Is Silence Golden ? (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

SBITC do indeed do fine work and no it doesn't get enough coverage. Wasps are a threat to that but SBITC are about the only bright light in the CCFC world and should be applauded

Last published accounts for SBITC showed that CCFC itself provided some website space and match program space, 5000 vouchers that could be exchanged for tickets plus Staff kit valued at 5000 in 2015 nothing in 2014. It also cost the charity £1345 to purchase tickets off CCFC in 2015

Whilst I understand CCFC finances are tight, and I think people would prefer CCFC cash spent on the team, there is no actual cash contribution by CCFC to SBITC in 2015 or 2014 or 2013. The donations & grants are listed (- seems even CCC contributed over £32k to SBITC projects in 2015 and 11k in 2014). If there is an issue for me it is the lack of real contribution to it by CCFC which leaves open the accusation the club itself doesn't take seriously enough the importance of what SBITC does in the community

Strangely the registered office of SBITC is still the Ricoh

no mate ccfc is amazing in everything they do! if you dont agree you hate cov!

mark82

The work SBitC do is good. I do agree with CC4L though that we need to be doing more to get bums on seats in the stadium. They are 2 different issues altogether. Why not fling a few hundred free tickets out to various schools on a weekly basis. Not like we are short on spare seats. We need to be enticing young fans in for the good of the clubs future.

Nick

Administrator
2 of 3 examples where you have to be a JSB member. 2 of them where the kids have to physically go to the Ricoh. The holidays camps, as I understood, are summer camps where again you need the families to sign up and take the kids. It's true community work SBitC do which will come with some passive marketing for CCFC, Wasps are aggressively marketing themselves and rugby - we'll come to you and get in your faces. Selfish, but currently effective. Wasps have been doing the aggressive side well since they landed, Cov did it too for a few weeks before the cup final.
Please don't take my words as criticism of the people who work for SBitC nor the amazing work that they do (many of whom I guess, if not all, are volunteers) but my impression is that they are as much community schemes as they are CCFC schemes and we were really discussing the popularity of Wasps vs CCFC fo which I stand by my statement, that there's an awful lot of repair in the community that will be needed when and if we get new owners.

There is always more that can be done, I've said that a fair few times with plenty of ideas on how to help etc.

There's also a hell of a lot that seems to go unnoticed that is done. I think a lot of that is down to the PR again and the fact people just aren't interested in what is done.

covcity4life

There is always more that can be done, I've said that a fair few times.

There's also a hell of a lot that seems to go unnoticed that is done. I think a lot of that is down to the PR again and the fact people just aren't interested in what is done.

which is one of the things wasps are being praised for!

covcity4life

The work SBitC do is good. I do agree with CC4L though that we need to be doing more to get bums on seats in the stadium. They are 2 different issues altogether. Why not fling a few hundred free tickets out to various schools on a weekly basis. Not like we are short on spare seats. We need to be enticing young fans in for the good of the clubs future.

exactly!

off top of my head you could have:

Sky blue sam and a player(s) visit ONE school every GAMEWEEK to give out free tickets and take part in a school activity of some kind.

Have that school kids do lap of honour around that particular game so memories for them and their parents

then week after do the same and pick another school in coventry. being the school of the week could become something to look forward too for kids.

give out free t shirts or balls and get some photos taken by paper(observer lol)

Nick

Administrator
which is one of the things wasps are being praised for!

Their PR is piss easy, it's just not being CCFC or SISU.

A good example was when I was trying to help push that Tifosy thing where you could buy things in return for a donation and the amount of deadends that were hit because in truth people didn't really want to know.

covcity4life

Their PR is piss easy, it's just not being CCFC or SISU.

A good example was when I was trying to help push that Tifosy thing where you could buy things in return for a donation and the amount of deadends that were hit because in truth people didn't really want to know.

im not sure wasps ask for donations though as well intentioned as that sounds.

to secure new fans you might need to give a lot for free

Nick

Administrator
exactly!

off top of my head you could have:

Sky blue sam and a player(s) visit ONE school every GAMEWEEK to give out free tickets and take part in a school activity of some kind.

Have that school kids do lap of honour around that particular game so memories for them and their parents

then week after do the same and pick another school in coventry. being the school of the week could become something to look forward too for kids.

give out free t shirts or balls and get some photos taken by paper(observer lol)

Yep, that's done every week with kid's football teams at the minute already. Could also do it for schools as well.

Reminds me of when somebody was posting on here about Wasps and how it was amazing they had local kids Rugby teams at the game etc and CCFC should do it. CCFC had done it the previous home game but magically it wasn't seen.

There were talks of a new JSB area last season, not sure if anything else has happened.

covcity4life

i have only seen kids football teams walking round pitch a handful of times. is it done at half time or just before game? also with someinvestment from ccfc they could be decked out in sky blue and have flags to take home etc

im well aware ccfc have little money but that doesnt mean people shouldnt be able to praise what looks like impressive work by wasps with community. sure ccfc do some good things, no great thigns too but i dont see the branding or pr to back it up so that it makes as much of a difference.

still hope one day wasps buy us and we get to see ccfc do things right.

Nick

Administrator
i have only seen kids football teams walking round pitch a handful of times. is it done at half time or just before game? also with someinvestment from ccfc they could be decked out in sky blue and have flags to take home etc

im well aware ccfc have little money but that doesnt mean people shouldnt be able to praise what looks like impressive work by wasps with community. sure ccfc do some good things, no great thigns too but i dont see the branding or pr to back it up so that it makes as much of a difference.

The difference is you do see it, I have posted links to you every time this discussion has been raised. I can understand why somebody else wouldn't see much of what goes on though.

Most weeks there are football teams there, they go in the JSB area before the game and usually hold the flags for the players coming out. Then a lap.

The PR of it all is shite, but like I said people aren't really that interested until they can use it as a stick to beat with.

SkyBlueZack

I give up.

covcity4life

The difference is you do see it, I have posted links to you every time this discussion has been raised. I can understand why somebody else wouldn't see much of what goes on though.

Most weeks there are football teams there, they go in the JSB area before the game and usually hold the flags for the players coming out. Then a lap.

The PR of it all is shite, but like I said people aren't really that interested until they can use it as a stick to beat with.

posting links on a forum shouldnt be how people see it. i log on to talka bout ccfc not to find out latest sbitc course

i am tlaking about seeing it first hand and how it is working with fans of the future. if wasps were rlying on admin for wasps forum getting word out i dare say anyone would be talking about them right now!

you are way too defensive when it comes to ccfc/sisu. dont you dare tell me i only care as stick to beat ccfc with. it could be other way round and i would say love that our club puts wasp to shame in community still etc.

but it isnt that way it seems.

SkyBlueZack

posting links on a forum shouldnt be how people see it. i log on to talka bout ccfc not to find out latest sbitc course

i am tlaking about seeing it first hand and how it is working with fans of the future. if wasps were rlying on admin for wasps forum getting word out i dare say anyone would be talking about them right now!

you are way too defensive when it comes to ccfc/sisu. dont you dare tell me i only care as stick to beat ccfc with. it could be other way round and i would say love that our club puts wasp to shame in community still etc.

Ha. But you spout how great Wasps are and hope they buy us on a CCFC forum?!

covcity4life

@Nick just seen your links,both go to a sub forum! i didnt even know that sub forum existed! i dont click on any sub forums for the most part in general chat

you would be better served putting it in main forum.

covcity4life

Just picking up on your contradiction.

by contradicting yourself ? lol

wasps are not relying on me to say they done a good job. i dont post links for them etc. they can go fuck themselves till the day they buy us when i will do a 180 unashamedly.

nick is doing good thing by promoting sbitc. what i am saying is thats gonna hit a minority, they need to up their game a little in the war for fans of the future. as OSB says looks like no funding from ccfc, imagine what they could do with more cash?

you scoff at inflatables but i would love it if a sky blue bouncy castle at memorial park one sunny day with sky blue sam doing the rounds. laugh all you want but the kids love that stuff.

Nick

Administrator

That's what I am saying, if it was anybody else then they wouldn't know. I have however posted links directly to you when talking about the same thing but you still say you haven't seen anything.

So it goes down to people not really giving a shit.

This isn't anything to do with SISU, nice try at giving it that line though.

covcity4life

also at godiva festival last summer i saw a kiosk handing out wasps flags(not sure if free or not)

so in a sea of coventarians listening to music and having picnics i saw fucking wasps flags. would have been much fitting to see ccfc flags at coventry festival.

Nick

Administrator
wasps are not relying on me to say they done a good job. i dont post links for them etc. they can go fuck themselves till the day they buy us when i will do a 180 unashamedly.

That is another contradiction, why would it need a 180 if Wasps took us over? It would just be CCFC the same with different owners.

Nobody has said more doesn't need to be done, it's just the general attitude to what is done already.

covcity4life

That's what I am saying, if it was anybody else then they wouldn't know. I have however posted links directly to you when talking about the same thing but you still say you haven't seen anything.

So it goes down to people not really giving a shit.

This isn't anything to do with SISU, nice try at giving it that line though.

what are you talking about posting links to me directly? when?

regarding the links earlier in the thread i just responded to you to say dont put them in a sub forum as easily missed.

covcity4life

That is another contradiction, why would it need a 180 if Wasps took us over? It would just be CCFC the same with different owners.

are you dumb?

i mean a 180 in terms of me hating wasps.

the improvement in pr would be brillaint for ccfc,thats not even in question.

Nick

Administrator
what are you talking about posting links to me directly? when?

regarding the links earlier in the thread i just responded to you to say dont put them in a sub forum as easily missed.

Everytime this discussion comes up there are links posted. You are often involved in these types of discussions.

Strangely it's only when it's about not doing enough, but no mention when it's good.

Nick

Administrator
are you dumb?

i mean a 180 in terms of me hating wasps..

So you would suddenly like somebody just because they owned us?

Random.

No, I'm not dumb and that's probably your issue when you trip yourself up. You have just claimed I'm supporting SISU because I am posting about SBITC but you yourself say you would do a 180 on your dislike for Wasps if they took us over.

It isn't about the owners for me, if Wasps took us over, the council, Hoffman or anybody else I'd still be as supportive for SBITC / JSBS and that side of things as I am now.

covcity4life

Everytime this discussion comes up there are links posted. You are often involved in these types of discussions.

Strangely it's only when it's about not doing enough, but no mention when it's good.

this thread is about takeover. one poster talks about wasps and i say agree and zealots like you make it into a discussion.

you and that kid have posted links,i have told you i have BEEN ON these courses and they have many flaws

you can act like ccfc and sbitc is perfect all you want,i can only post my experiences and they all involve people walking round with flags,free tickets and kids asking to go watch wasps so that they can play in the family dome thing they have constructed.

we dont own ricoh, we cant use that dome. but maybe hiring out at7 badminton courts for a sunday once every 2 months and advertising hell out of it could help us in getting kids on board?

all just ideas, nothing to cry about.

covcity4life

So you would suddenly like somebody just because they owned us?

Random.

No, I'm not dumb and that's probably your issue when you trip yourself up. You have just claimed I'm supporting SISU because I am posting about SBITC but you yourself say you would do a 180 on your dislike for Wasps if they took us over.

It isn't about the owners for me, if Wasps took us over, the council, Hoffman or anybody else I'd still be as supportive for SBITC / JSBS and that side of things as I am now.

you are dumb nick,sorry but its true when it comes tos tuff like this

i havnt called you a sisu lover? i said i dislike wasps because they have come in and got ricoh from ccfc.i dislike that they are very good at winning fans.

but if they used those powers for benefit of ccfc? why would i hate them then.

its just like sisu, i backed them when they got out of extortinate rent with council. i will back owners of ccfc when they do good things for ccfc.

simple. do you disagree with any of that?

Nick

Administrator
this thread is about takeover. one poster talks about wasps and i say agree and zealots like you make it into a discussion.

you and that kid have posted links,i have told you i have BEEN ON these courses and they have many flaws

you can act like ccfc and sbitc is perfect all you want,i can only post my experiences and they all involve people walking round with flags,free tickets and kids asking to go watch wasps so that they can play in the family dome thing they have constructed.

we dont own ricoh, we cant use that dome. but maybe hiring out at7 badminton courts for a sunday once every 2 months and advertising hell out of it could help us in getting kids on board?

all just ideas, nothing to cry about.

I still think you are failing to read.

Nobody has said it is perfect, it is the general attitude to what is currently done.

Why is it that whenever it's "we should do more for the kids" it is always from people who then openly say they have no idea about what's being done already? There are always threads on here "why aren't ccfc going into schools" and then links / tweets get posted showing they already are.

That's not saying more couldn't be done, as I have said multiple times myself.

covcity4life

you have ignored everything i mentioned about sbitc course not having much ccfc branded etc. you just do not want to look for improvements at all(which is all i and others are doing btw) because you see that as critcism

which is defensive and weird.

Houdi

It's a sell out because it's their final league match of the season with them top vs 3rd place Saracens, just 2 points behind. In the context of domestic Rugby Union it's a huge game with the winner guaranteed a home semi final in the play offs - so don't think this is the norm yet especially as rugby pulls in a wider audience of casuals than footy does.
Last week I spoke to the deputy head of one of Coventry's schools and he said they they are still giving away hundreds of tickets per school each week and essentially have access to as many tickets as they can give away each game, Wasps also come into the school and run regular training sessions with the kids. It's turned what was a state inner city school who played a bit of footy into a school with a passion for rugby union who are now beating the likes of Bablake/Henrys at various age groups. Wasps have had to do all this because of their invasion into our community and their desperation to lay roots here but it was sickening for me to listen to as a Cov fan in comparison to what CCFC have been doing at the same time, which appear to have been very much token gestures. There's an awful lot of repair in the community that will be needed when and if we get new owners.
Don't disagree with a lot of that. Of course I understand its a big game, but in future its seems they are going to have a lot more big games. The fact remains they have been here just over 2 years, and they can now attract sell out crowds already. Go back 3 to 4 years ago, and if anyone on here had predicted a rugby club from 100 miles away would be playing to near sell out crowds, he/she would have been ridiculed.
You would hope if we were doing well in the Premiership we could attract similar support, but under these owners most fans feel the only direction we are heading is non league. Of course no one should belittle the great efforts played by Sky Blues in the community, but it is success on the field which is the main factor in increasing or maintaining support.
Right now what we as supporters are having to endure is depressing beyond belief, and the pain is made worse by comparison by just how well Wasps are doing. Most of us don't like it,but Wasps right now seem to be getting an awful lot right,whilst we stagger on from 1 disaster to another.
Northampton Rugby are clearly the biggest team in Northampton,and we are slowly sleepwalking to the same fate. It wouldn't feel so bad if that rugby team was the one who bears the City's name.

Nick

Administrator
you are dumb nick,sorry but its true when it comes tos tuff like this

i havnt called you a sisu lover? i said i dislike wasps because they have come in and got ricoh from ccfc.i dislike that they are very good at winning fans.

but if they used those powers for benefit of ccfc? why would i hate them then.

its just like sisu, i backed them when they got out of extortinate rent with council. i will back owners of ccfc when they do good things for ccfc.

simple. do you disagree with any of that?

Strange, again you can't seem to read or remember. You have just tried to give it the defending SISU line because I was talking about SBITC.

Why throw that line around and then go on about backing owners?

covcity4life

I still think you are failing to read.

Nobody has said it is perfect, it is the general attitude to what is currently done.

Why is it that whenever it's "we should do more for the kids" it is always from people who then openly say they have no idea about what's being done already? There are always threads on here "why aren't ccfc going into schools" and then links / tweets get posted showing they already are.

That's not saying more couldn't be done, as I have said multiple times myself.

the question is why do we know about wasps doing so much but not ccfc? they are clearly doing something right!

ccfc need to improve in that area. parents i know never talka bout stuff they send their kids too that are ccfc related. maybe its just my circle of friends and associates? maybe others can post their experiences, will be interesting to hear.

covcity4life

i dont remember calling you a sisu lover in this thread nick? and you have backed sisu in previous threads like final dvd and should fisher leave etc. everyones entitled to their opinion. as i have said i have been called sisu lover before many many times.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Heard the depressing news this morning that Wasps are expecting a near sell out for their game this weekend. A lot of fans on here clung to the notion that when they got here the fans were only going because of the novelty factor, or because they gave out free tickets. Well unfortunately the novelty factor doesn't seem to have worn off. People accuse the CT of covering them a lot, but even the' Les Reid' Observer gives them big coverage. Even local TV sport cover them a lot,the only time apart from Wembley we seem to get a mention is with our ongoing protest against SISU.
The brutal reality is that Wasps can probably claim to be the number 1 sporting team in our City. We are fast becoming like the town of Northampton,where the Rugby team play at the top level,in a relatively big stadium, with biggish crowds, and the football team play at the lower levels in a virtual non league ground with small crowds.
The worry is that the gap between us and Wasps is only going to get bigger. In time younger people will just assume they are a Coventry team and not a franchise, and there seems little prospect of their team struggling.
I imagine this weekend they will take more non ticket revenue that they get from the rent we pay. SISU are talking of us building a 12,000 seater ground at the Butts, even if you swallow this fantasy what does this say about our future. That is why we so desperately need new owners, before we end up in non league and total obscurity.

Wasps can probably claim to be the number 1 sporting team in our City

They can try BUT clearly its NOT true.

Users who are viewing this thread