Match Thread Coventry v Scunthorpe Match Thread - Saturday 12th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Sordell is wide because you wouldn't get the working back he does from Agyei or Wight.
Agree he needs to be in the middle but we need rid of them 2 first.

Was very disappointed with Lameiras as well.
But none of those are wingers, no idea why he keeps putting wright out there, he was pants against morecambe.

Putting lameiras centre forward was insane.

idm1975

First half he was dire and covering every player of grass meant running to their back line wasting energy.

Also will someone stop telling him to ask for the ball all the time and taking set pieces. Jones wanted to play a corner in he screamed and demanded the ball and promptly gave it away.
He was chasing the back line because the forward 3 were'nt, every time he was trying to pull them forward. with a front 3 it shouldnt be up to a centre mid to pressure the back line. it needed to be done because none of them could play football, anyone can kick it 50yrdsr down the pitch. my youngest is 6 and even he knows how to control a ball and look for a pass, they didnt and we didnt exploit it enough!

covcity4life

I wouldnt coint agyei or wrigt out completley. they are yoing and coukd play vreat next time out. inconsidtency prob to be expected

idm1975

I thought we were really poor in the first half.

They are a better team than us
Thats absolute bollocks! in no way shape or form were they better than us. the worst result for us today should have been a draw. even with the non exsistent agyei and wright on the pitch

clint van damme

But none of those are wingers, no idea why he keeps putting wright out there, he was pants against morecambe.

Putting lameiras centre forward was insane.

we've got a very unbalanced squad, hopefully MV can address that come January and we aren't too far behind the leading pack.

covcity4life

May be unbalances but we have loada of strikers. sonsont fukin play lameries in middle!

Soon as sordl was therr we had w amazing chancws in 2 mins

eastwoodsdustman

Agyei was awful, Wright was non existant.
Scunthorpe players were going to ground every time they thought that we would getnear them and the Ref lapped it up. At one point one of their players thought he was going to be challenged and dived to the floor just as the city player pulled up before reaching him. It was so obvious what they were going and that Twat and his 'assistants' encouraged it.
As for the high foot on our player and them getting the free kick. FFS what are they watching.
Having said all of that, I thought we looked the more likely to score and feel that we were unlucky today.
Onwards and Upwards.

covcity4life

Reid was great when he cameon

Jones whislt frustrating at least scares defenders. had those 2 startes with sordell in mide i think we would have got a goal today.

Still. lets stay positive. another good run now and come dec we can be top haf.

We are capable

nmp2327

we've got a very unbalanced squad, hopefully MV can address that come January and we aren't too far behind the leading pack.
I agree but why should we expect anything to happen in January, the track record of our appalling owners does not suggest any reason for hopeful activity in January.

Nick

Administrator
Agyei was awful, Wright was non existant.
Scunthorpe players were going to ground every time they thought that we would getnear them and the Ref lapped it up. At one point one of their players thought he was going to be challenged and dived to the floor just as the city player pulled up before reaching him. It was so obvious what they were going and that Twat and his 'assistants' encouraged it.
As for the high foot on our player and them getting the free kick. FFS what are they watching.
Having said all of that, I thought we looked the more likely to score and feel that we were unlucky today.
Onwards and Upwards.
Yeah they knew how to play the ref, it got to the point where he waited for them to appeal.

One was sterry in our corner, ball went out and ref took a good 20 seconds before whistling.

Other was us doing a quick throw in, him stopping it for our sub. To then tell us to take it anyway.

clint van damme

I agree but why should we expect anything to happen in January, the track record of our appalling owners does not suggest any reason for hopeful activity in January.

some of the loans end in January, we can potentially ship certain players back to their parent clubs and bring new players in.

Johnnythespider

I think it's too early to write off Wright, I would like to see him given a couple of games up front, i thought he looked a different player when he swapped inside for a few minutes before he went off

clint van damme

Reid was great when he cameon

Jones whislt frustrating at least scares defenders. had those 2 startes with sordell in mide i think we would have got a goal today.

Still. lets stay positive. another good run now and come dec we can be top haf.

We are capable

there was certainly some improvement in his distribution.

Nick

Administrator
Don't know why reid always stops after he has beaten a man.

Try and get in the box, cut it across. Also the hope of them fouling him

4waspsting

Agyei, what are his strengths? He's a big unit so surely it should be physical presence, he gets nudged off the ball so easy.

He hasn't got a clue in the air and first touch was awful.

Absolute waste of a position, we have sordell who is much better stuck out wide
I'd say he is a total waste of an individual

covcity4life

Don't know why reid always stops after he has beaten a man.

Try and get in the box, cut it across. Also the hope of them fouling him
he did put in some grest crosses from byline to be fair to him

Your boy lameries needs to realise being nasty dont mean giving away stupid gouls.

I know ref was bad today but out llayers need to .ore intelligent
I'd say he is a total waste of an individual

Stupod rhing to say. he scored a goal from halfway lone ffs. clearly has talent to be ratwd by dyche.

Everyone has bad games. had he scored that goal he fasuones for himself maybe we would be lauding him right now

He needs to use his strength and workrate is lacking. these are things that can be workes on and improved

ccfcway

Put your hard on away

4:23 PM - 12 Nov 2016
Coventry City @Coventry_City
ATTENDANCE: 7,870 (729 away). Thank you for your continued support! #PUSB http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxEzMlCWgAYS3IK.jpg

35c0373b-68da-4a5f-ac54-cc1ac4bc7ee0_800.jpg

coop

Sordell is a forward not a winger we have Jones and reid who are winger's. Lamires not a forward why play him there,some strange decision by MV.Play player's where they have played all there lives.

ccfcway

not sure why TM nor MV will play Sordell up top.

He was picked for UK olympic team as a striker and we play him on the wing and a winger up top ?

Nick

Administrator
Sordell is a forward not a winger we have Jones and reid who are winger's. Lamires not a forward why play him there,some strange decision by MV.Play player's where they have played all there lives.

Stay at home next time!

Nick

Administrator
As soon as Sordell goes up front you can see a difference, it was the same last game. He gets the ball to feet, either turns and runs or he lays it off and then turns and runs to get it back.

No idea why he continues to play Aygei, why not just chuck McBean or somebody else from the u23's in on the bench?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Almost 5 minutes of highlights on sky sports app. Seems more happened than I recalled!

Sterry with our best chances, second to Wright, both of whom should have put their chances away.

I agree With above posts that Reid looked good when he came on, but I do worry that he's becoming yet another typical signing; player who looks to be able to do it off the bench, set the world alight but when he gets his chance as he did on sunday and fails to turn up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Almost 5 minutes of highlights on sky sports app. Seems more happened than I recalled!

Sterry with our best chances, second to Wright, both of whom should have put their chances away.

I agree With above posts that Reid looked good when he came on, but I do worry that he's becoming yet another typical signing; player who looks to be able to do it off the bench, set the world alight but when he gets his chance as he did on sunday and fails to turn up.
Sterry could have had a hat trick, wright, agyei and lameiras all should have put there chances away as well.

Users who are viewing this thread