Idiots with the whistles (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

The message is loud and clear, stop the whistles. Or did you just forget about the whole statement just to take offense by it instead?
I didn't take offense to it!! I'm a lot bigger and uglier than to take offense to things like that! I just quite clearly understand what group I'm in from the wording and easily determine it's not the 'fair minded' group. It doesn't take a rocket science to see that this statement is CLEARLY dividing fans into SBT followers and 'idiots' who think the whistle affected the outcome of the game!! Yes the statement says stop whistling but only because idiots like me don't like it!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

I didn't take offense to it!! I'm a lot bigger and uglier than to take offense to things like that! I just quite clearly understand what group I'm in from the wording and easily determine it's not the 'fair minded' group. It doesn't take a rocket science to see that this statement is CLEARLY dividing fans into SBT followers and 'idiots' who think the whistle affected the outcome of the game!! Yes the statement says stop whistling but only because idiots like me don't like it!!

You're now categorizing yourselves into 'groups'?

Xgdo6.gif

SkyBlueZack

We condemned it before their move and afterwards. On one occasion it was in front of a room full of people including City fans, Cov fans, Coventry City Councillors, Tim Fisher and Pete Rosborough.

Apologies, I must of missed the released statement. I assume there was one?

pastythegreat

You're now categorizing yourselves into 'groups'?

Xgdo6.gif
No no, SBT did that! I'm just pointing it out as you didn't read it in the statement as it wasn't important! I was catoragised into a group. You're now blaming me for doing it?!

Ian1779

Be nice if Reilly came out and actually said it did affect him. If he did that it might actually get through to the numbskulls not to do it again.

I agree - however expect this stock response if he did so...

'You are obviously very happy with SISU and the situation then....'

CJ_covblaze

Before or after Jan said how great it was? This is the point, if you said something in a private meeting how to we know about it?

People are saying that's off putting, surely you take it on board?

It wasn't a private meeting and yes I'll take it on board.

CJ_covblaze

Ah, don't thank me, I feel bad now!
Genuinely though, fair play to you and anyone who does get involved. You all want what is best for the club, as do the rest of us who don't get involved.

GROUP HUG

No there was a reason to. If we can somehow all manage to pull together in the same direction we can help find a solution to the many problems.

CJ_covblaze

Apologies, I must of missed the released statement. I assume there was one?

I believe there was. Will have a look when I've got chance.

clint van damme

In fairness to the Trust; apart from the unnecessary line about the fairness of observers, the actual aim and message in the statement should be applauded.

you're right, which is why they should really think about the content of their statements a bit more carefully.

In Goodfellas if Billy Batts hadn't added now go home and get your fucking shine box to the end of his apology all would have been well and him and Tommy would have carried on drinking together, instead Tommy ended up butchering the fucker!
Those few little words can make all the difference.

CJ_covblaze

But the statement posted since on the telegraph still includes it?

Statements go out to the press at the same time as they go out to members. The person that writes and issues them is currently at work so is unable to alter it at present. I will pass on the feedback though.

Brylowes

As usual we have drifted off topic,
Let's start another 16 (& counting) page thread about the statement.
Let's get back to whistles on this one, cos that was riveting.

fernandopartridge

you're right, which is why they should really think about the content of their statements a bit more carefully.

In Goodfellas if Billy Batts hadn't added now go home and get your fucking shine box to the end of his apology all would have been well and him and Tommy would have carried on drinking together, instead Tommy ended up butchering the fucker!
Those few little words can make all the difference.
Is CJ a made guy?

I was eleven in 87

Looks like definitive proof lameiras stopped probably enough for the ref to stop the game as in the regulations

I've watched that footage ten times now and I don't think Lamerias stopped because of the whistle*, I think he checked and turned as he was going forward as he thought our player was going to get the ball and play it to him.

* Don't agree with the whistles at all apart from their original intention in the Sheffield game, but that's gone now and they should be stopped.

Nick

Administrator
I've watched that footage ten times now and I don't think Lamerias stopped because of the whistle*, I think he checked and turned as he was going forward as he thought our player was going to get the ball and play it to him.

* Don't agree with the whistles at all apart from their original intention in the Sheffield game, but that's gone now and they should be stopped.
Yes, but the other player stopped.

standupforcity

Yes I think you're right about Lameiras...he anticipated Reilly getting the ball and passing it to him, but Reilly ( I think it's Reilly) slipped.

Grendel

Statements go out to the press at the same time as they go out to members. The person that writes and issues them is currently at work so is unable to alter it at present. I will pass on the feedback though.

Is it fisher who writes them? The condescending sneer seems just the type of sound bite he'd indulge in

Grendel

Yes I think you're right about Lameiras...he anticipated Reilly getting the ball and passing it to him, but Reilly ( I think it's Reilly) slipped.

Let's be honest Lameries was probably running the other way just to avoid even the remotest possibility of physical contact with an opposition player.

What a pathetic specimen he is.

D

Deleted member 4439

for fucks sake, there must be an insider here who can ask Reilly whether (a) he heard a whistle, (b) he stopped because it he thought it was the ref's whistle, (c) he got caught off guard by the miscued ball, or (d) he just fucked up - and so put us out of our collective/categorised misery.

clint van damme

Let's be honest Lameries was probably running the other way just to avoid even the remotest possibility of physical contact with an opposition player.

What a pathetic specimen he is.

from the little of seen of how Slade operates I think his opportunities will be limited. Surprised he brought him on yesterday.

Gosford Green

A statement from the trust about whistles gets pulled to peices by predictable parties.

That's a statement about whistles just to reiterate and highlight the triviality of the issue.

Dig at anything the trust does but attempt to deflect anything that puts the clubs owners on the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread