Everyone on the hill for Saturday (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

So what options are there? Nobody wants SISU to build or own a ground, is the only option to go and rent off ACL again? Is that what people want?

I, like most, just want to be playing at the Ricoh, or at least within the city boundaries.

So what options are there? Nobody wants SISU to build or own a ground, is the only option to go and rent off ACL again? Is that what people want?

At this point it's a stand-off between ACL and SISU who are both trying to distress each other. At some point SISU will have to cut their losses.

stupot07

and had the whole club been in administration and it been conducted properly it would have done.

Not necessarily, sisu would still have been the biggest creditor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

James Smith

Joy Mark and Tim have all said "we've moved on" and they have made that very clear. If they aren't 100% about this and are hoping to go back to the Ricoh then they should stop saying they won't, as it sends out the wrong signals. ACL aren't going to wait forever for us to come back, they run a business and will eventually move on themselves. So we may have no chance for a return to the Ricoh if the worst case scenario pans out and we're then either stuck in Northampton or building our lovely new stadium.

I worry that the dropping of the legals against NTFC is some sort of sign that ACL have or are getting ready to move on and do something else with the pitch area. They could point to the statements made by SISU/CCFC/Otium etc. and say that's why we found another tenant/another use for the space. We really would see how good Joy is as a deal maker if that was the case as she'd either have to do the new stadium or some sort of deal with ACL.

Last edited:

italiahorse

I was hardy as I always went regardless of how we were playing. I remember those were the kind of things we used to argue over "unconditional support", etc. However, thousands of hardy fans are staying away from Northampton, aren't they?

I was the same, but you really need to be thick skinned to ignore what Sisu are doing and still go to Sixfields and support the team.

How low do Sisu need to go before these fans say they can't take anymore?

Noggin

Not necessarily, sisu would still have been the biggest creditor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

yes they would but if the players and the lease and golden share were all in the same place what happened couldn't have happened.

italiahorse

Joy Mark and Tim have all said "we've moved on" and they have made that very clear. If they aren't 100% about this and are hoping to go back to the Ricoh then they should stop saying they won't, as it sends out the wrong signals. ACL aren't going to wait forever for us to come back, they run a business and will eventually move on themselves. So we may have no chance for a return to the Ricoh if the worst case scenario pans out and we're then either stuck in Northampton or building our lovely new stadium.

I worry that the dropping of the legals against NTFC is some sort of sign that ACL have or are getting ready to move on and do something else with the pitch area.

Not sure what else they could do without covering it.
Perhaps a few more Summer events, the odd sports semi final or U21 match. Coventry RFC if they ever get back to the big time ????. American Football events.
But as you suggest at some point they will have to move on.

James Smith

Not sure what else they could do without covering it.
Perhaps a few more Summer events, the odd sports semi final or U21 match. Coventry RFC if they ever get back to the big time ????. American Football events.
But as you suggest at some point they will have to move on.
It's unlikely but not beyond the realms of possibility that they might find another tenant, if they offer the same deal as they last made to CCFC then it might be attractive to someone. Now I agree it's a fairly unlikely prospect, but then until the end of last season I'd have said the same about us playing in Northampton.

stupot07

yes they would but if the players and the lease and golden share were all in the same place what happened couldn't have happened.

So a sisu related company couldn't of bought ccfc from the administrator?

Noggin

So a sisu related company couldn't of bought ccfc from the administrator?

of course they could but it wouldn't have happened, it wouldn't break the lease so what would be the benefit?, it would be cheaper to have paid what they owed to ACL instead of having to pay an administrator. Proper bids could have come in for the club, people would have known what they were buying, the club would have had many more assets, the whole golden share thing wouldn't have happened.

shmmeee

So what option is there? Come back and pay acl rent? I would like to think it would be cheaper then what we were paying for the ricoh..

What we were paying is irrelevant. May as well talk about what we were spending on wages in the Prem.

It's about what's on offer now, can we get a better deal than £150k/year + F&B? I don't know, but I've yet to see anything that proves the answer is yes especially when you include the legal costs, the rent to Northampton and the lost revenue (current and future) in the TCO of a new stadium.

stupot07

They could have, but there would have been other competitive bids.

really? The likes of pH4 would still have made low bids, and a sisu related company could still have offered to have paid 100% of the debt as the debt was to themselves anyway.

Nick

Administrator
What we were paying is irrelevant. May as well talk about what we were spending on wages in the Prem.

It's about what's on offer now, can we get a better deal than £150k/year + F&B? I don't know, but I've yet to see anything that proves the answer is yes especially when you include the legal costs, the rent to Northampton and the lost revenue (current and future) in the TCO of a new stadium.

Were we offered that or was the administrator?

Users who are viewing this thread