Match Thread Bury v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Feb (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

15 points from safety Tim Fisher,Mark Venus,Russell Slade take a look at yourselfs and just walk away.
With only 12 games left.
Slade averaging 1/2 pt per game.

samccov1987

I'd leave him in place until it's mathematically confirmed we're down. No point a new manager having our relegation on his cv; the way it's going any new manager will still have over a month of the season to assess the current squad.

Only question for me is if we're down by the cup final should Slade be allowed to lead us out?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Overall, Woeful.

Whilst the second half looked better when we actually played players in roles they know (bar Vernam) it's clear we are beyond help.

Slade isn't the man to take us forward. Move on now and bring someone in who will be ready for the fight in league two, which at this rate will be a fight for survival and not much more.

Very disillusioned right now, but I'll keep going. Some might say that is part of the problem, but it's like an addiction!

ecky

I'd leave him in place until it's mathematically confirmed we're down. No point a new manager having our relegation on his cv; the way it's going any new manager will still have over a month of the season to assess the current squad.

Only question for me is if we're down by the cup final should Slade be allowed to lead us out?
No he shouldn't lead us out
He's a disgrace to the badge

Leicester did the unimaginable and won last night

lifelongcityfan

i would get george curtis and jon sillet to lead us out, ( assuming they are both fit and able) and ban fisher and slade from setting foot in wembley

Terry Gibson's perm

I haven't bothered listening have they asked any decent questions after the matchL

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slade:

Ahem, I've just said over there in the first period our purpose wasn't great

Again we make errors at the back and they've buried the opportunities

Second period it all changed

More intensity

Not about shapes or systems

We did change it, injected life and managed to get back into it and unfortunate not to get more

More urgency. Intent to get forward. Cause them problems

Smart goal for us but couldn't build on it

We've done that (wing back) 3/4 times and haven't won

Changed to it tonight and it was effective

Have to be effective for 95 mins

From day 1 not dominated and taken chances

Mental attitude; there had to be a reaction being 2-0 down in an important game

Had to take game to them and we did (2nd half)

Don't think momentum dropped after our goal

Reilly had a great chance forcing the keeper into a save

We're on top

Little bit of panic on their bench

Too much of a mountain to climb

Tried different shapes and systems and matched fleetwood, Bolton, matched others away from home

Looked better as we imposed ourselves better

Can't see it like it's (a foregone conclusion)

Got to protect it, work hard

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....Fisher to offer Slade new 4 year deal

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If tonight couldn't get any worse, after squatting at the gym yesterday I can barely move off the loo.

Now I'm marooned here being forced to listen to Graham Torrington playing Roy Orbison - 'You Got It'.

Great_Expectations

Slade:

Ahem, I've just said over there in the first period our purpose wasn't great

Again we make errors at the back and they've buried the opportunities

Second period it all changed

More intensity

Not about shapes or systems

We did change it, injected life and managed to get back into it and unfortunate not to get more

More urgency. Intent to get forward. Cause them problems

Smart goal for us but couldn't build on it

We've done that (wing back) 3/4 times and haven't won

Changed to it tonight and it was effective

Have to be effective for 95 mins

From day 1 not dominated and taken chances

Mental attitude; there had to be a reaction being 2-0 down in an important game

Had to take game to them and we did (2nd half)

Don't think momentum dropped after our goal

Reilly had a great chance forcing the keeper into a save

We're on top

Little bit of panic on their bench

Too much of a mountain to climb

Tried different shapes and systems and matched fleetwood, Bolton, matched others away from home

Looked better as we imposed ourselves better

Can't see it like it's (a foregone conclusion)

Got to protect it, work hard

Even his interview is clueless - 'not about shapes and systems'.

WHAT?! You are a professional football manager; part of your job is literally to pick the right shape and system.

I'm sure he a nice bloke, and a feel sorry for him, but he's in the wrong job and needs to go now.

Great_Expectations

If tonight couldn't get any worse, after squatting at the gym yesterday I can barely move off the loo.

Now I'm marooned here being forced to listen to Graham Torrington playing Roy Orbison - 'You Got It'.

That's why going to the gym is for fools.

As soon as I got past that annoying initial few months of having to impress the girlfriend when topless, I got comfortable and reverted my weekends back to drinking ale and eating chocolate!

Otis

That's why going to the gym is for fools.

As soon as I got past that annoying initial few months of having to impress the girlfriend when topless, I got comfortable and reverted my weekends back to drinking ale and eating chocolate!
I must confess I have never ever been to a gym.

Was tempted one time to go in one in town on one occasion, but that was only because I needed change for the car park.

higgs

Good win by mogga tonight he has as many points in 2 games with blackburn as slade has got with us all season

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Good win by mogga tonight he has as many points in 2 games with blackburn as slade has got with us all season

Well he hasn't but hey ho.

higgs

How many points have we got under slade now is it 6 out of 45???

Grendel

The game sums the whole season up really. You can see why we are always a soft touch away from home.

The first half was just a surrender. We offered no goal threat at all. I think someone posted about thanking Mowbray for signing Kwame Thomas. God knows why. He was a gangly useless leader of the line.

The games at this level are physical. We just lacked that totally.

People can bitch about managers all they like. The truth is none of them addressed the key issue of goals and pace with purpose. With Mowbray and Venus people can delude themselves all they like but weak midfield and possession without threat lost games. Tonight we were again just physically outfought and lost.

None of the players emerged with any credit at all.

Users who are viewing this thread