Hillary / US Election Thread (4 Viewers)

Otis

Why, if she's done nothing wrong?
Doesn't a lot of things point to that she has?

I am no Clinton expert by a long chalk, but there appears to be a lot of stuff about her out there that points to misdoing and dishonesty.

If she's done nothing wrong, yep, by all means let her run the country.

There does seem to a lot of dark cloud hanging over her, so I do wonder why she was selected in the first place.

For what it is worth, I used to like the woman.

Otis

Well no, she's been exhonerated on emails hasn't she.

Unless you're buying into the Trump rhetoric, of course...
Nope, not just talking about the emails. Been publicly condemned for falsely giving testimony. Then there is the Greek thing where her son in law benefitted.

I am totally and utterly opposed to Trump and if I had a swaying towards any party it would always be the Democrats.

Otis

It's all out there. I can't be arsed to write eleventy billion paragraphs on it.

There was a poll just two days ago in Washington and 83% said they believed Clinton had done something wrong and 51% believed she had behaved illegally.

I know she was exonerated, but the emails are missing. That means the evidence has been destroyed. That's not quite the same thing as she is innocent.

The FBI cannot act on evidence they cannot find.

And again, on the Trump thing, I hardly believe a single thing that comes out of his mouth.

Otis

The republicans who keep on about her emails might want to look at Bushs emails, oh hang on they can't as thousands of them mysteriously disappeared.
Just shows there's loads of dodgy presidents and presidential candidates out there. :(

There's loads of stuff out there about Trump too. That's why you hear so many Americans saying they don't want to vote for either of them.

chiefdave

Anybody going to be staying up tonight to watch the coverage? I do like a bit of election coverage. Remember listening to R5 last time round and they played some of what was being broadcast on American talk radio. Unbelievable the BS they are allowed to broadcast over there.

rd45

Anybody going to be staying up tonight to watch the coverage? I do like a bit of election coverage. Remember listening to R5 last time round and they played some of what was being broadcast on American talk radio. Unbelievable the BS they are allowed to broadcast over there.

I'll stay up for it - unless it gets too scary/depressing. I don't have a great track record with this kind of thing. Last time I voted for a candidate that won was 1992. Glad I don't have a vote in this one, or I'd jinx it.

covcity4life

i doubt either of them will stop bombing countries

obama comes accross a sa great guy but he didnt stop it either.

worlds messed up

SBAndy

i doubt either of them will stop bombing countries

obama comes accross a sa great guy but he didnt stop it either.

worlds messed up

Because ultimately all decisions fall to the senate. This whole "most powerful position in the world" is a load of cock. Obama's spent 8 years trying to get 'Obama-care' off the ground, but it has been batted away by those with pharmaceutical backing. He wanted to look at green energy, but the oil companies have lobbied the senate to such a degree that it will never happen. Lobbying is effectively bribery and should be banned in politics.

Terry Gibson's perm

Does the current president have Pickfords in at the moment or has he departed already?

Hillary will win not through her quality but the lack of quality against her.

rd45

Last time it took a few days for Florida, in 2000 it was a month. I hope for your sake it's not that bad this time.

That's maybe the worst possible outcome if there's confusion about the result - real or faked. Plenty of precedents as you say.

Liquid Gold

That's maybe the worst possible outcome if there's confusion about the result - real or faked. Plenty of precedents as you say.
I hope it's a clear victory either way, I can't imagine the state of things if it's on a knife edge. Could you see Trump conceding after winning the popular vote but not the electoral college like Gore did.

rd45

I hope it's a clear victory either way, I can't imagine the state of things if it's on a knife edge. Could you see Trump conceding after winning the popular vote but not the electoral college like Gore did.

Doesn't bear thinking about. All that hanging chad malarkey is going to look civilised in comparison.

dadgad

If Trump wins he'll get the grassy knoll treatment.
She's little better but then political choice is increasingly illusory and democracy a myth.

chiefdave

If Trump wins he'll get the grassy knoll treatment.
She's little better but then political choice is increasingly illusory and democracy a myth.
There's a polling station under lockdown at the moment after reports of a shooting.

Trump has pretty much been telling his supporters to take a shot at Hillary if she wins.

Otis

Don't panic lads, it's not as if we are going to elect a madman or a crook to the White House is it.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Looks like Donald is doing well not that either would get my vote.
Slightly prefer Trump as Clinton is left leaning.

Philosorapter

Somethings I'm hearing from election night.

It was a movement.

People wanted change from the establishment.

The Democrats have moved away from their traditional voter and gone for the surburbion vote.

Whilst the politics is different in America from Britain, can anyone see the parallels of what's going on in the Labour Party?

Last edited:

Otis

Thing is, Clinton was the wrong choice. Surely any decent candidate would have beaten the joke that is Trump.

As Ian Hislop said on HIGNFY the other night, Trump is bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread