And The Cracks are Beggining to Show (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I always judge the performance by looking at it as an independent and if I would know who was second from top and who second from bottom.

Today I did not. It was an even game and actually when Oldham were forced to move forward they looked more capable than us.

We are starting to have some real problems.

Some are injury related and not of our own making. Turner is a blow and although stokes seems to be a real find the reserve cover looks anything but league one champions material. Phillips was culpable for the attack that led to the corner and also I suspect for the goal. Haynes is just an accident waiting to happen.

Fleck was a loss as well. However, Bigiamara did ok but he lacks stamina and physicality and the long ball ability fleck has. Also he was washed up by the end and cannot last 90 minutes.

The cole experiment is proving detrimental. Today Mowbray tinkered with formation and got it wrong. Cole has to go back.

Personally I don't get playing one up front against an ultra defensive side. Makes no real sense to me.

Murphy is essential to the team - far more so than Armstrong who often goes missing. Without Murphy the penetration is gone.

Mowbray has in the last had a reputation for being like Christmas decorations. Today he really did get it wrong. His obsession with fortune is odd and his decision to spend budget on tudgay, who he then never plays, ahead of an experienced keeper may be a major error.

He has the tools for the top 6.

I trust him to deliver but he needs to deliver.

Otis

I always judge the performance by looking at it as an independent and if I would know who was second from top and who second from bottom.

Today I did not. It was an even game and actually when Oldham were forced to move forward they looked more capable than us.

We are starting to have some real problems.

Some are injury related and not of our own making. Turner is a blow and although stokes seems to be a real find the reserve cover looks anything but league one champions material. Phillips was culpable for the attack that led to the corner and also I suspect for the goal. Haynes is just an accident waiting to happen.

Fleck was a loss as well. However, Bigiamara did ok but he lacks stamina and physicality and the long ball ability fleck has. Also he was washed up by the end and cannot last 90 minutes.

The cole experiment is proving detrimental. Today Mowbray tinkered with formation and got it wrong. Cole has to go back.

Personally I don't get playing one up front against an ultra defensive side. Makes no real sense to me.

Murphy is essential to the team - far more so than Armstrong who often goes missing. Without Murphy the penetration is gone.

Mowbray has in the last had a reputation for being like Christmas decorations. Today he really did get it wrong. His obsession with fortune is odd and his decision to spend budget on tudgay, who he then never plays, ahead of an experienced keeper may be a major error.

He has the tools for the top 6.

I trust him to deliver but he needs to deliver.

Ricketts
Fleck
Turner.

Those 3 missing was massive today.

covcity4life

Bigi was grear out there today but Haynes is shite defensively. Never anywhere near his man.

Phillips had a good gsme but made his weekly mistake to cost us the goal.

We need to generate more offense. It's stopped lately.

Had Armstrong passed to Obrien in first min maybe it's a different gsme though. Fine margins

Otis

Bigi was grear out there today but Haynes is shite defensively. Never anywhere near his man.

Had Armstrong passed to Obrien in first min maybe it's a different gsme though. Fine margins

And so too had Kent passed instead of taking that shot in the first half that went wide of the post. We had 2 players in the box waiting for the ball in.

Nick

Administrator
Is there some sort of agreements for the loans?

I'd have preferred Lamieres over Cole.

Bringing Maddison on was the wrong move also, especially as they were piling pressure on us.

mechaishida

Good point there, there's been a definite shift tactically. Why, is the question.

skybluetony176

Ricketts
Fleck
Turner.

Losing Turner early on was also a big blow. We only had one defender on the bench to bring on and being kind he wasn't good enough to step any of the starting defenders boots.

stupot07

Ricketts
Fleck
Turner.

Yeah, really missed fleck. Bigi did OK but doesn't have the same level of urgency or range of passing as fleck.

Only Vincelot and JOB really stood out today....the rest were different shades of Meh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Good point there, there's been a definite shift tactically. Why, is the question.

Perhaps teams are more defensive with us now I guess. But we are not passing ball well either

Still lots of options though upfront so I am sure we will click again soon

mrtrench

Kent is like the billy big boots show-off at school. Loads of skill but no footballing intelligence - he plays for himself, not the team.

Nick

Administrator
Kent is like the billy big boots show-off at school. Loads of skill but no footballing intelligence - he plays for himself, not the team.

Yep, I thought he dived too. He played the ball with a bad touch well in front of him.

Hobo

Our season hinges on players developing Armstrong Murphy Lamieras Madderson.

RCC Phillips and Burge look the most unlikely

Cole looks great on paper but less so on the pitch. Free-kicks and corners aren't enough.

Centre of defence still a problem due to injuries.

Still a work in progress and promotion is just a possibility at the moment, as some teams are starting to look more consistent.

Otis

Yeah, really missed fleck. Bigi did OK but doesn't have the same level of urgency or range of passing as fleck.

Only Vincelot and JOB really stood out today....the rest were different shades of Meh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Totally agree.

stupot07

I must say TM does make some puzzling decisions, he seeks to rotate the front 4 ever week. Lamieres puts in a MOTM performance last week then gets dropped.

Bringing Fortune on and playing right wing.

Odd.

Nick

Administrator
I must say TM does make some puzzling decisions, he seeks to rotate the front 4 ever week. Lamieres puts in a MOTM performance last week then gets dropped.

Bringing Fortune on and playing right wing.

Odd.

Bringing Maddison on was strange when we were holding on and they were piling the pressure on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Your admiration of Murphy is perplexing, he's had two excellent games a handful of good ones and the rest average to poor ones. He was crap against Sheffield United and Armstrong is a much better player.

covcity4life

Fortune is only one I didn't agree with. It makes no sense. When he went middle least he held ball up a bit. Wing is not for him

Why we emurphy and Fleck not in squad? We have week till next game. No need to rest just yet

Evo1883

The game changed when turner went off , we already had ricketts out .
I thought we were very comfortable until the turner injury whilst going forward a bit too slowly which mowbray already admitted .
Which cracks or are we being slightly dramatic ... ?
We have lost once in 2 months , yes we are dropping points but still in the top 6 ..or is it because secretly we all think we are going to be champions and it bothers you that we may not actually be champion material

Otis

Don't think we should overreact here.

People are talking about cracks, but last week we should have won that game and there was no way we deserved to lose. Key decisions went against us.

Today we were seconds from victory and TM has said RCC was clearly fouled.

Would people be talking of cracks beginning to appear if we had won both these matches?

Grendel

Your admiration of Murphy is perplexing, he's had two excellent games a handful of good ones and the rest average to poor ones. He was crap against Sheffield United and Armstrong is a much better player.

Murphy is a defenders nightmare. Kent is a defenders dream and Armstrong today was very poor. Against Sheffield Murphy created the main chances of note and without him we look poor.

Otis

Bringing Maddison on was strange when we were holding on and they were piling the pressure on.

We had no more defensive cover on the bench Nick. Only Kelly-Evans, who you would have to assume is not ready for first team football.

Evo1883

Murphy is a defenders nightmare. Kent is a defenders dream and Armstrong today was very poor. Against Sheffield Murphy created the main chances of note and without him we look poor.

Kent a defenders dream ????? In what respect .
He just floats past them non stop , his final ball lets him down but to say he's a defenders dream is bizzarre.
Armstrong is not really getting great service lately either

mechaishida

Don't think we should overreact here.

People are talking about cracks, but last week we should have won that game and there was no way we deserved to lose. Key decisions went against us.

Today we were seconds from victory and TM has said RCC was clearly fouled.

Would people be talking of cracks beginning to appear if we had won both these matches?

To be fair, I think a few have maintained a necessity for ruthlessness for quite some time...either it's too much pressure and graft for such young, yet crucial, players or we just really haven't got the depth of squad to challenge for an auto spot.

I hope TM is able to address the issues or 'cracks', who knows, perhaps this announcement that's coming is to do with money available for transfers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Was pretty drab today, too much sideways stuff creeping in over the last month.

Next match I'd go with Maddison, Lameiras and JOB playing behind Armstrong, that was the front 4 who were playing great at the beginning of the season, the link up and interplay was much better with those 4. Murphy and Kent are good players but they are more isolate the full back and have a run at them rather than pass and move. Keep Murphy and Kent on the bench for running at tired legs late on.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

You've built Murphy up in your mind to be some sort of world beater off the back of a 10 minute spell v Gillingham when the rest of his CCFC career has been a mixed bag of some good, some indifferent and some bad.

Armstrong was pretty poor today but never really got the service, still a better player than Murphy.

Otis

You've built Murphy up in your mind to be some sort of world beater off the back of a 10 minute spell v Gillingham when the rest of his CCFC career has been a mixed bag of some good, some indifferent and some bad.

Armstrong was pretty poor today but never really got the service, still a better player than Murphy.

He is. As well as all his skill, pace and goal-prowess, he also works really hard too, which then leads to defensive errors from the opposition.

Murhpy is a lot more hit and miss.

D

Deleted member 2477

Two games now tm has got it wrong with team selection and subs. Why he keeps persisting with fortune who is so scared to shoot is unbelievable and to put him on the wing when you had lameiras who was the man of the match last week in perplexing. Both lameiras and the forgoton man tudguy must be wondering why they both. Fortune is a waste of space just like cole today

Hobo

I think they both have qualities and room for development. Kent has great skill and great at drawing two defenders but needs to learn when to lay it off and pick a pass. Murphy always looks out of sorts when marked by a midfielder with a fullback covering. He comes into his own when he just has to beat the fullback. He relies heavily on his pace. He often really comes into a game when Kent is on the pitch because he draws the midfield across the pitch and allows Murphy to go one on one with the fullback. Murphy also has proved at more than one club that he can score goals, but does need to be more consistent and involved for longer periods.

Otis

Two games now tm has got it wrong with team selection and subs. Why he keeps persisting with fortune who is so scared to shoot is unbelievable and to put him on the wing when you had lameiras who was the man of the match last week in perplexing. Both lameiras and the forgoton man tudguy must be wondering why they both. Fortune is a waste of space just like cole today

As I said on the other thread, Oldham in the second half suddenly started pressuring us much higher up the pitch and kept closing us down. This then meant we couldn't play the ball out from the back and RCC had to resort to kicking it long.

We did that and the ball kept coming back to us, so TM brought Fortune on to try and give us more physical presence and hold the ball up for us. Yes, he went on to the right for much of the time (but Phillips was shaky) , but he came into a central position to try and win the ball when RCC was kicking it long.

It made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread