Everyone on the hill for Saturday (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If liquidation is what it takes to rid us of SISU and get us back to Coventry then I'll accept liquidation.

The club is dead to me right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Surely if it is wound up there would be no club?

torchomatic

You're right, 100 % right but there are some particularly stupid posters for whom the penny still hasn't dropped.

Really? Who thinks it's grest playing in Northampton?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

torchomatic

I would hope views such as this are in the minority.

If liquidation is what it takes to rid us of SISU and get us back to Coventry then I'll accept liquidation.

The club is dead to me right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

pusbccfc

Out of interest, would you rather liquidation and having to start 5 leagues below
OR
Never return to Coventry, playing outside the City?

By this, I'm not trying to say we'll never return, but at the moment it seems as of we won't be back for a long long time.

Matty_CCFC

Out of interest, would you rather liquidation and having to start 5 leagues below
OR

By this, I'm not trying to say we'll never return, but at the moment it seems as of we won't be back for a long long time.

I hate to say this but my choice would be liquidation and start at bottom, horrible to even put this in print but we will not be back in Coventry under the present owners.

torchomatic

Neither. I'd rather us return to the Ricoh or failing that our own stadium (which I don't think will happen). I would absolutely not want liquidation.

OR

torchomatic

Matty_CCFC

IT is not stupid politics & protests, it is supporters showing they care about coventry playing in coventry. Some like me are not going to give sisu any more money so when they run out of cash and cannot pay the wages they like any company they will have to move to new premises where they can make money. That is what sisu do, make money.A lot of supporters are not going as they belive it is wrong to be playing in northampton, that is why they are not going and as they are right and sisu are wrong, where do you stand on right and wrong.

Agreed, hence why I will be on the Hill on Sunday with both my kids (ex JSBs)

pusbccfc

Neither. I'd rather us return to the Ricoh or failing that our own stadium (which I don't think will happen). I would absolutely not want liquidation.

What if the option of returning to The Ricoh was no more? Would you rather stay outside the City?

Matty_CCFC

Well, that's sad then if people would rather see their club go under.

Torch it is sad very sad, but ask around thats starting to be the general feel.
With teams like Hinckley folding we would only go down 2/3 levels, but its an option that we must start looking at if we want a team in Coventry.

The FL could change a lot of this by making us play in Coventry.

In the short term, lets get on the Hill Sunday and makes some noise.

torchomatic

Obviously, wouldn't want us outside the city. I think the two options are the Ricoh or a new stadium (unlikely). A third being new owners (just as unlikely).

This is why I think it's important for ACL to negotiate with SISU and vice versa over some kind of Ricoh deal. If that doesn't happen then we'll be another MK Dons which makes the likely selling out of our allocation at the end of the month the height of hypocrisy for me.

What if the option of returning to The Ricoh was no more? Would you rather stay outside the City?

Matty_CCFC

Obviously, wouldn't want us outside the city. I think the two options are the Ricoh or a new stadium (unlikely). A third being new owners (just as unlikely).

This is why I think it's important for ACL to negotiate with SISU and vice versa over some kind of Ricoh deal. If that doesn't happen then we'll be another MK Dons which makes the likely selling out of our allocation at the end of the month the height of hypocrisy for me.

Your talking sense Torch, but no one wants to talk, they all say they have moved on. Cannot ever see a new stadium in Coventry or even outside the City and unless its back at the Ricoh the club is not saleable.
To me, we need a change at both ends, the ACL people and especially Tim Fisher must go.

This is why we need to make a statement on the Hill Sunday.

pusbccfc

That's a fair comment torch.

I'll be at MK, as I go all the away games, but just as AFC Wimbledon did, I'll not buy a drink or a programme etc.

Grendel

Torch it is sad very sad, but ask around thats starting to be the general feel.
With teams like Hinckley folding we would only go down 2/3 levels, but its an option that we must start looking at if we want a team in Coventry.

The FL could change a lot of this by making us play in Coventry.

In the short term, lets get on the Hill Sunday and makes some noise.

If we were liquidated where would we play in Coventry?

torchomatic

You know when you say to people that they SHOULD go on the hill this Sunday it'll make a statement as it's on Sky? Well, you should take your own advice and not go to MK Dons as their owners are doing what SISU are doing and it invalidates your argument.

Similarly, you're OK with people going into Sixfields then as long as they don't buy a drink or a programme? Even more daft.

That's a fair comment torch.

I'll be at MK, as I go all the away games, but just as AFC Wimbledon did, I'll not buy a drink or a programme etc.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

You know when you say to people that they SHOULD go on the hill this Sunday it'll make a statement as it's on Sky? Well, you should take your own advice and not go to MK Dons as their owners are doing what SISU are doing and it invalidates your argument.

Similarly, you're OK with people going into Sixfields then as long as they don't buy a drink or a programme? Even more daft.

I've got no problem with anyone going in and purchasing whatever they want.
But however horrible it sounds, the damage is done with MK/Wimbledon.
Me alone boycotting the MK game won't make a difference or a statement, neither will a few hundred boycotting as the following will still be a large one.

I boycott sixfields because for me it can make a difference as the damaged is not fully done yet.

Its a confusing one but I understand your point.

dadgad

Really? Who thinks it's grest playing in Northampton?

Nobody, but a minority of these are going to Sixfields. In the interests of unity these few should join with the majority and stand together.
The Blades match is an opportunity to do this AND get National coverage!

Some of you are just dense.

Oz Howie

Looking at the situation from far away, what's really sad is that liquidation is becoming the only way to be rid of our terrible owners. My only consolation is the belief that going under is not the end of my club, just a backward step that can eventually be reversed.

Nick

Administrator
Looking at the situation from far away, what's really sad is that liquidation is becoming the only way to be rid of our terrible owners. My only consolation is the belief that going under is not the end of my club, just a backward step that can eventually be reversed.
People were going on about administration would fix us....

dadgad

People really do want us to go under, it is really sad.

Do you really think that?

I've followed the club for well over forty years through mostly thin and thinner. I will never stop supporting them, I have no choice in this. Nevertheless, I know what a club should be, what it should feel like to get behind it. The past seven or so years has resulted in this dribbling through our fingers and we, the fans, are blameless. What IS undeniably sad is the divisions amongst us. We should have been better organised, united and acted objectively as possible (not taken sides).
To that end the Footballing Authorites should and possibly would have been stronger?
When we had the march through the City the carping minority complained that Sky cameras weren't there. Now they are the same genii say: "people do really want us to go under".

Incredible.

italiahorse

Do you really think that?

I've followed the club for well over forty years through mostly thin and thinner. I will never stop supporting them, I have no choice in this. Nevertheless, I know what a club should be, what it should feel like to get behind it. The past seven or so years has resulted in this dribbling through our fingers and we, the fans, are blameless. What IS undeniably sad is the divisions amongst us. We should have been better organised, united and acted objectively as possible (not taken sides).
To that end the Footballing Authorites should and possibly would have been stronger?
When we had the march through the City the carping minority complained that Sky cameras weren't there. Now they are the same genii say: "people do really want us to go under".

Incredible.

Would not say the fans are blameless as the absence of fans made the finances unsustainable.
However you need to be a hardy fan to keep attending whilst the past few years of slops were served up.
Even now the really hardy fans are turning up at Sixfields to support a decimated team, run by a selfish management, maybe taking the club into oblivion.
I am not hardy enough to continue with this season at 'home' but good luck to those with really thick skins that are battling on.

torchomatic

I was hardy as I always went regardless of how we were playing. I remember those were the kind of things we used to argue over "unconditional support", etc. However, thousands of hardy fans are staying away from Northampton, aren't they?

torchomatic

Nobody wants us to go under, but nobody wants is to stay out of Coventry.

And no one wants sisu to get their 'grubby mits' on the Ricoh. Stalemate then.

Nick

Administrator
Nobody wants us to go under, but nobody wants is to stay out of Coventry.

So what options are there? Nobody wants SISU to build or own a ground, is the only option to go and rent off ACL again? Is that what people want?

Users who are viewing this thread