Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (1 Viewer)

Otis

I can’t even name any of the under 23’s off the top of my head. They are almost like a completely different club. Fuck all of them get a look in. Does Robins even know any of them?

And if they are all shit, what’s the point of it.
There's really only been Eccles and Jack Burroughs who have done anything close to breaking through lately hasn't there.

For the model we have to work, it would only do so if we had a number of really talented kids breaking through to the first team squad and we haven't.

Sky Blue Harry H

Unlikely and proves once again the lack of investment in the squad is not acceptable. We don't even have any kids to play.

It is one of those things that happens. We could have had another 2 x £5m players in the squad, but that doesn't stop them being sick either. In the big scheme of things, the stadium situation and our direction thereafter tops everything. I think we need to keep our powder dry until all becomes clearer. Then pop the champagne corks, or get the pitchforks out!

Nuskyblue

What??????
I preface this with me having to go back and work out the context of my own reply but...

If it was covid surely he wouldn't be there, at all? He was with the kids in the warm up which I thought was odd....

To be fair I found the whole pre match practice off.

At this point I've bored myself to sleep.

Nuskyblue

What??????
I suspect he'd done something to be benched. Behaviour w
Considering most of our team was ill I thought you looked bang average. Which is all that was required, but there we are.
I thought we got a teaching tbh. Rotherham did the same and that bothers me...

If they was all ill that is something else in fairness and on balance we have played way worse this season 🙃

Brighton Sky Blue

I suspect he'd done something to be benched. Behaviour w

I thought we got a teaching tbh. Rotherham did the same and that bothers me...

If they was all ill that is something else in fairness and on balance we have played way worse this season 🙃

Having to start with no recognised striker and most of the squad having fallen ill is a different handicap to Tuesday.

CV22SBA

I preface this with me having to go back and work out the context of my own reply but...

If it was covid surely he wouldn't be there, at all? He was with the kids in the warm up which I thought was odd....

He was warming up with the subs like the subs do every week you plank.

Nuskyblue

He was warming up with the subs like the subs do every week you plank.
Not having it. The subs normally piss about with the first team in front of the east stand. Gyo was tamely passing it about with the kids on the other side of the pitch tday

SkyBlue_Bear83

Other than

Cause he was testing negative, a lot of the player were displaying covid symptoms but tests were coming back negative

pusbccfc

Name one other team that has had 5 strikers out for a game please

Besides the 1 injured midfielder in Kelly, we have no others that aren't kids. Equally we've got one left back?

Worth also questioning why these players are injured. We've got no ability to rotate while playing 2 games a week.

Otis

Other than
Cause he was testing negative, a lot of the player were displaying covid symptoms but tests were coming back negative
I have had Covid now 4 times and on 3 of those occasions the test has proved to be negative. With the later variants, the tests are not as accurate on picking some of them up.

I know I had it, because it was the exact same symptoms each time and I had never ever had such symptoms before pre Covid.

Could therefore well have been Covid on this occasion too.

shepardo01

I was there in the tunnel/dressing room area at 12:45 until 1:30.
It was tense, players in cubicles in dressing room, people not allowed in, covid testing taking place (remember, rules different now)
Vik was there very early- looked rough and was in and out of dressing room. Rose similar too. We were told that there was illness through squad, but covid tests negative.
Robins (after game) said it was and Illness outbreak with differing symptoms for different players, some shirts were set out for players, that ended up not even being in the squad/building in the end!
Palmer could not meet mascots early on as he was ill.
He is giving them tomorrow off sonthey stay away from each other!
Said Vik/rose/allen/fadz (only mentioned those, but clearly more) were all suffering!

Nick

Administrator
I was there in the tunnel/dressing room area at 12:45 until 1:30.
It was tense, players in cubicles in dressing room, people not allowed in, covid testing taking place (remember, rules different now)
Vik was there very early- looked rough and was in and out of dressing room. Rose similar too. We were told that there was illness through squad, but covid tests negative.
Robins (after game) said it was and Illness outbreak with differing symptoms for different players, some shirts were set out for players, that ended up not even being in the squad/building in the end!
Palmer could not meet mascots early on as he was ill.
He is giving them tomorrow off sonthey stay away from each other!
Said Vik/rose/allen/fadz (only mentioned those, but clearly more) were all suffering!
Who had shirts laid out that wasn't even there in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread