Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

He made a mistake against Sunderland that in trying to redeem he ended up making even worse errors. Today was Wilson's worst game in his staggering 45 for the club.

He did quite a few 'Moores' that weren't punished.

Well you’ve got one goal against Sunderland, one against Millwall and two against Hull that Moore dealt with horrifically.

We have two poor GK’s which already lands immense pressure on us.

no_loyalty

If Wilson gets the nod on Tuesday, he is going to be first choice for the rest of the season.

Colin Steins Smile

Wilson's distribution is terrible. He doesn't come for any crosses and his positioning at time is suspect.
It's time for Moore to be given another chance....hopefully he's had time to reset.

no_loyalty

If the Wolves keeper who was at Blues last season is available in January, get him in on loan.

ccfc922

Moore has had enough time stewing on the bench to reflect on his errors. Now is the time to see if he has learnt from them. Either way we will know where we are with our strength in depth in this position come the WC break.

I'd agree with this. Plenty were kissing Moore's arse last season, so time for him to have another go?

SkyBlue_Bear83

We have a massive goalkeeping problem, Robins obviously doesn't rate Wilson as he keeps bringing in other goalies to be number 1. And he doesn't seem to have confidence in Moore as he keeps playing Wilson ahead of him

ccfc922

I'd agree with this. Plenty were kissing Moore's arse last season, so time for him to have another go?

However, I think first goal, was a calamity by all and he wasn't to blame necessarily. The 2nd, maybe he should have covered the back post more? Then guaranteed they'd of scored at near post n we'd be having the same conversation.

Basically going forward we weren't clinical enough, then we let them play in our half rather that be our solid self's before today and vs Rotherham.

nmp2327

Wilson's distribution from kicking is absolutely woeful, more often than not going out of play, last goalie like this was Burge. Not great especially as soon as our defence starts wobbling. Think Moore is the better of the two, but neither really are good enough at the moment

steveo1987

However, I think first goal, was a calamity by all and he wasn't to blame necessarily. The 2nd, maybe he should have covered the back post more? Then guaranteed they'd of scored at near post n we'd be having the same conversation.

Basically going forward we weren't clinical enough, then we let them play in our half rather that be our solid self's before today and vs Rotherham.
He was hopelessly out of position v Rotherham for the 1st goal, never committed much the same as today for the winner.

Great_Expectations

No matter your view on Wilson, the bigger deciding factor is Moore.

He’s shown he’s absolutely capable of being a good Championship keeper, and it’s still not clear what went wrong.

However, if his confidence is shot putting him back into the team will be a bad idea for him and us.

How we/he re-builds his confidence without playing I have no idea. Chicken and egg situ (and I hate that phase).

Issue is; the above still stands.

Wilson can be as horrific as he likes, but if Moore has less than zero confidence there’s no guarantee he’ll be any better, and in fact could make the players even more nervous.

There is no easy answer.

Personally, I would put Moore back in and hope he makes a good (or even standard!) early save to settle the nerves and pray his confidence grows. If he’s the keeper we had before he was injured/ill last year, he’s a solid championship player.

We know Moores level is higher than Wilson’s.

Calista

I hate this.

He’s not tired, not played too many games or overworked.

He doesn’t need a rest, he needs dripping because he’s not good enough.
Ah, the old beef dripping diet. Worked well in the 1930's, so why not give it another go?

Blind-Faith

His kicking today was embarrassing. Get Moore back in, if we’re going to have two keepers who both cost us goals , atleast use the one who can kick it to someone in a skyblue shirt

Brighton Sky Blue

Moore has had enough time stewing on the bench to reflect on his errors. Now is the time to see if he has learnt from them. Either way we will know where we are with our strength in depth in this position come the WC break.

A confident Moore is the best keeper we have and his distribution is far better even when he was busy throwing matches

Sick Boy

There have been multiple times where Robins has been visibly furious at Wilson’s distribution - surely he’ll bring back Moore for the next game?

shmmeee

What I don’t get it
Moore when confident is solid for the division. Wilson you'd think would have been brimming in confidence after the clean sheets but the moment we stop crowding around our own box he lets the side down.

Today was the kind of performance that in usual circles would raise match fixing concerns. The sort of thing you do on FIFA when your mate's left the room.

I think Moore is a lower half keeper at this level, but Wilson is a lower half L2 keeper sooo…

Liquid Gold

Let’s not forget Moore was terrible last pre-season before being great in the first half of the season then tailing off after Christmas.

Maybe he’s just a form player and he was taken out of the firing line to regain confidence and now he is going in fresh with the crowd behind him because they’re sick of his understudy.

Users who are viewing this thread