Match Thread Coventry v Rochdale Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Oct (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

If McCann is injured now, and Rose wasn't back I wouldn't feel that comfortable with a Bigi / Stevenson / Gadzev midfield.

I know strange one with Gadzev as he looked a class act pre season

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't want to get into a ding dong with you, i'll only get accused of being negative. But people have been saying we will piss this tinpot league every season we've been in it, and we're still here.

Let's take each game as it comes and see where we are at the half way point then re-evaluate. I'm encouraged by thr last couple of performances and I'm feeling positive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I was only joking anyway

Grendel

It's good that Rose and Stokes are coming back. However you are right Nick. We depend totally on luck and the form of players. Armstrong ran out of form last season
Turner and Reda respectfully with their injuries and that was it.

We need Stokes to come back as the same player but at CB this time.

We need McCann to be replaced and we need Stephenson and Bigi and one of Burge or RCC to maintain their form.

We also need a disallusional goal machine to join us in January.

The above plus no long term injuries and we have a chance

Stokes is a left back and one of the best this league has to offer - why on earth would you want him as a centre back?

Grendel

I would be more than happy with Stokes as centre back. Page is doing okay at left back.

Page is only here because we don't have stokes.

shmmeee

I can see Page going back when Stokes is fit. He's only here til Jan isn't he?

I'd rather see us get a CB in and move Willis to RB, or even better get a new GK.

johnwillomagic

I don't think 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 formations suit our squad make up at all..........I know we have picked up a few wins but really think we should be playing 4-4-2 with our current squad like Charlton who absolutely battered us on day. I agree Turnbull for a big lad gets bullied a bit too easily but we have not let many in.....that is partly however due to us being so deep and defensive in the 4-3-2-1 as opposed to being brillant defensively though tbh.

However if McCann is injured we have to still play 4-3-2-1 as opposed to 4-2-3-1 as Stevenson and Bigi although both playing well are too flyweight to play as a two we would just get steamrollered. I like Rose's athleticism so he would get nod over Gadhzev but for some strange reason think Gadhzev has more potential in a way I would like to see him get another crack at some stage.

Hadji10

And Stokes played twice I think at CB. Away at Crewe I think I could have played CB and we'd have won, the Walsall game he was at fault for their goal. He's a left back, and at league one, he's a very good left back.

Paxman II

Well I don't get to many games these days. We dug in and were a little fortunate. But you know what they say winning breathes confidence. Give Burge some kicking lessons!

6 Generations

I predicted a stubborn and tough Keith Hill inspired team. That's what we got and the stats suggest that they were better than us, with the exception of the goals for section.

When McCann pulled his hamstring, the obvious option seemed to be Andy Rose.

But dropping Sordell back made us look more solid in midfield.

I really enjoyed our dogged, backs to the wall determination.

We deserved to win because we scored more goals than them.

Hopefully at least a draw at Walsall next Saturday followed by 3 points against Chesterfield on 1st November can give us greater hope for a season than just trying to survive in the third division.

Otis

Think Rose will have to come in next week if McCann is out. Our midfield is far too lightweight and powderpuff otherwise.

6 Generations

Yes, I think Rose will play at Walsall.
We need a solid presence as our back line came under seige on occasion yesterday and although they withstood it, admirably, had Rochdale been equipped with their shooting boots, the result could've been different.

Ultimately, by resisting the temptation to introduce Rose yesterday, Venus knows that he has a possible season changing 'new signing' type player, who's champing at the bit.

Users who are viewing this thread