Match Thread Coventry v Millwall Match Thread - Saturday 4th Feb (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

The stag do is still going it was definitely bettter than the football. Everyone that knows about footballl thinks we're fucked. Dave says he doesn't know much about football but he knows we're shit. Bez knows a lot about football and thinks we're shit BUT with a can-do attitude you can achieve anything.

He's deluded

SkyblueBazza

I think you've either misquoted or misread his post bazza as I didn't take that from his post.
So what other England manager is statistically more or as successful as Allardyce. You can't get better than 100% win rate...unless he is one of those that somehow gives '110%' of course. Then I could make allowances

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Generally Midfield

Having only won 4 league games all season yesterday shouldn't have been a surprise but I still find each defeat hard to take and even more than that yesterday was another absolutely abysmal performance. Can't defend, can't score, no organisation, no fight. Nothing. We can hope theres some kind of miracle and things improve but any chance of avoiding relegation feels like a fantasy or deluded.

wingy

So what other England manager is statistically more or as successful as Allardyce. You can't get better than 100% win rate...unless he is one of those that somehow gives '110%' of course. Then I could make allowances

I take it he's referring to Mowbray.

The Reverend Skyblue

I have never, ever said that just one person is to blame.

Finally? You are being a complete idiot.

You please show me one post anywhere where I said only Mowbray is to blame?

Just one single one .... Go on.......

Oops, no that's right, you can't, cos I need ever said it.

You are on Spinal Tap WUM 11 lately.
Otis just give up on him, the fucking bloke is one sandwich short of a picnic.
He's had obsessions with other posters, the bloke is clueless, an expert on everything about football yet I can be certain he has never played the game at any decent standard, and why he gets upset if anyone disagrees with him I don't honestly know.
Ive written down his reply to my post ,i know exactly what it will be, as he "had a thing" for me once.
I'm going to send Nick by Pm his reply and I bet I get it right.

covcity4life

Otis just give up on him, the fucking bloke is one sandwich short of a picnic.
He's had obsessions with other posters, the bloke is clueless, an expert on everything about football yet I can be certain he has never played the game at any decent standard, and why he gets upset if anyone disagrees with him I don't honestly know.
Ive written down his reply to my post ,i know exactly what it will be, as he "had a thing" for me once.
I'm going to send Nick by Pm his reply and I bet I get it right.

Does it contain the word senile? :)

covcity4life

Its ok. Rev has always been rude to me. I try to not let trolls get to me

So yoi blaming sisu or slade? Mowbray isnt a option anymore

The Reverend Skyblue

Its ok. Rev has always been rude to me. I try to not let trolls get to me

So yoi blaming sisu or slade? Mowbray isnt a option anymore

After deciphering your post , I blame absolutely everyone, including Mowbray, Venus, Slade, Fisher/SISU top my list, but everyone takes a portion of the blame.
If you think Mowbrays recruitment for a battling league One campaign wasn't incompetent then you really are beyond help.
Slade could go as close to Andy Thorn as the most clueless manager in our history, playing hoofball when the tallest player up front is just an inch higher away from being labelled dwarfs is incredulous.
So yes like most sane posters we blame the lot of them, what got into Mowbray in the summer was very strange, chasing players he didn't have a hell in high water chance of getting is one part of the shitfest dilemma we find ourselves in.
I was very supportive mostly of Mowbray last season, but come on even Stevie Wonder would have picked better players this season to suit the standard we are in.
Last point do you think everyone over 50 is senile ? I can prove very different through history what people achieved past this age , you really do have a problem with the older generation.

Otis

After deciphering your post , I blame absolutely everyone, including Mowbray, Venus, Slade, Fisher/SISU top my list, but everyone takes a portion of the blame.
If you think Mowbrays recruitment for a battling league One campaign wasn't incompetent then you really are beyond help.
Slade could go as close to Andy Thorn as the most clueless manager in our history, playing hoofball when the tallest player up front is just an inch higher away from being labelled dwarfs is incredulous.
So yes like most sane posters we blame the lot of them, what got into Mowbray in the summer was very strange, chasing players he didn't have a hell in high water chance of getting is one part of the shitfest dilemma we find ourselves in.
I was very supportive mostly of Mowbray last season, but come on even Stevie Wonder would have picked better players this season to suit the standard we are in.
Last point do you think everyone over 50 is senile ? I can prove very different through history what people achieved past this age , you really do have a problem with the older generation.
Good post.

If we reflect on the season, who exactly would we say has been a good player for us this year?

Think most would agree, Rose, no, Jones, no, Lameiras, no, Reid, no, Bigi, no, Wright, no, RCC, no, Burge, no, Turnbull, no, Aygei, no, Ghadzhev, no.

Willis has been okay. Sordell pretty good, Stevenson and McCann pretty good too. Haynes has been just about okay and so too DKE.

Let's face it, we are going to hard pressed to pick a player of the season aren't we.

I can see it being Beavon just for his work rate.

Generally Midfield

Seen goals back. That first one. Just wow! What the fook went on in that box?

Embarrassing!

It's way beyond embarrassing. Defending for both goals was absolutely appalling and for the first one was non existent. People can get on their high horse about tennis balls and every other excuse under the sun but bottom line is these type of goals are being conceded in game after game and is now normal for us. Relegation nailed on.

Captain Dart

Seen goals back. That first one. Just wow! What the fook went on in that box?

Embarrassing!
Too right, for the first goal where was Burge and how did Cooper so easily get in front of Rawson?
cm110.jpg

..and where was Burge for this incident... got let off here
cm210.jpg

finally the defence is all standing around and not picking up Morison for the 2nd goal after Burge fluffed his save.
cm310.jpg

Otis

As I said on another thread, Burge heads for near post to a corner that is hit very deep.

The Reverend Skyblue

Anyway, I was conversing without swearing, to a Sheff Utd fan who said one of his favourite seasons ever was when they got relegated in the 70/80's to the Fourth division.
I cant remember them relegated to the lowest division but he said they loved visiting all the grounds they never had been to before and loved every minute, it did help they easily won their only season in the bottom rung. I did say woulkd you have enjoyed it if you would of struggled but he hasn't come back to me, I think he knew they would walk it, unlike us when we go down as with the tripe we have I can see a struggle.
Does that give anyone a little lift, or not ?
My first post this season without me swearing
Amen

SkyblueBazza

I take it he's referring to Mowbray.
Well I must've missed something there...how we got to Mowbray from Allardyce I don't know...nor can I be arsed to track back. If I was wrong I apologise.
However, "Incorrect bullshit" is a pretty poor response

Ash

Watched the highlights last night. I know it was all shite, but their second was the softest goal I've ever seen. Morison was allowed to carry the ball 20 yards without a challenge, play a simple pass into our box unchallenged, their other man was able to turn 8 yards out and get a shot in all at the same time that Morison had carried his run into the 6 yard box unchallenged (again!) and tap in from the rebound.

Seriously, what the fuck are they working on in training?!!

Users who are viewing this thread