Match Thread Coventry v Wycombe Match Thread - Tuesday 7th Feb (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Reilly was great 1st half.

Dke brill all game. Both ce trw halves did well. Haynes too actually.

Rose qas amazing in latter stages

This is in terms of heart and heading of course lol

covcity4life

DKE, Haynes, Turnbull, Reilly and Thomas were all brilliant tonight.
Rose too i felt

Tudgay i feel sorry for. Yes he shud win mote headers but hes isolayed and when he does win ball thetr are usualy no options close so hes expected to hold ball for 6 or 7 secs which is tough

Astute

Rose too i felt

Tudgay i feel sorry for. Yes he shud win mote headers but hes isolayed and when he does win ball thetr are usualy no options close so hes expected to hold ball for 6 or 7 secs which is tough
Been sniffing the beer mats again?

Don't worry. Will let you off tonight :smuggrin:

Gazolba

The one constant between our success in this trophy and our failure in the league is the goal-keepers.
Maybe the defence is just nervous having Burge behind them?

no_loyalty

I felt nervously sick for the last 10 minutes, thought we would concede.

The whole team put in a shift even Tudgay, felt a bit sorry for Reid not much went for him, DKE man of the match for me

Kingokings204

Decent game although second half was abysmal but we did enough. I can certainly see why we are miles bottom of league 1 to be honest. Too young and soft and got away with it tonight with a couple of very good goals.

Obviously get in the fuck in we are at wembley just trying to give my Fair assessment.

shmmeee

Dont wanna focus on negatives tonight as it is about enjoyment for fans

However we are shockingly bad. Doesnt bode well for rest of season bar the heart shown

Yeah, this was the first time I've seen us this season and I was literally shocked at how bad we were.

Great_Expectations

From a footballing perspective we were pretty awful once again, the major difference was the passion and desire from the players today. If they have that motivation every game we would not be where we are now.

It's not a night to criticise anyone, they all put an excellent shift in, especially DKE, Thomas, Tudgay and Turnbull all put an excellent shift in. While Reilly had the best game for us by miles.

It was an all rare, but fantastic feeling, to see our players truly playing for the shirt.

lifeskyblue

Am I alone in enjoying the second half? Yes we were under the cosh and yes I felt nervous throughout but that is football at its best...your team under pressure, can they stand up to it, can win bey weather the storm, have they got the fight. Towards the end we doubled up on headers with akinfenwe and began to neutralise his threat. Well done to slade and the back four for doing it. Yes I enjoyed that half as I saw 11 players give their all for the club

PUSB

skybluepm2

The team was very young and less experienced than Wycombe in the end.

I thought Turnbull was really good. Given the slack Reilly has had he showed massive energy and commitment throughout.

Jones for once engaged his brain.

Slade has an impossible job and the club will be relegated. He took it on and I feel he deserves his brief day in the sun as well.

His tactics were spot on.

He has to play this goalkeeper though from now on in. He is vastly superior and gives some semblance of confidence to the back four.

Agree with all of that

robbiekeane

I just love that after the shit we've had for years on end, the passion is still there in the fans. People can mock if they want as it is Mickey mouse but I have never before in my life felt that tension and excitement of the last 6 minutes as a football fan. When would I? Never had anything to be excited about unless escaping relegation counts, but that's fear not excitement

Skyblueweeman

How effective was Akinfenwa? Just sort of let players bounce off him!

I saw him earlier at the hotel they were having their pre-match meal at. The bloke is a machine up close. Seeing him up close, i genuinely don't know how he runs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Buzzing. As Grendel said, Reilly excellent. Well done to the young lads holding out against a confident team.

Extra congratulations to the support tonight, got behind the team and helped no end. Great stuff.

Astute

Ouch nearly time to go to work already. But I don't care. My smile is still bigger than my face :smuggrin::smuggrin:

Warwickhunt

From a footballing perspective we were pretty awful once again, the major difference was the passion and desire from the players today. If they have that motivation every game we would not be where we are now.

It's not a night to criticise anyone, they all put an excellent shift in, especially DKE, Thomas, Tudgay and Turnbull all put an excellent shift in. While Reilly had the best game for us by miles.

It was an all rare, but fantastic feeling, to see our players truly playing for the shirt.
Don't you think that all the teams we play are the same? Awful football but organised and willingness to fight. If we as supporters turn up for our league games with the same vociferousity could we not turn the players around??

Otis

Don't you think that all the teams we play are the same? Awful football but organised and willingness to fight. If we as supporters turn up for our league games with the same vociferousity could we not turn the players around??
Wycombe didn't impress me as a footballing side, but they were very strong and powerful and well organised (in the second half anyway) and that can take you a long long way. Lots of high balls in the air and they are so strong and powerful they were winning most duels.

clint van damme

Wycombe didn't impress me as a footballing side, but they were very strong and powerful and well organised (in the second half anyway) and that can take you a long long way. Lots of high balls in the air and they are so strong and powerful they were winning most duels.
certainly gave me an insight into what next year holds if/when we go down.

Users who are viewing this thread