Best goal you remember..... (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

deano, put up the telegraph report re; george hudson vs preston (on ice)

pusbccfc

That Mifsud goal where he took on about 3 players from the halfway line.

supergonk

Keane's goal v Arsenal at Highfield Road

Ball came in high, he glanced over his shoulder to see where the keeper (Seaman I think) was and with his back to goal. kicked the ball over his shoulder and into the net.
Better than Rooneys scissor kick, because Keane knew exactly where he wanted the ball to go, rather than just hit and hope.
Sheer brilliance.

ajsccfc

I always thought it was a mazy run and finish by Noel Whelan against Norwich, but after nicksig's post I've probably just remembered the opposition wrong and it was the same one against Southampton. Unless anyone remembers him also scoring a belter against Norwich?

torchomatic

Gynny's equaliser against Leeds in the QF. The relief was unbelievable. Houch's header at Wembley.

Sterling Archer

Peter Ndlovu scored a ridiculous amount of goals early 90's from just taking on about 4 or 5 players. Wonderful player to watch, how we miss someone like him to excite the fans.

Bit more recent but David Thompson scored a few belters in our first season post relegation.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Couple of Nuddy's stand out (mainly for the celebrations...) -

1 - In the League at home to Villa, 1991 - Only goal of the game took on Teale/McGrath and lashed it in from the edge of the area, went mental in the bottom of the kop.
2 - In FA Cup replay away at WBA, 1995 - Moments after Dublin's brilliant late header to equalise, Nuddy's mazy run from halfway line on the left wing to score the winner (and win MOTD goal of the month). We were stood in the wedge of terrace in the corner of the Hawthorns. Did a month's exercise celebrating the two goals.

Nonleagueherewecome

Noel whelan against Southampton. Picked up the ball in his own half, beat about 6 players and put it away. It was ginola-esque

That probably just about gets my vote too. One of Speedo's lobbed goals would be up there. And in recent times, the one, the only, David Bell for his Donnie screamer. Not just beat the keeper, but perfectly lofted to beat the man running back on the line, too :D

Nonleagueherewecome

Dobbo keeps asking me if I have it..
NO NO NO NO
he says it was from 60 yeards out
is this true:thinking about:

It was on Midlands Today, if that helps. Odd as I'm sure it was just a pre-season friendly. It was an absolute screamer from about 40 yards. But doesn't get my vote as I wasn't there.

torchomatic

I was there and from recollection it was from near where the managers stand by their technical areas. Amazing.

It was on Midlands Today, if that helps. Odd as I'm sure it was just a pre-season friendly. It was an absolute screamer from about 40 yards. But doesn't get my vote as I wasn't there.

Godiva

Mifsud v Sheffield wednesday

That kicked my memory ... what about Oggy's long punt at Hillsborough? That took hoofball to a new level.

Hod dog

1. Steve Froggat v Everton
2. Huckerby v Man utd
3. Whelan v southampton
4. Dennis Wise v Hull
5. Andy Whing v Derby (not that good, was deflected but last goal to ever see at my favourite place HR!!)

RoboCCFC90

My top 3 would have to be..

1. Froggat vs Everton
2. Huckerby's winner vs Man Utd
3. David Bell vs Doncaster

There are some pretty good ones that I did think of:

McGoldrick's goal against Stevenage at Home, Mifsud's second at Old Trafford, Paul Williams against Spurs just because of the euphoria and so many more that spring to mind...

WillieStanley

Williams against Newcastle? Paul Williams that is... honest. Volley from just outside the box from the Burton Boy Wonder. I think it was from a corner.

"You'll never beat Willow"

DISCLAIMER: That's just the best goal I can remember that hasn't been mentioned yet. Although the fact that it was Willow tripples its impressiveness.

Nonleagueherewecome

Williams against Newcastle? Paul Williams that is... honest. Volley from just outside the box from the Burton Boy Wonder. I think it was from a corner.

I reckon it was a clearance.

WillieStanley

Haha I was just trawling through Google for an image of Willow and had forgotten (possibly even blanked out memory of) this horrific stint

5563932_450_450_0_0_fit_6_965c7e4106f9b1d1ecae15065aee3b40.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

kg82

DISCLAIMER: That's just the best goal I can remember that hasn't been mentioned yet. Although the fact that it was Willow tripples its impressiveness.

Didn't he score a belter against Chelsea as well? We beat them 3-1 I think and it was the game where they had to wear our away kit!

Anyone remember Sheff vs Palace at Selhurst Park, probably about 2001-2002? Long ball from our keeper, straight down the middle. Sheff with instant control with his left foot then, before the ball hits the ground, volleys it home with his right just out side the penalty area!

My favourite will always be Macca's vs Derby though. If I remember right, Craig Hignett scored a volley from outside the penalty area that night too?

deanocity3

Didn't he score a belter against Chelsea as well? We beat them 3-1 I think and it was the game where they had to wear our away kit!

Anyone remember Sheff vs Palace at Selhurst Park, probably about 2001-2002? Long ball from our keeper, straight down the middle. Sheff with instant control with his left foot then, before the ball hits the ground, volleys it home with his right just out side the penalty area!

My favourite will always be Macca's vs Derby though. If I remember right, Craig Hignett scored a volley from outside the penalty area that night too?
willio's goal v chelsea was a far post header,

Tom's Dad

Can't remember the years but will offer up

Noel Wheelan v Crystal Palace (a) Volley from right side of the box near to the bye line
David Phillips v Southampton (a) Left footed volley from outside box into top left corner
Lee Dixon OG (a) v Arsenal. Comedy own goal within seconds of kick off from the Halfway line

deanocity3

Noel Wheelan v Crystal Palace (a) Volley from right side of the box near to the bye line
David Phillips v Southampton (a) Left footed volley from outside box into top left corner
Lee Dixon OG (a) v Arsenal. Comedy own goal within seconds of kick off from the Halfway line

Whelan's was v Wimbledon but was at Selhurst park
would you like to see it?
Philips was a cracker too 2-2 draw I think with houchen getting the other.

kg82

Best own goal ever! At a time when the keepers could still pick up a back pass - never quite got what the hell Dixon was thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread