Best goal you remember..... (4 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

I remember a goal scored by Nuddy, i think against W.B.A at the hawthorns in the cup, it was a diving header but why i remember it is he dived full length to head it even though the cross was about six inches off the ground. Or maybe i just imagined it :thinking about:

mechaishida

I remember a goal scored by Nuddy, i think against W.B.A at the hawthorns in the cup, it was a diving header but why i remember it is he dived full length to head it even though the cross was about six inches off the ground. Or maybe i just imagined it :thinking about:

The goal against WBA in the cup was 94-95 I think, we were losing till Dublin equalised late on with a brilliant looping header, then a minute or so later, Nuddy picks it up on the left of midfield, runs to their area unchecked, weaves his way round the defender and wallops it left-footed into the far corner a-la Roberto Carlos. Stunning goal, it was.

CJ_covblaze

Against the Villa. Brilliant pass, outside of the left foot from Chippo, inch perfect cross in to the near post from Keane, bullet header from Roussel.

Incidentally the best individual performance I've seen from a City player was Chippo's in that game. Was pure class that day.

covcity4life

oh chippo and haji. thats what hurt most about last decade of shite, not having good midfielders

no coincidence that we get a strong 2 in middle and were doing well again. lets hope this is the start of a bright new era

procdoc

The one I was at Highfield Road for but missed because I needed a piss was Paul Williams screamer against Newcastle

eastwoodsdustman

Moussa's one against mk dons where he ran half the length of the pitch and drilled it into the top corner. I reckon the ball would still be travelling had it not gone into the net.

mechaishida

The one I was at Highfield Road for but missed because I needed a piss was Paul Williams screamer against Newcastle

I was laid up in bed, nasty chest infection, listened to the match on CWR while my bastard mate had my season ticket for the day...Clive Eakin almost imploded when Willo smashed that goal in.

Malaka

Steve Hunt v West Brom
Ernie Hunt v Everton
Huckerby v Man Utd
Gallagher v Forest
Any of those, I couldn't pick one as they were all different

CJ_covblaze

The one I missed but wished I hadn't was Moussa's at Deepdale. Had literally just turned my back on the steps. Turned round to celebrate. Only time I've left a game early. Had to get to the NIC for a 7pm face off.

M&B Stand

Gallacher chip v Forest league cup 5-4
Ndlovu v Villa early nineties
Mcsheffrey v palace away the first year after relegation....controlled a goal kick and then volleyed it in before it touched the ground.

Joy Division

I was laid up in bed, nasty chest infection, listened to the match on CWR while my bastard mate had my season ticket for the day...Clive Eakin almost imploded when Willo smashed that goal in.

Pedant alert from me here but pretty sure it would have been Rob Gurney commentating on that game. He was commentating on us for years until we got relegated which then Strachan barred him from the club, effectively leaving him no choice but to move from CWR.

kg82

Gallacher chip v Forest league cup 5-4
Ndlovu v Villa early nineties
Mcsheffrey v palace away the first year after relegation....controlled a goal kick and then volleyed it in before it touched the ground.

I've tried looking for that McSheffrey goal for ages. Never been able to. It was just to see if it was as good as I remember

Hobo

The one off Mabbuts need no contest

Chipfat

Regis QF goal at Sheff Wed, that goal had everything, passing, movement, strength the finish, my favourite and was the perfect goal for me..

Regis V Spurs 87 last minute header off the bar, great game.

Keane's against Arsenal

mechaishida

Pedant alert from me here but pretty sure it would have been Rob Gurney commentating on that game. He was commentating on us for years until we got relegated which then Strachan barred him from the club, effectively leaving him no choice but to move from CWR.

Fuck knows what game I'm thinking of then...:thinking about:...had no idea Strachan barred him from the club, though.

Colin Steins Smile

Best goal you remember

* Willie Carr donkey flick to Ernie Hunt
* Jimmy Holmes v Birmingham away shot from 30 years, hitting both posts and trickling over the line
* Hucks v Man united
* Ernie Hunt chipping Tony Waiters [Burnley] from inside the centre circle.
* Larry Lloyd blast past Keeley of Norwich
* Steve Froggett v Everton

Johhny Blue

Didn't your namesake score a goal against arsenal at Highbury when he dribbled past the whole team shortly after signing?

My brother who is a lot older than me went on about it for years.

This has to be right up there. He was wearing three Arsenal defenders like scarves when he scored. It was like watching rugby but they couldn't stop Tommy

Moff

Regis QF goal at Sheff Wed, that goal had everything, passing, movement, strength the finish, my favourite and was the perfect goal for me..

What a fantastic goal, the break away was perfect, as was the finish.

Enjoyed Froggatts goal against Everton, and seem to remember a few fantastic chips by Speedie, one against Norwich away and one against Wimbledon at home.

Seem to remember Chippo scoring a cracker against Leeds, and not forgetting Huckerby against Man Utd. I also seem to remember a goal by Whelan not long after he joined where he beat loads of defenders on a mazy run before slotting it home..it was either against Southampton or Everton.

Macca

What a fantastic goal, the break away was perfect, as was the finish.

Enjoyed Froggatts goal against Everton, and seem to remember a few fantastic chips by Speedie, one against Norwich away and one against Wimbledon at home.

Seem to remember Chippo scoring a cracker against Leeds, and not forgetting Huckerby against Man Utd. I also seem to remember a goal by Whelan not long after he joined where he beat loads of defenders on a mazy run before slotting it home..it was either against Southampton or Everton.

Those 2 chips were sublime

Users who are viewing this thread