Hillary / US Election Thread (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I fully expect Vince McMahon to be a future presidency candidate.
His wife ran for something, senate I think it was. Spent a fortune and got nowhere.

Vince will be 75 by the time of the next election. Oldest president coming in to office was Regan, couple of weeks short of 70, was nearly 78 when he finished. If Trump wins he'll be the oldest person to take office, Clinton is only a year younger.

Wonder what odds you can get on the next president dying while in office?

Otis

His wife ran for something, senate I think it was. Spent a fortune and got nowhere.

Vince will be 75 by the time of the next election. Oldest president coming in to office was Regan, couple of weeks short of 70, was nearly 78 when he finished. If Trump wins he'll be the oldest person to take office, Clinton is only a year younger.

Well, we can but hope.

wingy

Pretty tight I think :-o

chiefdave

Reporting (unconfirmed) coming out that the emails now under investigation are neither to or from Clinton. If that's true you have to be a bit suspicious of the way this has been handed so close to the vote.

Otis

Reporting (unconfirmed) coming out that the emails now under investigation are neither to or from Clinton. If that's true you have to be a bit suspicious of the way this has been handed so close to the vote.
You do indeed.

Captain Dart

What are the odds of the next President being impeached.
Quite high, which ever of them wins I would have thought.

Otis

What are the odds of the next President being impeached.
Quite high, which ever of them wins I would have thought.
If Trump has been groping women incessantly over the years I do think his threat to sue would have put a fair few off.

A lot of other stuff around the Trump empire is maybe a little dodgy too though I understand.

Gazolba

When I was in Cancun last month I didn't speak to a single American (there's loads there obviously) that didn't hate Hillary and couldn't bare to think about how bad things will be under Trump. Must be a nightmare. Who would you vote for?
Well there are FOUR candidates. Of course, two of them were excluded from the TV debates. People don't trust the main two candidates but won't consider voting for the other two. Makes no sense.

Ashdown

Utterly bizarre that neither of these candidates has the credentials and integrity to run the worlds strongest { military } country ! Both are flawed and appalling individuals ! Really quite concerning are the consequences for the rest of the world when either could have access to the 'red button' ! Trump speaks a lot of truth and is easy to agree with on some subjects but then essentially is very bigoted and unreal, Clinton is just vile and a liar and is driven purely by personal ambition.

Ashdown

Utterly bizarre that neither of these candidates has the credentials and integrity to run the worlds strongest { military } country ! Both are flawed and appalling individuals ! Really quite concerning are the consequences for the rest of the world when either could have access to the 'red button' ! Trump speaks a lot of truth and is easy to agree with on some subjects but then essentially is very bigoted and unreal, Clinton is just vile and a liar and is driven purely by personal ambition.

Ashdown

Terry Gibson's perm

I find it bizarre that people of these ages want to do this job when they could be relaxing spends their millions and billions, yes you be remembered when you are dead but you are still dead.

chiefdave

Well there are FOUR candidates. Of course, two of them were excluded from the TV debates. People don't trust the main two candidates but won't consider voting for the other two. Makes no sense.
Johnsons not a much better option

Stein seems decent but has absolutely no chance. US media doesn't work the same way as ours so marginal candidates are completely frozen out. One of her only media appearances was on Fox News and she ran rings round them.

chiefdave

This Clinton thing is a total mess.
Washington Post said:
Senior Justice Department officials warned the FBI that Director James B. Comey’s decision to notify Congress about renewing the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server was not consistent with long-standing practices of the department, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

The bureau told Justice Department officials that Comey intended to inform lawmakers of newly discovered emails. These officials told the FBI the department’s position “that we don’t comment on an ongoing investigation. And we don’t take steps that will be viewed as influencing an election,” said one Justice Department official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the high-level conversations.

“Director Comey understood our position. He heard it from Justice leadership,” the official said. “It was conveyed to the FBI, and Comey made an independent decision to alert the Hill. He is operating independently of the Justice Department. And he knows it.”

Present and former DOJ officials said they were shocked by Comey’s actions.

Comey’s decision to ignore the advice of Justice leadership is “stunning,” said Matt Miller, who served as Justice Department spokesman under then-Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. “Jim Comey forgets that he works for the attorney general.”

dutchman

YGLE9g6.jpg

Pipehitterz

Agree with some of the other posters.
Whichever one gets in, and I think it will be Clinton, just about, I can't imagine either will last a year.
This election has proved them both to be unworthy of presidency.

chiefdave

Just watching Michael Moore in Trumpland on Channel 4 catch up. Not his biggest fan but its worth a watch.

Gazolba

If Trump has been groping women incessantly over the years I do think his threat to sue would have put a fair few off.

<snip>.
But what about the brunettes?

Captain Dart

Just watching Michael Moore in Trumpland on Channel 4 catch up. Not his biggest fan but its worth a watch.

Watched it the other day, bit of a campaign piece for Hillary (or maybe against the Evil One). Nothing earth shattering there. What he does post election should be entertaining.

Otis

Would hate to see Trump's.

Is it on a much bigger piece of paper? A2 maybe?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

Polls have Hillary in the lead... Just.

I think it'll be Trump in the end, just about.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Otis

Trump is a joke.

Moaning like hell when Clinton was cleared in the initial FBI investigation and having a right old go at the FBI about it.

Then the FBI announce they are going to have another look and Trump is praising them to high heaven.

FBI have now once again just cleared Clinton and Trump is having a right old go at the FBI again.

I want Clinton to win, but then hope she is impeached.

Trump in the White House is just a ridiculous notion.

Where are the decent candidates? They can't find two in the whole of the US?

Captain Dart

This morning on Radio 5 there was a Nevadan guy saying in all seriousness that "Hillary is a Satanist its on the internet". (it is BTW, Nicky Campbell checked).

Users who are viewing this thread