And The Cracks are Beggining to Show (4 Viewers)

lewys33

I think we just have a lack of physical players. Sheff U and Oldham have both exploited us now, and other teams are going to start doing the same.

Oldham shut any attack down by just having everyone behind the ball. When they realised we had no answer for that they came back at us.

Grendel

The cracks are getting deeper. Some have fooled themselves that the form book doesn't lie.

This is now a shambles. Today was dire. The issues have not been addressed and we are falling away fast.

Grendel

Otis

It is no coincidence that when Murphy doesn't play well the team usually don't play well.

When he's not on his game it can feel like we are playing with 10 men.

Also it is clear as day that teams are now out fighting and out battling us and our defence is opening up like the Red Sea.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

So what do you suggest we should do?
That's easy:Sack TM ,bring in Mourinho who in turn will bring with him Terry,Lampard & Drogba in coaching role's.
Give him a starting budget of say,50 million and we'll be in the championship before you can say. Time Capsule.:sleep:

Grendel

Mowbray is rapidly turning into Adams when it all went wrong. He is not improving performances and his cole experiment and the ridiculous decision to sign Bigiamara are as I always said proving disastrous.

Covstu

The back four have been poor all season but we have accepted it due to our excellent scoring record. Since the goals have dried up it has highlighted this more and more. We need a competant centre half but if not we need a deep lying midfielder

Brylowes

The back four have been poor all season but we have accepted it due to our excellent scoring record. Since the goals have dried up it has highlighted this more and more. We need a competant centre half but if not we need a deep lying midfielder
We have had 4 competent CBs ,unfortunately they are all in the treatment room

skybluetony176

Today he gets a 1 out of 10 - he should be given 4 games then if no improvement goodbye.

Ha ha ha. Grendull leading the Mowbray out calls. How the worm has turned. After he was appointed I said he was a league one standard manager pointing out that he's had to drop a league so he can rebuild his career after being sacked for which you berated and mocked me declaring I was an idiot who didn't have a clue (although not putting it as nicely as that) and now you're saying he isn't even that good. What a band wagon jumper you are.

The truth is that there are no cracks to deepen. He inherited a shitfest and he's still rebuilding. Our early season form will probably end up flattering us come the end of the season but our progress will be clearly measurable and keeping hold of TM is key to keeping that progress moving forward whether we get in the playoffs of not. If we don't go up this season so what, nobody really expected it or believed it possible pre season. His progress can only be measured over a complete season not ten matches at a time.

So grow up and get over yourself.

Last edited:

Brylowes

Mowbray is rapidly turning into Adams when it all went wrong. He is not improving performances and his cole experiment and the ridiculous decision to sign Bigiamara are as I always said proving disastrous.
So we pick up 2 points in next 4 games & sit 6th,would you sack him.

Grendel

Ha ha ha. Grendull leading the Mowbray out calls. How the worm has turned. After he was appointed I said he was a league one standard manager pointing out that he's had to drop a league so he can rebuild his career after being sacked for which you berated and mocked me declaring I was an idiot who didn't have a clue (although not putting it as nicely as that) and now you're saying he isn't either that good. What a band wagon jumper you are.

The truth is that there are no cracks to deepen. He inherited a shitfest and he's still rebuilding. Our early season form will probably end up flattering us come the end of the season but our progress will be clearly measurable and keeping hold of TM is key to keeping that progress moving forward whether we get in the playoffs of not. If we don't go up this season so what, nobody really expected it or believed it possible pre season. His progress can only be measured over a complete season not ten matches at a time.

So grow up and get over yourself.

Football ultimately is a unique industry. The loyalty factor both ways is zero.

Mowbray actually has now accumulated an almost identical points ratio as Pressley did at the same time at Sixfields. It's slightly more but factor in the poor crowds and points deduction factor and it's telling.

If we had won every game he'd probably get an offer and leave - as I say loyalty factors are not relevant here.

The club has to make a very simple decision. In it's judgement can we make a promotion push better with him or without him. It's that simple.

He's been given reasonable backing.

His performance as a manager over the last 11 games have been poor.

Make no mistake. This is the only chance we have of promotion.

He is blowing it. I'm amazed at his decision to sign Cole (the signing of the season according to you), Bigiamara - who is a Kevin Thornton in the making - and Hunt. Bad choices.

So he gets his act together or he goes.

mechaishida

The drop in form, negative tactics, no fight or desire to win matches, the lack of transparency from the club on most fronts, TM's recent lack of 'enthusiasm' on the touchline and in interviews and our best players under-performing drastically.

All reasons to worry. Given today's wet fart of a display, one has to wonder what's truly going on.

Gazolba

90% of people on here said signing Bigi would be a good move so if you criticize TM for doing it you are also criticizing yourselves. Newcastle thought he was good enough so he must have some talent. Maybe loan him out for a while?

Grendel

90% of people on here said signing Bigi would be a good move so if you criticize TM for doing it you are also criticizing yourselves. Newcastle thought he was good enough so he must have some talent. Maybe loan him out for a while?

That's nonsense. He's rubbish and Newcastle just made a bad signing. We then made the truly absurd decision to bring him back. It's been suggested we have to keep him and play him to keep Armstrong.

How can we loan a player whose on loan.

Brylowes

That's nonsense. He's rubbish and Newcastle just made a bad signing. We then made the truly absurd decision to bring him back. It's been suggested we have to keep him and play him to keep Armstrong.

How can we loan a player whose on loan.
It has been suggested,but I'm sure it was by you.:thinking about:

hill83

Don't agree with you Grendel.

But you are on to an eventual winner with this as most managers eventually do turn to shit and get sacked.

You legend.

Covstu

Bigi was a strange signing, we were not really struggling too much in that area. The biggest loss for us was turner, would have loved to keep him longer and boy do we need it at the back

Samo

My how quickly they turn. :(

Grendel

Don't agree with you Grendel.

But you are on to an eventual winner with this as most managers eventually do turn to shit and get sacked.

You legend.

I am not saying we should yet. However his performance as manager is currently open to question.

Evo1883

we have stayed in the top 6 for all but 3 days this season , I'm not about to start questioning the ability of our manager

Hobo

People are unbelievable. It is continual knee jerk reactions to personnel that perpetuates poor performance at football clubs.

Macca

Basically we had a purple patch up to November of a kind we haven't seen for a while. Then the Gill game fell nicely with a performance of which you only see once in a while saw us go top. Felt like a series of circumstances created a monster with fans claiming certain promotion before half the season was gone, claiming other teams didn't deserve to be on the same pitch as us. Now reality has kicked in, injuries, drop in form and poor results. People are naturally disappointed but sadly were worked up into a frenzy way to early. I remember TM being quite subdued after the Gills game. I think he knew he would struggle to meet the expectations of the fans who suddenly thought we were Barcelona.
Anyway Until we drop out of top 6 I'll be crossing my fingers but doesn't feel good

Brylowes

Well I personally am very much still with him:the state this club was/is in,we are very lucky to have him.
I trust him to steer us through this sticky patch.

Otis

Bigi was a strange signing, we were not really struggling too much in that area. The biggest loss for us was turner, would have loved to keep him longer and boy do we need it at the back
Worst singing for me has been Ramage, but I kind of get the feeling he was all that was available.

Real last ditch move.

mechaishida

People are unbelievable. It is continual knee jerk reactions to personnel that perpetuates poor performance at football clubs.

People calling for TM's head are being knee-jerk.

People wanting answers for the capitulation in recent months are entitled to those answers. We go from top of the table, to 6th amidst a torrid, bemusing run of form. Blaming a lack of CB's is getting thin now, as we are not looking like scoring anymore.

Sick Boy

Basically we had a purple patch up to November of a kind we haven't seen for a while. Then the Gill game fell nicely with a performance of which you only see once in a while saw us go top. Felt like a series of circumstances created a monster with fans claiming certain promotion before half the season was gone, claiming other teams didn't deserve to be on the same pitch as us. Now reality has kicked in, injuries, drop in form and poor results. People are naturally disappointed but sadly were worked up into a frenzy way to early. I remember TM being quite subdued after the Gills game. I think he knew he would struggle to meet the expectations of the fans who suddenly thought we were Barcelona.
Anyway Until we drop out of top 6 I'll be crossing my fingers but doesn't feel good

Bang on that!

Otis

I have constantly been saying 'we're top 6' and 'We're only so many points behind the automatic places' etc. But today, right here and now I think we need to really look at the trend in our form and also at our performances.

You look at today and you have to say we don't have a cat in hell's chance of even making the play-offs.

Bottom line is, for it to be the case for us to be contenders something has to change. We have to bring players in on Monday. We simply have too.

I honestly think it is probably right to do a deal for Maddison, only on the proviso though that money is made available for players to come in.

There is too much wrong and off the top of my head, these things all need addressing:

1. Our defence looks all at sea. That's now 7 goals conceded in 3 games.

2. When Murphy is picked and is off his game we really suffer. He's been poor now for 3 games in a row.

3. Stokes. If Stokes has to play left back, we have to support him when he is coming forwards on the left flank. It is happening time and time again, we give him the ball and then just leave him out there completely on his todd with no support whatsoever.

Think Stokes should move back to centre back anyway to be honest and we go for a left back to bring in to the club.

4. We still lack a plan b. When teams better us, we don't seem to be able to change things to bring any influence on the game. We only seem to have the one way of playing.

5. Ramage and Bigi. These players shouldn't be at the club unfortunately. I sincerely hope we bring in a centre back and Ramage is condemned to the bench and if Bigi is to play, I think it needs to be much further up the field.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread