Match Thread Cambridge v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 4th Dec (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

CT tomorrow

"Berry was the pick of the bunch"

oh, and

5 reasons why Berry's are better than Apples

Covstu

Look how many games Turnbull has played. They are all to blame. Can't just blame MV and the "poor kids". Players like Willis need to step up to the plate.
Same as this, anyone who wears that shirt and is a first team squad player should be good enough to play. Some of these guys are not simple as that

ccfcway

Same as this, anyone who wears that shirt and is a first team squad player should be good enough to play. Some of these guys are not simple as that

so if you played you should be good enough ?

Just because they are in the squad, doesn't mean they are good enough. If that was the case, the transfer window wouldn't exist. We dont have enough experienced, league one players and are throwing kids in. It's not fair on Harries, Maycock etc

Covstu

so if you played you should be good enough ?

Just because they are in the squad, doesn't mean they are good enough. If that was the case, the transfer window wouldn't exist. We dont have enough experienced, league one players and are throwing kids in. It's not fair on Harries, Maycock etc
But I am not in the first team am I? If they can get pulled apart by Cambridge I start questioning credentials. They shouldn't be in the squad if they perform like that

Ibby

LUKE BERRY proved to be the star of the FA Cup second round as he scored all four goals for Cambridge. It was embarrassing display and allowing him to score four.

oucho

Although today looked and sounded awful, perhaps we need to keep some perspective. If we'd have won, there would have been derisive comments on here with people sneering "It's only the cup" etc....let's try and take that attitude and dismiss this (and Oxford) as a double-barrelled boat race horror show, and use Crawley as an opportunity to re-build some much needed confidence.

I agree with everyone else who says we need to appoint a manager before the week is out, but although it's been a hell of a few weeks and it's looking uncertain on man fronts, we're far from out of it in the league - nothing that a motivation/confidence-instilling new boss and a couple of useful signings in Jan can't salvage. Yes we also need to have new owners who have a long term vision for the team, but first things firs; this crisis doesn't mean we need to panic as the old Green Flag adverts reminded us. The owner ought to look at what's going on, see it's not working, and change it.this is an opportunity to put things right. As ever I'm optimistic there's a way forward.

cloughie

Although today looked and sounded awful, perhaps we need to keep some perspective. If we'd have won, there would have been derisive comments on here with people sneering "It's only the cup" etc....let's try and take that attitude and dismiss this (and Oxford) as a double-barrelled boat race horror show, and use Crawley as an opportunity to re-build some much needed confidence.

I agree with everyone else who says we need to appoint a manager before the week is out, but although it's been a hell of a few weeks and it's looking uncertain on man fronts, we're far from out of it in the league - nothing that a motivation/confidence-instilling new boss and a couple of useful signings in Jan can't salvage. Yes we also need to have new owners who have a long term vision for the team, but first things firs; this crisis doesn't mean we need to panic as the old Green Flag adverts reminded us. The owner ought to look at what's going on, see it's not working, and change it.this is an opportunity to put things right. As ever I'm optimistic there's a way forward.
Like your positivity but it is sadly misguided , 1 minutes silence before the game followed by 90minutes of silence by our team
This has finally lost now even the the most hopeful fans except yourself
But as you said if we'd have won ....... Sorry but so Fisher..esk not accusing you of being him btw

st john

This has finally lost now even the the most hopeful fans except yourself
But as you said if we'd have won ....... Sorry but so Fisher..esk not accusing you of being him btw
Oucho is right, bad as things are ATM things can be turned around, what happens next will give a good clue to SISU's short term intentions.

ccfcway

But I am not in the first team am I? If they can get pulled apart by Cambridge I start questioning credentials. They shouldn't be in the squad if they perform like that

lets remove them from the squad then, but we will need to promote the other kids. Oh, they aren't ready yet either. Now what ?

We don't have one fit player with any sort of experience that's currently not in the match day squad.

D

Deleted member 2477

It always amazes me that when the team are doing well which aint that often we seem to have very few players out with injuries and yet this season in particular players are out injured all the time and for long periods.

Im sure its a case of cant be arsed to play

Covstu

lets remove them from the squad then, but we will need to promote the other kids. Oh, they aren't ready yet either. Now what ?

We don't have one fit player with any sort of experience that's currently not in the match day squad.
its not just the kids is it? Too many players are going missing for prolonged periods

wingy

FFS Dover gave em two scares along the way.
Heart and desire!!
Gone missing again, do they really feel any heat, get paid whatever!!
When he stepped in he must have believed that was his /the best line up.
Why go tinkering all over again?

Nick

Administrator
Will be interesting to see which players are having a nandos at 2pm or if Turnbull is having his 3PM nap he has mentioned.

Should be in Ryton doing training, then having their performances analysed on DVD.

higgs

Time to get a tough manager in and if the players don't change their attitude them move them on in January or cancel the contracts they need to make an example of a few players to stop the rot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Covstu

Time to get a tough manager in and if the players don't change their attitude them move them on in January or cancel the contracts they need to make an example of a few players to stop the rot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Why would they, they have a manager who can sell houses on our training ground!

oucho

Remember the game at the Ricoh in 2010 under Boothroyd, yeah we lost 3-2 but there were 28k in the ground, our biggest attendance in years and still I think our biggest attendance for a league game at the Ricoh...

Terry Gibson's perm

Will be interesting to see which players are having a nandos at 2pm or if Turnbull is having his 3PM nap he has mentioned.

Should be in Ryton doing training, then having their performances analysed on DVD.

I saw Bigi shopping in ASDA today with his good lady around 2pm

Users who are viewing this thread