoot

We deserved to lose by a far wider margin than we did - we defending as badly as I’ve seen for years

Evo1883

So yes , confirmed Allen, vik , fadz , bidwell all ill , he named more but kids were messing around

Explains the perdormance of the team atleast

SeaSeeEffCee

Who on earth are we even going to start on Tuesday? Palmer and O’Hare will be dead on their feet, Gyokeres, Allen, Bidwell, Tavares, Rose etc. all ill, Waghorn, Dabo, Eccles injured

pusbccfc

it was awful

Madine destroyed us - he has the attributes that Gyokeres lacks and the other way round. Strength with his back to goal and Ariel power and dominance. No whining on shirt pulling just batter the centre halves. He and the number 9 took Is apart

Always liked him. He will give it to the referees too. Something our players are too scared of.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Having listened to MR I am prepared to cut the team some slack, sounds like we were fortunate to field the team we did. Doesnt seem he had much choice but to pick the team he did and the formation

Some good moments but defence too open. Goalkeeper shakey and his kicking awful. Some periods where ball retention and passing poor then we go score a real quality goal.

Maybe could have got a draw but I have no real complaints about the result we should have been 3 down in the first 15 minutes.

covcity4life

Really dissapointing that. Yes Blackpool prob better and v dangerous going forwards but we had our chances too. Have to get more on target

The two goals we conceded were fucking pathetic. What was Doyle doing ??? He had so much time to make right decision and still chose wrong. Yes he's young but fuck me that's was annoying.

Second goal is on Wilson. He doesn't attempt to claim and then watches it go in. He did a job when first came in but now needs to be dropped .

Great goal from us and we are at our best when we play it on ground but have to sort this defence out.

Gynnsthetonic

Thought Blackpool played really well, Madine and Jerry Yates looked a handful, Doyle and Wilson look woeful. Wont be going to Wolves, Walsall or anywhere else apart from CBS on Tuesday. Whole things pissing me off

Sky Blue Harry H

First half I couldn't believe we came in 1-0 up

Second half we played better (especially going forward)

Overall they deserved it, but it was a decent game (if you're a neutral!)

Calista

Moore
Kane Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Hamer Sheaf
O’Hare Palmer Allen
Gyokeres
Agreed, we should be 4-2-3-1.

Robins is working wonders with limited resources, but why are we playing a back three with the inexperienced lads we have available? To his credit, Robins made it work for a few games by digging in and playing long ball, but you can’t do that forever and we need to give O’Hare and Palmer a platform to play with freedom.

And IMO we don’t have natural wing backs. Kane and Bidwell may have played there a lot over their careers, but they both look much more like conventional fullbacks to me (and good ones too).

I’d have the same team as you, but with Hamer and Allen swapped over.

Paxman II

it was awful

Wow. if you think Madine is a better player than Gyokeres you must be on something I want none of!

Johnnythespider

Can't argue with the result, several really lack lustre performances which sound like they are related to the illness in the camp, hope that it's a 24hr thing and players are back firing on all cylinders Tuesday wherever the game is played, I won't be traveling anywhere other than the cbs as it's too much of a rush after work

SBT

Four at the back would be a disaster for us - given the quality of our CBs, it’s safety in numbers with a back three or nothing. Any team with two capable, mobile strikers would murder us with a back four.

Paxman II

Well tbf Robin's comments suggest nearly all players have been affected by this bug in the camp, some worse than others. Changing his team sheet 3 times before handing it in cartainly states the obvious. If you are under the weather or sick you are not going to play well. Apparently Faz played but was sick. You could see the energy was not there when required. Only Hamer looked on his game. Allen did not do the running he normally does, Sheaf was miles off etc etc. It makes sense, but can they recover enough for Tuesday?

pusbccfc

Well tbf Robin's comments suggest nearly all players have been affected by this bug in the camp, some worse than others. Changing his team sheet 3 times before handing it in cartainly states the obvious. If you are under the weather or sick you are not going to play well. Apparently Faz played but was sick. You could see the energy was not there when required. Only Hamer looked on his game. Allen did not do the running he normally does, Sheaf was miles off etc etc. It makes sense, but can they recover enough for Tuesday?

Unlikely and proves once again the lack of investment in the squad is not acceptable. We don't even have any kids to play.

1966_and_all-that

Thought Blackpool played really well, Madine and Jerry Yates looked a handful, Doyle and Wilson look woeful. Wont be going to Wolves, Walsall or anywhere else apart from CBS on Tuesday. Whole things pissing me off
We played to our strengths but defensively we weren't good. You did well exploiting the right wing in the second half but your balls in were well smothered. We took our goals well but some of your shooting could have been better.

hill83

Unlikely and proves once again the lack of investment in the squad is not acceptable. We don't even have any kids to play.

I can’t even name any of the under 23’s off the top of my head. They are almost like a completely different club. Fuck all of them get a look in. Does Robins even know any of them?

And if they are all shit, what’s the point of it.

Users who are viewing this thread