Everyone on the hill for Saturday (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

They would have been banned from lighting them or arrested you numpty, they were accompanied by a cluster of cops !!

Honestly? I thought this was the "big one" Where were the fireworks?

I had a chat with the cameraman for Sky at half time and he told us he'd been sent to film the fans on the hill. Images sent to my phone from mates at home say we got on the telly a few times too - once would have been enough for me.

Mission accomplished. :)

Astute

WTF is the problem with some on here with others going on the hill?

Can you now say that it won't get noticed and you are doing just as much sitting on your arse at home? It certainly got mentioned and shown on Sky.

ohitsaidwalker king power

How many there then? You must be disappointed as this was the one where everyone said they were going to make a show for the cameras. BTW, I'm not taking the piss. And I mean you must be disappointed. As Hill said, seems a little pointless really.

Honestly? I thought this was the "big one" Where were the fireworks?

Torch- 4 post after saying you weren't taking the piss.....there you have it?
And yet on another thread you question the mocking by another of the low attendance figures... should the low attendance figures not be the focus of our attention rather deriding those less lazy than me and you in at least trying to maintain the protest?

It's disappointing the way some think its ok to mock such people and then masquerade their lowly defence based on being able to see a small quadrant of the pitch. Rubbish.

Astute

At least there was no abuse....

There has been abuse only once that I have known about and this was from both sides. And it sounded like it was started from those leaving the ground first. Yet it seems like a good comment to make? :thinking about:

We are all Cov fans. Were we all w@nkers in the 70's and 80's? Are all those on the hill w@nkers because someone said something at one game?

Nick

Administrator
There has been abuse only once that I have known about and this was from both sides. And it sounded like it was started from those leaving the ground first. Yet it seems like a good comment to make? :thinking about:

We are all Cov fans. Were we all w@nkers in the 70's and 80's? Are all those on the hill w@nkers because someone said something at one game?

I dont think I said from a side did I?

Astute

Congratulations to those on the hill today.

Gave Sky something to focus their comments on regarding the nonsense of our new "home".

And they were bothered enough to send a camera crew on the hill. Yet those on the hill are wasting their time :thinking about:

Today's game can be massive for us. Some people watch just about any game. More people will know about the injustice going on at our club after today. This is what protesting is all about. It can put enough pressure on that actually leads us to coming home.

covmark

And they were bothered enough to send a camera crew on the hill. Yet those on the hill are wasting their time :thinking about:

Today's game can be massive for us. Some people watch just about any game. More people will know about the injustice going on at our club after today. This is what protesting is all about. It can put enough pressure on that actually leads us to coming home.
bollocks. Do you really think anyone gives a shit. The only people watching that game on sky would've been cov and sheff u fans. When we do come home it won't be because of the hillbillies.

Astute

I dont think I said from a side did I?

Not this time, but you seem to have been anti protest on the hill so far.

I won't have a go at any protesters. ACL, CCC, SISU or whatever. We need as much pressure put on all sides. The bit that gets me is when people have a go at anyone that is trying to do anything when they just sit at home thinking not going to games is enough whilst saying SISU can afford to ruin our club whilst fans don't go.

torchomatic

They would have been banned from lighting them or arrested you numpty, they were accompanied by a cluster of cops !!

Well it was stupid to buy them then wasn't it. You would have thought they would have checked that out.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

Nick

Administrator
Not this time, but you seem to have been anti protest on the hill so far.

I won't have a go at any protesters. ACL, CCC, SISU or whatever. We need as much pressure put on all sides. The bit that gets me is when people have a go at anyone that is trying to do anything when they just sit at home thinking not going to games is enough whilst saying SISU can afford to ruin our club whilst fans don't go.

Surely sitting at home not going to games is the whole idea?

torchomatic

They were talking a lot about the ridiculous situation but they never really talked about the hill did they?

I doubt neutral fans around the country would have registered anything regarding the hill.

Astute

bollocks. Do you really think anyone gives a shit. The only people watching that game on sky would've been cov and sheff u fans. When we do come home it won't be because of the hillbillies.

Yeah your normal bollox comment. Football fans like to watch football. Lower football games can be better games a lot of the time.......just like today's game.

So what are you doing? What will you do? Fuck all as usual other than people that care enough to do more than yourself. Do you feel guilty for doing fuck all? If not why do you continually have to have a go at people trying to do anything? Should our fans only do as you say?

Nick

Administrator
They were talking a lot about the ridiculous situation but they never really talked about the hill did they?

I doubt neutral fans around the country would have registered anything regarding the hill.

In the pub a couple were talking about how it is silly to design a stadium like that because people will just go and watch for free.

To be fair there was no sound so.couldn't hear anything if something was said to explain.

covmark

Yeah your normal bollox comment. Football fans like to watch football. Lower football games can be better games a lot of the time.......just like today's game.

So what are you doing? What will you do? Fuck all as usual other than people that care enough to do more than yourself. Do you feel guilty for doing fuck all? If not why do you continually have to have a go at people trying to do anything? Should our fans only do as you say?
yawn. The usual "well what are you doing" crap. You're Fucking boring and why should I feel guilty?

theferret

Went on the hill today. Said I would and I wasn't going to back away from that even though it would have been easy to have paid my £16 and watched it all in comfort.

Was a bit dubious but credit to those people who were there. A decent bunch and not the slightest bit of antagonism towards those that go in. Was made to feel welcome and there was no judgement when I said that I had previously been going into games. Criticism towards these people is not warranted, because what they are doing is not easy. They are not there to watch the game for free because you can't see most of it, and it is a cold, wet experience (well today it was) and it is not as though they get much appreciation for what they do. I may not agree with all of them on where blame lies for all this, but they are decent people and CCFC to the core and I respect them totally.

I vowed today would be my last trip to Sixfields. But if I change my mind, I will stand with them again.

RegTheDonk

I had a chat with the cameraman for Sky at half time and he told us he'd been sent to film the fans on the hill. Images sent to my phone from mates at home say we got on the telly a few times too - once would have been enough for me.

Mission accomplished. :)

Yes, thought that would happen. Shame that with the weather and the other events there wasn't more on the hill, an opportunity missed.

Normally, you get a shot of the fans INSIDE the ground celebrating when a goal goes in ! lol

Ashdown1

Went on the hill today. Said I would and I wasn't going to back away from that even though it would have been easy to have paid my £16 and watched it all in comfort.

Was a bit dubious but credit to those people who were there. A decent bunch and not the slightest bit of antagonism towards those that go in. Was made to feel welcome and there was no judgement when I said that I had previously been going into games. Criticism towards these people is not warranted, because what they are doing is not easy. They are not there to watch the game for free because you can't see most of it, and it is a cold, wet experience (well today it was) and it is not as though they get much appreciation for what they do. I may not agree with all of them on where blame lies for all this, but they are decent people and CCFC to the core and I respect them totally.

I vowed today would be my last trip to Sixfields. But if I change my mind, I will stand with them again.

You sidled up to that pretty blonde on the hill didn't you, you naughty ferret ??

ohitsaidwalker king power

You sidled up to that pretty blonde on the hill didn't you, you naughty ferret ??

Blimey- as if being able to see 1 whole 1/4 of the pitch isn't enough of a temptation to travel to Northampton...and now a pretty lady as well?... my my... what will all those cynics that deride those that maintain the protest on the hill make of that.:rolleyes:

pusbccfc

I saw so many tweets from fans of different clubs praising fans on the hill for standing in the rain to make a stand about NOPM.

Yes, thought that would happen. Shame that with the weather and the other events there wasn't more on the hill, an opportunity missed.

Normally, you get a shot of the fans INSIDE the ground celebrating when a goal goes in ! lol

Yer, I think there'd have been more had the weather been more appealing but from what I gather the images didn't give away the numbers so it didn't matter too much in the end.

Ben_BRFC

Watched your game today, well done to those on the hill.

Were you blowing horns & whistles as you could hear them on TV!

Good luck,

Ben
(Blackburn Rovers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well it was stupid to buy them then wasn't it. You would have thought they would have checked that out.

Yes we were stupid. Syupid to trust the police who gave us permission only for the commander on the day who changed his mind heavy police precence 40 extra paid for by Sisu. Now some are not going to talk to the police and are just going to do what they have to do. By the way was at the Ricoh at 7 so had my own one man protest directed to ACL and CCC had a great time I do hope more people such as yourself turn up next time

Watched your game today, well done to those on the hill.

Were you blowing horns & whistles as you could hear them on TV!

Good luck,

Ben
(Blackburn Rovers)

Thanks for taking the time to come on here Ben.

The idea was to raise awareness and remind the authorities of what has happened on their watch AGAIN.

Feedback from fans of other clubs is exactly what we were hoping for so this is very satisfying. A couple of Blades fans joined us today as well as one that joined us during the match, saying it looked more fun up on the hill!

Users who are viewing this thread