Match Thread Coventry v Scunthorpe Match Thread - Saturday 12th Nov (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Bigi absolutely brilliant today, covered every blade of grass and did all the pressing the strikers should have done

First half he was dire and covering every player of grass meant running to their back line wasting energy.

Also will someone stop telling him to ask for the ball all the time and taking set pieces. Jones wanted to play a corner in he screamed and demanded the ball and promptly gave it away.

Ccfcisparks

First half he was dire and covering every player of grass meant running to their back line wasting energy.

Also will someone stop telling him to ask for the ball all the time and taking set pieces. Jones wanted to play a corner in he screamed and demanded the ball and promptly gave it away.
Its called pressing Grendel, Bigi was having to do that because the strikers werent.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Willis at fault for the goal running forward twenty yards instead of staying in position. Agyei poor. Reid looked dangerous. Jones v frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fairness he didn't have much choice as sterry was up the pitch and he had to cover.

It was either that for Willis or let the player have a free run into the penalty box.

lifeskyblue

Feel disappointed for the players today. Not a lot in that game. Just felt Scunthorpe a little more canny...drew fouls, played possession footy when needed to and up front just quick of thought. First half agyei and wright v disappointing. Can't understand lameires coming on up front. Looked a lot more threatening with Reid and jones on the pitch. Question: why not play jones on the left occasionally and Reid why not drive into the box after beating his man

Kingokings204

My view:

Agyei and wright should be no where near our first team. Lameires is utter garbage and just loses the ball. Been saying that all season.

Plus side I thought bigi and Stevenson are really very good and rose and they seem to play a triangle in the middle. Left side page and right side sterry look good also.

It's just up top we had very little presence there. Jones did ok but too late by then. Not enough time as with Reid. Both looked ok when they came on. But again not enough.

The game was very even IMO and both teams had chances and both could win. Today they won 1-0 but two months we could win 1-0. They were very canny and their number 8 was a cock all game. We need someone like that. They took their chance and we didn't. Fair enough

letsallsingtogether

Ah but he put in more good crosses then poor ones, as for Jones well we'll leave that one alone.
Anyway I thought it was a pretty good performance only lacked a goal on our side, thought they were poor for top of the table and as for the ref sooner he fucks off back to the prem the better.

KG7

In fairness he didn't have much choice as sterry was up the pitch and he had to cover.

It was either that for Willis or let the player have a free run into the penalty box.

I'm talking about the first phase of the move. He ran forward about twenty yards to try and intercept the ball, missed it and then the ball was played straight into the space he left before he chased him back out wide.

letsallsingtogether

I'm talking about the first phase of the move. He ran forward about twenty yards to try and intercept the ball, missed it and then the ball was played straight into the space he left before he chased him back out wide.

But he was still MOTM today

italiahorse

I thought we played well as a team it was just down to finishing.
Poor touch up front meant it always seemed to end up with nothing.
We get bullied but because we don't fall down we get nothing.
On the other hand we only had to touch their players and they fell over and the ref gave it.
No idea why our player got booked when it seemed clear the other player kicked him in the chest.
Bigi man of match after a couple of bad passes at the start.
Scunny no real threat, great save from Burge in first half and there goal should have been given offside earlier in the move.

4waspsting

yes and the cockend could not pass wind

clint van damme

My view:

Agyei and wright should be no where near our first team. Lameires is utter garbage and just loses the ball. Been saying that all season.

Plus side I thought bigi and Stevenson are really very good and rose and they seem to play a triangle in the middle. Left side page and right side sterry look good also.

It's just up top we had very little presence there. Jones did ok but too late by then. Not enough time as with Reid. Both looked ok when they came on. But again not enough.

The game was very even IMO and both teams had chances and both could win. Today they won 1-0 but two months we could win 1-0. They were very canny and their number 8 was a cock all game. We need someone like that. They took their chance and we didn't. Fair enough

Yep. Thought the defence and midfield looked OK but we lacking up front.
If we can stay 6 or 7 points outside the play offs up to January and dump some of the deadwood we may have half a chance.

4waspsting

My view:

AGYIE was fuckin useless no interest what i saw, thinking more what his Cock was going to do with the white Chavs

sw88

Chief Commentator!
O

His worst decision was not sending turnball off for a second yellow.

To be fair he did cock that one up good and proper. Yellow card every time.

Post match CWR going on about scunny's player surrounding the ref. Yes it's now a bookavle offence (or should be) but we'd be calling for our players to do the same had the shoe been on the other foot

Sbarcher

One of the things that annoys the shit out of me is our throw ins and free kicks
Both slow and usually backwards.
I think only one free kick went into the box. As you say others went back or sideways. Get the big men in the box and play it in rather than just keep possession and then lose it cheaply.

Nick

Administrator
Agyei, what are his strengths? He's a big unit so surely it should be physical presence, he gets nudged off the ball so easy.

He hasn't got a clue in the air and first touch was awful.

Absolute waste of a position, we have sordell who is much better stuck out wide

clint van damme

Agyei, what are his strengths? He's a big unit so surely it should be physical presence, he gets nudged off the ball so easy.

He hasn't got a clue in the air and first touch was awful.

Absolute waste of a position, we have sordell who is much better stuck out wide

Sordell is wide because you wouldn't get the working back he does from Agyei or Wight.
Agree he needs to be in the middle but we need rid of them 2 first.

Was very disappointed with Lameiras as well.

Users who are viewing this thread