And The Cracks are Beggining to Show (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
So are you blaming them for the last 2 games?
Bigi was probebly our mom today after a poor game last week, he seemed to do all the right things today espesially in the first half.
Vincelot was better I think

letsallsingtogether

Why is the next game a must win? Can we no longer get promoted if we don't win?
We need to stop the rot can't keep drawing or losing in the last couple of minutes and expect to stay where we are.

letsallsingtogether

Vincelot was better I think
We all see things differantly, yes Vincelot had a desent game but it is just my opinion.

Just thought that Bigi seemed to start all of the good moves in the first half.

covcity4life

So are you blaming them for the last 2 games?
Bigi was probebly our mom today after a poor game last week, he seemed to do all the right things today espesially in the first half.

Yeh I thought Bigi had a good game. Battled well too

Phillips cost us goal with inept defending leading to corner and Haynes is such a bad defender he will also cost us if he plays lb.

clint van damme

one thing I was convinced off even when we hit the top of the league was that we would have a run of 4-6 games without a win, (as will most of our rivals).

We can turn it round over Christmas and if we win key games in January we'll be right back in the mix.

Yes it's worrying but let's not be too doom and gloom. TM has to look for an experienced keeper in January though.

Londonccfcfan

last few home games the second half has been won, tactically by the opposing managers.

Started from 2nd half vs Gillingham game. We lost 2nd half 1 nil. And they dominated.

very poor use of substitutions by TM...what is he doing starting fortune on the right wing again?

Kent is just a show boater with no end product. Looks pretty but totally ineffective.

Why did lameiras not start??? Has his best game at Sheffield United and doesn't get a kick. Cole ahead of lameiras.. A joke. Very unfair and unjust for the lad.

Murphy player of the month last month. Not even in the aquad quite unbelievable. Kent should have dropped imho.

mechaishida

The last 4 results are not promotion form, people should be able to enquire as to what's going on. I'm sure the management team are concerned

Exactly this.

The trend seems to be excellent form, followed by a bad spell. This inconsistency is going to cost us dearly, and TM must be pulling his hair out in frustration.

We need ruthlessness and the ability to out-fight team, not just out-play them. When the latter tactic fails, we're lost. And as highlighted yesterday, there seems to be a discernible shift tactically that neglects the free-flowing attack we've seen. The fact TM brought MAF on instead of Lameiras yesterday shows a very negative change tactically.

We should have gone balls out, stung them with 2 goals and taken the pressure off. We've done it countless times before.

Something is amiss, I'm telling you.

Otis

Does make me laugh though. It was 'in TM we trust' a month ago and he could do no wrong, now all of a sudden so many criticisms are being thrown his way.

1. Why isn't he playing Lameiras?

2. Why was Murphy dropped?

3. What is he picking Cole for?

4. Fortune is useless, why does Mowbray keep picking him?

5. Why isn't Tudgay getting game time?

6. TM should have brought an experienced keeper in.

7. His tactics are wrong.

8. He's being outwitted by opposition managers.

From hero to zero in just a few weeks. ;)

Typical football fans. Everything is rosy in the garden until things start to go a little awry and then seemingly there are loads of things wrong.

Yes there are problems that need ironing out at the moment, but we were robbed of at least a point last week and probably should have won and yesterday we came within seconds of 3 points.

Fine margins. I just don't believe that suddenly after making the right decisions, he's suddenly making all the wrong decisions.

chinamans view

I think we lack a big target man like Hanson at Bradford ,so we can mix it up a bit high long balls sometimes work, well they do for teams against us.

mechaishida

Does make me laugh though. It was 'in TM we trust' a month ago and he could do no wrong, now all if a sudden so many criticisms are being thrown his way.

Typical football fans. Everything is rosy in the garden until things start to go a little awry and then seemingly there are loads of things wrong.

Yes there are problems that need ironing out at the moment, but we were robbed of at least a point last week and probably should have won and yesterday we came within seconds of 3 points.

Fine margins. I just don't believe that suddenly after making th right decisions, he's suddenly making all the wrong decisions.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Hmm, not really...I think we're entitled to outline issues where we see them, it doesn't necessarily mean we're being fickle and priming ourselves for the 'TM OUT!' banners.

I still say TM is our saviour, but if he's beyond criticism, then it's a bad show, mate. We just want our team to rise up like the proverbial big bastard Phoenix, and we want TM to be the man to do it.

I have every faith in him, I just say something's amiss. It's my opinion, fuck-face. :p

Otis

I think we lack a big target man like Hanson at Bradford ,so we can mix it up a bit high long balls sometimes work, well they do for teams against us.
Well I think that's what Fortune was supposed to be, but it hasn't quite worked out that way.

stevefloyd

1st half we were winning the midfield battle, winning the second ball and our defence was stroking it about nicely, after Turner got injured we just seemed to lose our way they pressed well and we never created too much, Kent and Armstrong should have squared balls into the box but they are both young and enthusiastic if they had scored we would all be eulogising how brilliant they were, I think Cole just got in the way all the time today and almost everytime he got the ball he had 2 men on him, kept hold of the ball too long and was lucky on a few occasions to scuttle a pass to one of our players.. I must say I feel more than a tad disappointed that the Cole thing hasn't worked out but its time to say goodbye to him because I cannot see him getting any better.. I think Fortune done his job when he came on, showed some strength on the ball and some battling as well... I don't think we would have conceded in the final seconds if we had still got Ben Turner on the pitch

Otis

1st half we were winning the midfield battle, winning the second ball and our defence was stroking it about nicely, after Turner got injured we just seemed to lose our way they pressed well and we never created too much, Kent and Armstrong should have squared balls into the box but they are both young and enthusiastic if they had scored we would all be eulogising how brilliant they were, I think Cole just got in the way all the time today and almost everytime he got the ball he had 2 men on him, kept hold of the ball too long and was lucky on a few occasions to scuttle a pass to one of our players.. I must say I feel more than a tad disappointed that the Cole thing hasn't worked out but its time to say goodbye to him because I cannot see him getting any better.. I think Fortune done his job when he came on, showed some strength on the ball and some battling as well... I don't think we would have conceded in the final seconds if we had still got Ben Turner on the pitch
Cole is confusing his teammates. Maybe we're just not clever enough for him, but he's doing more harm than good in some ways by getting in the way of our attacks.

Was watching him closely yesterday and he was forever pointing at Armstrong when he had the ball and was directing here, there and everywhere and I think it was confusing the young lad.

Can't see that Armstrong has needed it before and he has been more than capable of using his own intelligence in terms of making space and running down the right channels and in the right areas.

Really think they just couldn't get on the same wavelength and Cole was certainly playing the part of the puppet master for sure.

Cole has been a disappointment. Think we all expected more from him than he has shown.

Otis

Hmm, not really...I think we're entitled to outline issues where we see them, it doesn't necessarily mean we're being fickle and priming ourselves for the 'TM OUT!' banners.

I still say TM is our saviour, but if he's beyond criticism, then it's a bad show, mate. We just want our team to rise up like the proverbial big bastard Phoenix, and we want TM to be the man to do it.

I have every faith in him, I just say something's amiss. It's my opinion, fuck-face.
I just don't believe that we have THAT degree of problems or that TM is getting so much wrong.

Overreaction I feel. Just a few minor things. Had Turner stayed on then things may well have gone very differently and as I say, we were truly robbed last week for sure.

Could easily be sitting here with 5 more points and if that was the case I don't think there would be fraction of the questioning of TM we're getting now.

chinamans view

Agree, but with some of our better players being now out ie turner reda and may loose some others in Jan. I think it is time to rethink and may be to restock or TM to change our formation somewhat. Sisu need to back him NOW or we may not quite make the next level.
I just don't believe that we have THAT degree of problems or that TM is getting so much wrong.

Overreaction I feel. Just a few minor things. Had Turner stayed on then things may well have gone very differently and as I say, we were truly robbed last week for sure.

Could easily be sitting here with 5 more points and if that was the case I don't think there would be fraction of the questioning of TM we're getting now.

Otis

Agree, but with some of our better players being now out ie turner reda and may loose some others in Jan. I think it is time to rethink and may be to restock or TM to change our formation somewhat. Sisu need to back him NOW or we may not quite make the next level.
We need to replace Turner. Top priority, along with securing Armstrong for the season or getting another striker in.

mechaishida

We need to replace Turner. Top priority, along with securing Armstrong for the season or getting another striker in.

Yup, absolutely. Might have to stick Harries into the fray for the interim, though.

Since TM has no faith in Tudgay, who I feel would be perfect to play no.10 to AA (with Madders and Ruben in the starting 11), he needs to look for a decent ball-holding forward. His friendship with MAF is detrimental.

No idea who we'd get though.

covcity4life

Does make me laugh though. It was 'in TM we trust' a month ago and he could do no wrong, now all of a sudden so many criticisms are being thrown his way.

Fine margins. I just don't believe that suddenly after making the right decisions, he's suddenly making all the wrong decisions.

Well bloody said!

Sick Boy

He's not making numerous mistakes but it's ridiculous that others can't express criticism or questions his tactics.

mechaishida

He's not making numerous mistakes but it's ridiculous that others can't express criticism or questions his tactics.

Aye, this is the point I made to Otis - it's not that we don't still have faith in him, but nobody is beyond criticism. If we see issues, we need to address them, rather than gloss over them and hope for the best.

TM is still The Man, but recently a few of us have noticed some concerning problems in his decision-making and tactics.

dongonzalos

Correct me if I am wrong but has our budget dropped from a top six budget to a top ten one?
If so TM is 7 points in credit of the error front for me.
Shows what a tough league it is when you do see the likes of Bury in 10th spot only 7 points away.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Get Maddison and Lameiras back in alongside JOB on boxing day, they are great at dealing with the ball in tight spaces and playing the balls around the corner and 1,2 touch pass and move which is what we need against the defensive side

Kent and Murphy should be kept in reserve to either run at tired legs late on or matches against teams who will attack us more and and leave space for Murphy and Kent to exploit on the counter with pace.

Grendel

Correct me if I am wrong but has our budget dropped from a top six budget to a top ten one?
Shows what a tough league it is when you do see the likes of Bury in 10th spot only 7 points away.

Can't believe 9 clubs have a bigger budget.

Certainly can't see burton and Walsall having bigger.

dongonzalos

.....................RCC..................
Phillips...Rickets ..Martin..Stokes
....................Vincelot.....................
.....................Fleck........................
JOB.................................Murphy
.....................Maddison................
.....................Armstrong...............

Against Port Vale for me and a policy of we will score more than you.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Can't believe 9 clubs have a bigger budget.

Certainly can't see burton and Walsall having bigger.

Not certain thought I read something in the summer that SP had a top six budget. That got wasted so this season it will be slightly less and as long as we get an 11k average we will have a top 10 budget with the club paying its own way.
This is remember off the top of my head. Do you recall anything like that?

Grendel

Not certain thought I read something in the summer that SP had a top six budget. That got wasted so this season it will be slightly less and as long as we get an 11k average we will have a top 10 budget with the club paying its own way.
This is remember off the top of my head. Do you recall anything like that?

No and I repeat our budget is bigger than burton and Walsall.

Sick Boy

How does that make it a tough league? Don't Bury have one of the biggest budgets?

dongonzalos

No and I repeat our budget is bigger than burton and Walsall.

I heard you the first time. However as per the first time I haven't mentioned either of them.

Just if we have a Top ten budget and Mowbray has us where we are then he has a bit of credit earnt in my book.

dongonzalos

And burton don't - that's the point.

Here is a crazy idea
Why don't you make your point. See if it has anything to do with what I said.

I will make mine again just Incase you are struggling.
When you see Bury in 10th position and they are only 7 points away in 10th position. You realise it is a very tough league.
One the team in 10th are only 7 points away from us despite the amazing start we have had to the season.
Secondly they are team with a big budget underachieving.

Not sure why you keep mentioning Burton and Walsall they are doing brilliantly and yes I am sure on less than our Budget. They are over achieving and it's fantastic.

Last year our budget was between 6-8th in the division.

Grendel

Here is a crazy idea
Why don't you make your point. See if it has anything to do with what I said.

I will make mine again just Incase you are struggling.
When you see Bury in 10th position and they are only 7 points away in 10th position. You realise it is a very tough league.
One the team in 10th are only 7 points away from us despite the amazing start we have had to the season.
Secondly they are team with a big budget underachieving.

Not sure why you keep mentioning Burton and Walsall they are doing brilliantly and yes I am sure on less than our Budget. They are over achieving and it's fantastic.

Last year our budget was between 6-8th in the division.

I can't believe our wage bill is not in the top 6 clubs.

martcov

I would guess that we have a decent budget for this league, otherwise TM would not be here. I also think that we have been rumbled now. The season has been going on long enough for people to assess us especially as we were getting noticed when we were top. Teams like Sheffield and Oldham are not as talented as us, but it seems they know how to reduce our on-target chances.

Users who are viewing this thread