And The Cracks are Beggining to Show (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Maybe Ricketts is just suffering with playing with shall we be kind 'lesser players' , so its affected his form he must feckin dread playing with Ramage

Pete in Portugal

Oh and I missed Bigi out of that list too. That lad is NO defensive midfielder and we should never play him there again to my mind.

I was going to ask your opinion about him. While you maybe correct in saying he should not be playing as a DM, I think he has 2 weaknesses which mean he is not currently good enough tp play in any position in our team: 1) He seems unable to play at the pace required in L1 and 2) He needs to improve his passing success rate - too often he gives the ball to an opponent and this puts our defence under pressure. He doesn't seem to have developed very much since he left us for Newcastle. He needs to work on these issues if he's to have a career, even at this level. Meanwhile, if Fleck or Vincelot are unavailable, (i.e. next week!), it looks like we'll have to use Andy Rose or even JOB to play DM.

stupot07

Oh and I missed Bigi out of that list too. That lad is NO defensive midfielder and we should never play him there again to my mind.

Begs the question why did we sign him, he isn't a number 10/attacking centre mid (his touch and urgency isn't good enough) and isn't a wide man either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Pete in Portugal

Maybe Ricketts is just suffering with playing with shall we be kind 'lesser players' , so its affected his form he must feckin dread playing with Ramage

I agree that his own form has suffered from his lack of confidence in his defensive partners. I seem to recall he even had a right go at Stokes in the last match when he played as his CD partner. I wonder how he feels about playing in front of RCC? And of course playing alongside Ramage would give anyone the jitters.

Even if we sign a new big CD, I believe we need Martin back ASAP. Our defence has not been anything like as secure since his injury.

Otis

Think you may be over reacting slightly, it was a shambles yesterday but its not like Scunthorpe outclassed us, most of the Scunthorpe chances were gift wrapped by Ramage.

If Martin and Fleck had played instead of Ramage and Bigi I think we could be looking back at a different result as the two replacements were so, so poor it was unbelievable and dragged the rest of the team down.

We desperately need a big centre half to fill the hole from Reda and a winger with a bit of pace an skill to take the pressure of Murphy. Probably an experienced keeper as well, its not like we need a new 11.
I thought Scunthorpe did outclass us to be honest.

Any ball squared into the penalty box on those 3 occasions they cut through us and they would have all been tap ins.

Could easily have been 4 down by half time.

I would very much say we were outclassed. Out-thought and out-muscled too.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

higgs

We need to play rcc/burge lorentzson ricketts Martin stokes o brien rose vincelot fleck maddison armstrong we can't afford to have players on the pitch who won't put a shift in

Users who are viewing this thread