Away Kit Launch (1 Viewer)

trondegilsoltvedt97

Some people enjoy the teasers, other don't. I'm not bothered either way.
Last year they over did it, but I think 1 teaser this year is enough for those that want it, and not too much for those don't.

I look forward to seeing the kit tomorrow, and then it really feels like the season is nearly here

Gazolba

Whatever it is, it will probably be made by underage kids in Chinese sweat-shops, earning pennies a day, and costing a tiny fraction of its final exorbitant selling price.

skybluesam66

Whatever it is, it will probably be made by underage kids in Chinese sweat-shops, earning pennies a day, and costing a tiny fraction of its final exorbitant selling price.
so you mean just like any pair of jeans you buy or off the peg suit

hill83

Yeah it's nice.
And nice one for the company sponsoring us of course, but my word it looks shit. So shit.

If they sell one without the sponsor I'll buy it. But not a chance with the sponsor on it.

ajsccfc

It's an odd logo in the first place, you have to almost strain to see anything bar the giant &

Hobo

Glad we have got that out of the way, I couldn't sleep the last couple of nights due to the suspense.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My opinion on whether I like the kits or not is tarnished by the fact Nike have just given us one of their generic training/Sunday league outfits.

The club shirt should be iconic and individualistic to us. I'm honestly not motivated to buy it when you can buy it off another website for £15 instead of £45. Even though it wouldn't have the sponsor, it probably looks better without it anyway.

Without trying to sound dramatic, I honestly don't think the approach to the kits this season is in any way acceptable from Nike and the club.

ajsccfc

Outside the retro kit we were relegated in I can't recall a bespoke design we've had since going with a named manufacturer.

italiahorse

edgy

We really need to stop whinging like spoilt brats every time the club releases a new kit.
For years we moaned that we didn't have a big name make. Now we have one, we moan it's not from their premium range.

I have the brochure that this years kits are from. They cost £24 each with no detail. Add badges and sponsors and your looking at about £30 each. So the club charges £45 to make £15 profit on each shirt sold. Not much really, is it?

If you want premium Nike kits, you are looking at a starting price of about £30-£32. We'd make little or no profit unless the club charges £55+ per top (like Chelsea/Utd/City)

Then we'd moan again. We're a L1 club with no money to waste.

asiaskyblues

Haha, every season this thread about kits makes me laugh. What are you guys? Fashion gurus?

I just hate to see over-aged over-weight fans wearing their team's football tops anyway. What message are they trying to give out? Any the worst is when you go on holiday and some fat guy with his screaming kids are on the beach and he is wearing our club's top and he has a pack of beer with him. FFS tops are for kids. Why don't people wear the polo shirt with the club's crest on them, or ever a sweatshirt.

And now with this year's offering our portly fan will look either like a large bag of tesco's shopping or a BBQ. The away top reminds me of firelighters for some reason.

ajsccfc

What colour are the shorts and socks?

0019480_away-short-16-17-adult_550.jpeg

0019489_away-sock-16-17-junior_550.jpeg

Joy Division

Haha, every season this thread about kits makes me laugh. What are you guys? Fashion gurus?

I just hate to see over-aged over-weight fans wearing their team's football tops anyway. What message are they trying to give out? Any the worst is when you go on holiday and some fat guy with his screaming kids are on the beach and he is wearing our club's top and he has a pack of beer with him. FFS tops are for kids. Why don't people wear the polo shirt with the club's crest on them, or ever a sweatshirt.

And now with this year's offering our portly fan will look either like a large bag of tesco's shopping or a BBQ. The away top reminds me of firelighters for some reason.

Alright Trinny!

ajsccfc

It's pretty rare, even in the Euros most of the teams wearing Nike have the same basic design just with their own colours.

ajsccfc

I'm surprised we got the unique retro one in 2011, plus City Link were ok with their logo changing from green/yellow to white to make it look better even though it was less striking. Until I get my hands on the old Hummel one that'll always be my all-time favourite.

Liquid Gold

City link allowed us to change their logo only because we made the away kit in their colours. That hummel one was a template design too.

ajsccfc

I remember the Danish kit it was based on, also a classic. The Villa version stunk a bit though.

Joy Division

I think most people accept not every kit is unique and they are indeed a template design. It's the fact that we are going for the sunday league/park football range of kits. This seems to only have happened to us since going with Nike.

Ashdown

Agree with most, it's actually quite a nice, striking kit ! The sponsor logo ruins it a bit though.

Marty

The top isn't black and red as it looks in the pictures, it's a dark burgundy and red. Not sure I like it but I'll probably buy it anyway.

Skybluefaz

You are making beer sound like a bad thing. You can have the rest, but leave the beer out of it. It's the only thing that drowns out my screaming kids when I'm on the beach in my city top.

Johnnythespider

I think I preferred it in the teaser pic

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ClarkeZ

I quite like both kits. Its a shame that teams dont get enough design rights to their kits, always defined in the end by the manufacturer. This is one of the nice ones we have had though.
As for cost? £45 is just too much. When you can buy the unbranded ones at a retail price of £15, meaning the club will get them at even less than that, its extortionate. Havent bought a kit in a while now, and wont be doing so again for some time. I will almost certainly, however, be getting the un-branded one for £15 to use when im playing though!

skyblue1991

I must say I think Nike have been extremely lazy in their design this year.

Talk about generic! Give me a poor man's sports range with a nice unique design any day of the week

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

armybike

As for cost? £45 is just too much. When you can buy the unbranded ones at a retail price of £15, meaning the club will get them at even less than that, its extortionate. Havent bought a kit in a while now, and wont be doing so again for some time. I will almost certainly, however, be getting the un-branded one for £15 to use when im playing though!

But the mark up all goes well into the club's coffers and can be used towards strengthening/improving the team.

Users who are viewing this thread