Everyone on the hill for Saturday (2 Viewers)

simple_simon

The more different shirts the better. There will be lots of noisy things to give out to make a racket and I've just had a call from a couple of posters on here who are at this very moment in time reliving their childhood in a fireworks shop. Buy enough fireworks to invade North Korea by all accounts.
Also will be collecting for Alzheimer's and there will be t shirts for sale.
Should be a fun afternoon if nothing else.

Fair play to you.
We will make sure its fun.
Let's show respect for Jimmy Hill and also to those who wish to go inside the stadium.

dadgad

The "jimmy Hill" point is good as well as a poignant reminder of a time when our fanbase was united.

mark82

6atygege.jpg

Made me chuckle. Glad I will be watching it in the warm at work. Imagine it will put a lot off going.

torchomatic

Mark, what's the weather going to be like at the Ricoh, 7pm Sunday evening?

The more different shirts the better. There will be lots of noisy things to give out to make a racket and I've just had a call from a couple of posters on here who are at this very moment in time reliving their childhood in a fireworks shop. Buy enough fireworks to invade North Korea by all accounts.
Also will be collecting for Alzheimer's and there will be t shirts for sale.
Should be a fun afternoon if nothing else.

Unless they're giving out gold stars and Super Fan t-shirts I'm not interested.

letsallsingtogether

Oh are you going to come along to our Ricoh protest then? Doesn't matter about a bit of rain used to stand in it all the time on the old cop sat in it as well when they put the seats in.
Mark, what's the weather going to be like at the Ricoh, 7pm Sunday evening?

torchomatic

Yes, I stood in the east end more than I sat in the west. I remember a particularly wet day against Chelsea. It might have been when the Grand National was cancelled because of the IRA. Or it may not.

Oh are you going to come along to our Ricoh protest then? Doesn't matter about a bit of rain used to stand in it all the time on the old cop sat in it as well when they put the seats in.

letsallsingtogether

That will make 3 what about grendel? The worst one was a systems data cup match against Wimbledon in midweek never stopped lashing it down and as it was going to go into extra time they scored even the city fans cheered the match was as bad as the weather.
Yes, I stood in the east end more than I sat in the west. I remember a particularly wet day against Chelsea. It might have been when the Grand National was cancelled because of the IRA. Or it may not.

Sky Blue Harry H

6atygege.jpg

Made me chuckle. Glad I will be watching it in the warm at work. Imagine it will put a lot off going.

As I mentioned on another thread, Sheff Utd fans are on their forum praying tomorrow is called off due to rain. Please, no !

Spionkop

Remember that Chelsea game well oddly. 1968? Ball got stuck in a puddle of water and from it they scored and won 1-0. Chopper Harris & all.
Wow, football for a brief interlude.

does anyone know how many are actually going to be on the hill today? numbers need to be big as the game is on tv, great way to show our resentment at playing at sixfields and get the message shown on tv

Grendel

does anyone know how many are actually going to be on the hill today? numbers need to be big as the game is on tv, great way to show our resentment at playing at sixfields and get the message shown on tv

So showing resentment is watching the game outside Sixfields. Fair enough.

the point i was trying to make was to reiterate to those not already in the know that city fans arent happy about playing at sixfields. whether it be on a hill, in the car park or a pub down the road. sky viewers will see that and begin to understand

the point i was trying to make was to reiterate to those not already in the know that city fans arent happy about playing at sixfields. whether it be on a hill, in the car park or a pub down the road. sky viewers will see that and begin to understand

Good luck with this. Apparently it's a difficult concept to grasp.

simple_simon

My hair is going to look terrible by 4.15. lol

In a strange way I am looking forward to being on the hill today, probably my last visit but am sure it will be a laugh.

TurkeyTrot

Got my hat and brolly and hoping to get a gazebo up! But it will be a laugh. Also collecting for Alzheimer's, selling t shirts and advertising the new download due out in November "sent from Coventry too." 25 top tunes from 25 artists from the Coventry and Warwickshire area.

Covstu

I was out on my bike this morning and was soaked through!! Wrap up boys and most importantly have fun!

torchomatic

How many are there today? Is there more than usual. Didn't look many just before KO but that could have been a shot from earlier. Haven't heard any fireworks yet either.

torchomatic

How many there then? You must be disappointed as this was the one where everyone said they were going to make a show for the cameras. BTW, I'm not taking the piss. And I mean you must be disappointed. As Hill said, seems a little pointless really.

Let down by many not turning up. Similar numbers as usual.

Overall im suprised

Nick

Administrator
Only thing I saw was one of the goals it showed people jumping on the hill..

Granted the pub didn't show the build up.

Didn't see any fire works

Not disappointed at all. As someone else on here said, you do what you feel is right for you.

We had a good laugh and I'm glad I went. Well done everyone on the hill today - gold star ;)

torchomatic

Honestly? I thought this was the "big one" Where were the fireworks?

Not disappointed at all. As someone else on here said, you do what you feel is right for you.

We had a good laugh and I'm glad I went. Well done everyone on the hill today - gold star ;)

Users who are viewing this thread