Idiots with the whistles (2 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

I always thought it was illegal to take a whistle into a football ground.

Nick

Administrator
The whistle did nothing other than ruin the game.
If I'm confused in Block 20 then the players must be.
I say the players stop and start and a little later they scored their second goal.
Who ever it was is a moron and I'm surprised those around him let him get away with it.
Exactly!

cloughie

This isn't when the whistle was blown (nor when the hesitation was) when sky blues playe release the full highlights tomorrow have a proper look! When the awful shot from Bolton came in (the one that was closer to going for a throw than in the back of the net), it bobbled between Riley and Sterry, who both stopped and looked at each other because of a whistle!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Exactly that is what happened I saw it clearly the ball in was a miss kick and they didn't expect it the way it came in

torchomatic

What have I just fucking said I and others didn't hear a whistle if you and others did fair enough. What do you want me to say,yes I heard it when I didn't ?

Heard it clearly in block 17. Not just me but others round us too. Also people moaning about it outside the ground. It happened, but am sure they'll be many who will still throw a wobbly in denial about it though.

Nick

Administrator
What have I just fucking said I and others didn't hear a whistle if you and others did fair enough. What do you want me to say,yes I heard it when I didn't ?
Might want to get hearing tested then, heard it clearly in 23 ;)

Maybe just come out and say it's wrong rather than trying to pretend it didn't happen?

clint van damme

Heard it clearly in block 17. Not just me but others round us too. Also people moaning about it outside the ground. It happened, but am sure they'll be many who will still throw a wobbly about it though.

the people outside moaning must have been sisu lovers!!

torchomatic

pastythegreat

That's correct in terms of the timing - but my reading at the time was that the two players paused because they thought the other was going for the ball.

I don't know, and we may never know for sure, but given that whistles were being blown all second half with seemingly no impact on the players, it may have been coincidental and it was genuinely just a moment of confusion.
I did say in another post it could of been hesitation, but it just seemed too coincidental! Whistles were blowing yes, but this time (for me) was just one whistle on its own (as apposed to 10 or 15) at the wrong moment! Suppose the players are the only one that will ever truly know! Will they come out and say? Maybe not as it would look like bad relations with the fans, but it needs to stop also!

Nick

Administrator
I did say in another post it could of been hesitation, but it just seemed too coincidental! Whistles were blowing yes, but this time (for me) was just one whistle on its own (as apposed to 10 or 15) at the wrong moment! Suppose the players are the only one that will ever truly know! Will they come out and say? Maybe not as it would look like bad relations with the fans, but it needs to stop also!

Exactly, it was much clearer and sounded like the ref. It happened a few times through the game.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Maybe just come out and say it's wrong rather than trying to pretend it didn't happen?
Where have I pretended that it didn't happen? I said I didn't hear it in block 16 there is still some noise from the fans you know people yelling get on close him down that sort of stuff along with sky blue army city till I die singing the sky blues song etc. I said I didn't hear it not that it didn't happen

theferret

I don't think anyone is pretending anything. I genuinely didn't hear it, and it was not mentioned by anyone around me, or by the people I was with. Clearly though, people did hear it, and they are not making it up. What I am not sure about either way is whether it led to the goal. My reading, being a lot closer to it and almost directly in line (block 23 is a long way away after all ;)) is that it didn't, but I might be wrong.

covman

Heard it clearly in block 17. Not just me but others round us too. Also people moaning about it outside the ground. It happened, but am sure they'll be many who will still throw a wobbly in denial about it though.

Are you sure it's not the tinnitus?

torchomatic

dadgad

Don't fans whistle for the whistle after 90 mins? This is customary, isn't it?
BBC, website ses goal scored, 90+1, how does anyone know why the whistle was blown?

pastythegreat

So it was several minutes before the goal then??? Wow! That's conclusive then.
I'm glad you were paying attention to the game today! Maybe your whistle had you preoccupied but how was that shot "several minutes" before their goal?? I'm not getting into stupid arguments with stupid ppl who don't know what they're arguing about! Watch the full highlights on Sky Blues Player and then tell me that shit was "minutes" before their goal! As apposed to directly leading up to it as it happened

covman

This is far too sensible to be on here! Please leave now.

pastythegreat

Heard it load and clear back row block 21! As did about 20 people (who stood and shouted in block 16 direction) around me

Grendel

Are you sure it's not the tinnitus?

Oh piss off. No doubt there equaliser gave you a semi but understand there are some fans who care for the club.

letsallsingtogether

Plenty of fans around the ground also saw it didn't they? Others on here who disagree with most things I say included

Pipe down, if only people cared as much about the football then they do back pats and well dones.
What's all this pats and well done shit.

letsallsingtogether

Prick with a whistle cost us two points to day and i am sorry the run on the pitch for the Sheffield game cost us 2 points as it broke the concentration ( i know there wasnt a lot) of the players - so four and look where we could be - please anyone close to the twat with whistle - lump him - its not fuckin clever !
So you are asking for supporters to hit someone.
And you say their not Fucking clever!!

cov soul

Players seemed to stop just before Boltons 2nd after a flurry of whistles.
Give it a rest lads. I come to watch a game, not one that's ruined by constant whistles that must distract our players
if ref heared whistlies he should of stoped game ,then started game when in full control ,so no goal ?

letsallsingtogether

Apparently blown from the front of Block 18.
Everything with this club is wrong Nick shame you can't see it.

Nick

Administrator
So that justifies it does it?

I can hear a whistle from the other end of the stand and see it affect our players, nothing wrong with my sight. ;)

You do realise just giving it the blame sisu line doesn't just work all the time, it might distract some people.

The whole "it's the club" doesn't take away the fact a prick blew a whistle and cost us a win against a team who will be promoted this year does it? It's just a shame that's enough to make people ignore that and keep frothing.

All it's done is take any credibility away, even the Bolton fans are laughing about it and pissed our fans off.

Still, all the club innit. It's a shame that's the default response, cj was a prime example the other day about the pie stuff.

Last edited:

Grendel

Just admit whistle blowing is wrong. Rather than avoid the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread