Is Silence Golden ? (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
the question is why do we know about wasps doing so much but not ccfc? they are clearly doing something right!

ccfc need to improve in that area. parents i know never talka bout stuff they send their kids too that are ccfc related. maybe its just my circle of friends and associates? maybe others can post their experiences, will be interesting to hear.

Because people don't give a shit, that's why and it's what I am saying.

Look at the kid's party threads as a perfect example, do you see people who bang on about not doing enough for the kids on those? They are usually full of parents saying how great they are.

Then a few weeks later, the people saying how not enough is done who have happened to miss those threads go on about not enough being done again.

There's no argument that more could be done, I have said that over and over with ideas.

You yourself are saying you don't know what's done and I have put great examples right in front of you multiple times and you still don't know.

At what point is it just a case of not giving a shit really?

Nick

Administrator
i dont remember calling you a sisu lover in this thread nick? and you have backed sisu in previous threads like final dvd and should fisher leave etc. everyones entitled to their opinion. as i have said i have been called sisu lover before many many times.

No, you were on about defending them.

I still think you are struggling to read things, especially as I made a thread / essay with the first major point being Fisher leaving... People miss these things because they see somebody say "stop defending sisu" and get all excited.

The same as the thread where I said Joy's statement was pure bullshit and somebody still tried to argue it.

When CCFC do PR / Marketing it is because of desperation / begging. When Wasps do it it's genius.

covcity4life

because the threads on a sub forum!!!!!!! put them in main forum

also word of mouth is still an issue. i never hear these parties talked aout around the water cooler so to speak. are they solely for jsbs? we need to try get fans who dont yet support ccfc and go to games already

once again i stress this is looking for improvements and not putting down community work already done.

covcity4life

No, you were on about defending them.

I still think you are struggling to read things, especially as I made a thread / essay with the first major point being Fisher leaving... People miss these things because they see somebody say "stop defending sisu" and get all excited.

The same as the thread where I said Joy's statement was pure bullshit and somebody still tried to argue it.
by same token you get excited when throwing in jibes like people only comment when they want to put foot in

which wa sbang out of order as i posted all my personal experiences and gave ideas how i would imrpove ccfc side of things.

even if some of the stuff mentioned is already done it is harsh to say i was trying to bitch about ccfc for the sake of it or because i enjoy it.

i love ccfc remember. i want them to take this city over again

Nick

Administrator
by same token you get excited when throwing in jibes like people only comment when they want to put foot in

which wa sbang out of order as i posted all my personal experiences and gave ideas how i would imrpove ccfc side of things.

even if some of the stuff mentioned is already done it is harsh to say i was trying to bitch about ccfc for the sake of it or because i enjoy it.

i love ccfc remember. i want them to take this city over again

No, it's not saying about giving a shit about CCFC. It's about saying they don't really give a shit about the community stuff.

I have put links / tweets / images right in front of people, there have been threads like this about what they do with plenty of examples and people still claim to not know.

I can understand people without the internet not knowing, I am only referring to people on here.

This thread is a good example - Community Day of Action

People aren't really that arsed at the end of the day. That isn't saying more couldn't be done, it's just the struggle they face from the PR side of it.

I've said myself in multiple threads "if I was in charge" I'd take over every school in the city, my point is about now how people only seem arsed if it's to be able to say "nothing is done" but then ignoring the things that are done.

covcity4life

No, it's not saying about giving a shit about CCFC. It's about saying they don't really give a shit about the community stuff.

I have put links / tweets / images right in front of people, there have been threads like this about what they do with plenty of examples and people still claim to not know.

I can understand people without the internet not knowing, I am only referring to people on here.

you have put links on a sub forum. . you cannot expect lots of replies.

i have not once said they dont give shit about community stuff,i said i dont hear/see it much as i do wasps stuff. i am talking about general public and how the impact ccfc is having.i have given lots of examples of this. their is work to be done. links to an event does not mean everythings ok as it seems the actualy community have no idea half this stuff is being done

my wife has worked at 2 coventry schools and has seen wasps give free tickets. never had anything from ccfc. to celebrate checkatrade trophy they made a celebration party but ccfc were not involved. its stuff like this that i would like to see improved and no internet links will change these facts.

first things first as mark said earlier is make free tickets for schools a regular thing. it will not hurt the club at all.

Grendel

i have not once said they dont give shit about community stuff,i said i dont hear/see it much as i do wasps stuff. i am talking about general public and how the impact ccfc is having.i have given lots of examples of this. their is work to be done. links to an event does not mean everythings ok as it seems the actualy community have no idea half this stuff is being done

my wife has worked at 2 coventry schools and has seen wasps give free tickets. never had anything from ccfc. to celebrate checkatrade trophy they made a celebration party but ccfc were not involved. its stuff like this that i would like to see improved and no internet links will change these facts.

first things first as mark said earlier is make free tickets for schools a regular thing. it will not hurt the club at all.

This is awareness marketing and brand building - these strategies are needed by Wasps but not by CCFC

Nick

Administrator

I'm not even talking about the links in the sub forum... You can't even really understand which ones I am getting at which shows how much interest you had ;)

I am only using the example of people on here where I know 100% they have seen a thread or replied to it where I have embedded images showing what's being done and they still don't know. If somebody says "nothing is done" or "ccfc should go into schools" and I reply saying "this is done look, they are going to schools" and they still don't claim to know then what do people expect?

It's not saying things can't be done or improved, they always can.

My point is that people aren't really interested until it comes to the "nothing is done" type argument or when it's Wasps. The day of action thread is a perfect example.

I have tried to push their tifosy thing to help them out, I saw how much of a battle it was to get people to give a shit. I saw how local media aren't interested unless there is something for them in it all.

To do that I had a targetted database of 6000 CCFC fans, twitter, a website with ccfc fans visiting and it was a massive struggle as people weren't really that fussed in general. Dread to think what it would be like trying to market something cold from their perspective. Granted, some people were and bought some stuff though :)

Disclaimer: This is not saying they shouldn't / couldn't do more. I have said that myself multiple times with ideas.

Esoterica

best thing SBITC did was put me on their flyers. i looked like fat ronaldo though.
that better not be aimed at me as i am no wasps fan. just can see what they do works and is making an impact on the new generation.

i have been on Sbitc course and other than a free cov city water bottle you could be mistaken for having no clue it was run by ccfc tbh. also the people that ran it stopped caring after a month and it fell apart.

i hear they do good stuff of course but i wonder why i only hear kids yapping about wasps these days? is it simply because cov are in lower leagues?
Is there a possibility these 2 events were intrinsically linked?

covcity4life

these links were never sent to me. also other than typing "good stuff" i am not sure what sort of comments are expected.

i dont make habit of talking about wasps vs ccfc hardly at all, another guy brought it up and gave my 2 cents on it. i have given enough to detail to ensure it isnt a case of just sticking the foot in

when i have adults come up to me and say oh there is an open day at ryton for kids tommrow etc rather than took the kids to wasps dome, then i will be happy. links to stuff they have done which seems to have only reached a minority is not the same for me. but i am still grateful for it and happy they are doing it.

Nick

Administrator
these links were never sent to me. also other than typing "good stuff" i am not sure what sort of comments are expected.

i dont make habit of talking about wasps vs ccfc hardly at all, another guy brought it up and gave my 2 cents on it. i have given enough to detail to ensure it isnt a case of just sticking the foot in

when i have adults come up to me and say oh there is an open day at ryton for kids tommrow etc rather than took the kids to wasps dome, then i will be happy. links to stuff they have done which seems to have only reached a minority is not the same for me. but i am still grateful for it and happy they are doing it.

No, I am not saying sent directly to you in your lap. They were on a thread that you read, but you still say you don't know anything about it...

People don't really listen and take it on board when they do get told, that's my point.

covcity4life

why dont you just post the thread? i could have clicked on it by accident an right back out after all. sounds very conspiracy theory to me.

also maybe i did read it(cant remmeber of course, maybe i thought oh thats good, maybe i just didnt write a reply? maybe i was busy? maybe i was on my phone etc)

if was always writing pro wasps posts i could understand your point but i am more likely to call them pricks than praise them

i just wish ccfc advertised themselves like they do. and i still think the community is a warzone right now and whilst sbitc clearly do alot(once again i stress i have been on course for months) there is lots of improvement needed still.

Nick

Administrator
why dont you just post the thread? i could have clicked on it by accident an right back out after all. sounds very conspiracy theory to me.

also maybe i did read it(cant remmeber of course, maybe i thought oh thats good, maybe i just didnt write a reply? maybe i was busy? maybe i was on my phone etc)

if was always writing pro wasps posts i could understand your point but i am more likely to call them pricks than praise them

i just wish ccfc advertised themselves like they do. and i still think the community is a warzone right now and whilst sbitc clearly do alot(once again i stress i have been on course for months) there is lots of improvement needed still.

I have already posted the most recent thread about it that you have read.

There is no conspiracy theory, but from a PR side I am just pointing out the massive struggle they have.

If SBITC went on a massive PR overdrive tomorrow what would happen?

"SISU have got them to do this to hide their fuck ups"
"they are desperate for business, boycott is working"
"SISU puppets"

CCFC go into schools it would be the same.

covcity4life

I have already posted the most recent thread about it that you have read.

There is no conspiracy theory, but from a PR side I am just pointing out the massive struggle they have.

I agree but wasps are not relying on wasps forums to capture the city so why are we? Its too easy to blame the fans for not giving a shit about a internet link.

Thr parents who go on about wasps dont even like rugby so itd not a fan thing.

Nick

Administrator
I agree but wasps are not relying on wasps forums to capture the city so why are we? Its too easy to blame the fans for not giving a shit about a internet link.

Thr parents who go on about wasps dont even like rugby so itd not a fan thing.

You still don't get it.

I am only talking about examples on here, I have already said people not on here wouldn't know due to PR.

I'm not saying this forum is the whole PR outlet for SBITC, as it clearly isn't. I am saying people aren't really that fussed about what they do and they don't get recognition for what they do but they suddenly become experts when it's a negative about "what do they do for the kids" etc.

Esoterica

This is awareness marketing and brand building - these strategies are needed by Wasps but not by CCFC
We're at our lowest point for decades in the 4th tier of English football, fighting the invasive parasites on one hand and the bright lights of the PL on the other, with our leadership coming from the most hated owners in our history. I think our brand is at its lowest ebb and desperately needs some brand building however it probably is pointless now under SISU. Too late and too far gone.

fernandopartridge

Heard the depressing news this morning that Wasps are expecting a near sell out for their game this weekend. A lot of fans on here clung to the notion that when they got here the fans were only going because of the novelty factor, or because they gave out free tickets. Well unfortunately the novelty factor doesn't seem to have worn off. People accuse the CT of covering them a lot, but even the' Les Reid' Observer gives them big coverage. Even local TV sport cover them a lot,the only time apart from Wembley we seem to get a mention is with our ongoing protest against SISU.
The brutal reality is that Wasps can probably claim to be the number 1 sporting team in our City. We are fast becoming like the town of Northampton,where the Rugby team play at the top level,in a relatively big stadium, with biggish crowds, and the football team play at the lower levels in a virtual non league ground with small crowds.
The worry is that the gap between us and Wasps is only going to get bigger. In time younger people will just assume they are a Coventry team and not a franchise, and there seems little prospect of their team struggling.
I imagine this weekend they will take more non ticket revenue that they get from the rent we pay. SISU are talking of us building a 12,000 seater ground at the Butts, even if you swallow this fantasy what does this say about our future. That is why we so desperately need new owners, before we end up in non league and total obscurity.

Our future is playing in front of 12k. Look at the absolutely pathetic turnout against Charlton.

Where SISU won't do it, we need to step up to the plate. The boycotts are allowing the club to drift into obscurity in the same way that SISU are. Portsmouth got a lot of coverage of their excellent crowds in L2, what do we do? Some fools seem to think a mass boycott will get publicity, it won't. What good will a boycott do?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Our future is playing in front of 12k. Look at the absolutely pathetic turnout against Charlton.

Where SISU won't do it, we need to step up to the plate. The boycotts are allowing the club to drift into obscurity in the same way that SISU are. Portsmouth got a lot of coverage of their excellent crowds in L2, what do we do? Some fools seem to think a mass boycott will get publicity, it won't. What good will a boycott do?
There is no boycott people aren't going because they don't enjoy it anymore.

SkyBlueZack

Boycotts have been mentioned. Forcing the club into admin has been mentioned. Not buying a ST until the early bird deadline to put pressure on SISU. All been mentioned. All get the usual backing.

You're right, people don't enjoy it anymore. Problem is they don't just say that, they portray that they are on some sort of moral crusade.

fernandopartridge

More people I talk to mention that they're not going until "They've gone" than say it's for any other reason, in the same breath talking about going away games. Some people even go on about going to watch Coventry United. If they don't enjoy football in the third tier, why would they enjoy it four or five levels further down?

Nick

Administrator
Silence is probably better.

Although this is the pattern:

"We haven't heard anything, make an announcement or statement"
"They only did that announcement / statement to sell season tickets"

I'm personally happy with no talks of takeovers if nothing is actually going on.

Esoterica

You still don't get it.

I am only talking about examples on here, I have already said people not on here wouldn't know due to PR.

I'm not saying this forum is the whole PR outlet for SBITC, as it clearly isn't. I am saying people aren't really that fussed about what they do and they don't get recognition for what they do but they suddenly become experts when it's a negative about "what do they do for the kids" etc.
But that's community work in a nutshell, it's not done for recognition or praise, although it is nice when it happens. Unfortunately human nature means most people don't give a damn unless themselves or someone close to them have been affected by it i.e. the parents on your referenced xmas party thread. As OSB demonstrated, SBitC is CCFC in virtually name only and the correct terminology for what we were discussing, as Grendel clarified, was brand building and awareness marketing. Something which is deemed surplus to requirements by our ownership.

Nick

Administrator
But that's community work in a nutshell, it's not done for recognition or praise, although it is nice when it happens. Unfortunately human nature means most people don't give a damn unless themselves or someone close to them have been affected by it i.e. the parents on your referenced xmas party thread. As OSB demonstrated, SBitC is CCFC in virtually name only and the correct terminology for what we were discussing, as Grendel clarified, was brand building and awareness marketing. Something which is deemed surplus to requirements by our ownership.

I agree, our marketing and communication is dog shit.

What I don't get is why it's so bad? Yes it would be nice to have a massive marketing dept but so many things can be done without a budget with a bit of thinking, what do the people do all day?

I can understand resources, but is Fisher really going to veto things that could be done for free? That's what I don't get.

There is a Sky Blue Sam suit sat unused for 4 days a week, there are sheets of JSB vouchers. What physically is stopping somebody from switching on and putting 2 and 2 together? There are qualified people doing the job.

I don't know who does Sky Blue Sam now, but to a youngish person then minimum wage, fuel, free ccfc season ticket + tracksuit wouldn't be too bad at all for driving about to schools and handing out leaflets and having pictures taken all day would it? Same with standing at Gallagher Retail / Coombe Abbey on a niceish day. Could probably even give them targets and a bit of a bonus to drive them on.

There have been shit loads of threads with people who are more than likely unqualified like me writing pages and pages of decent marketing / PR ideas that are either very cheap or free.

What's stopping them from doing a CCFC Birthday Package where they take the speedshot and sky blue sam and get an agreement with somewhere (Connexions even) for the location? Again that's not something the owners would do, that's the team below.

I can understand tight resources, but it just needs clever thinking. Yes people can say "Joy doesn't care" but surely the marketing staff do?

letsallsingtogether

Because people don't give a shit, that's why and it's what I am saying.

Look at the kid's party threads as a perfect example, do you see people who bang on about not doing enough for the kids on those? They are usually full of parents saying how great they are.

Then a few weeks later, the people saying how not enough is done who have happened to miss those threads go on about not enough being done again.

There's no argument that more could be done, I have said that over and over with ideas.

You yourself are saying you don't know what's done and I have put great examples right in front of you multiple times and you still don't know.

At what point is it just a case of not giving a shit really?
Nick there are a lot of us who have grown up children or none at all.
How can we comment if they are doing a good job or not.
All I know is it used to be quite good 10 years ago when my son used to attend.
Remember being given 50 free tickets for a match at Highfield Road.
Oh those were the days.

Nick

Administrator
Nick there are a lot of us who have grown up children or none at all.
How can we comment if they are doing a good job or not.
All I know is it used to be quite good 10 years ago when my son used to attend.
Remember being given 50 free tickets for a Premiership match at Highfield Road.
Oh those were the days.

I know you can't comment on your experiences of what they do for the kids but you still can surely see others feedback and posts before starting with the "they dont do anything" stuff? Which is why I use on here as an example. I can understand why somebody without the internet or kids wouldn't know.

covcity4life

You still don't get it.

your doing it again. experts in quotation marks lol. its like your personally insulted.

no one is acting an expert. just giving their honest opinions. the matters you link too are clearly not as relevant as you think as wider community is not being impacted by those events. However they are a good starting place to improve on though, not starting from scratch.

as for posters ignoring them i think its just a case of it not being that interesting to get clicks and replies, how to improve something however is just more of a discussion point quite frankly.

and you have not responded to lack of branding at organisation sbitc course that i mentioned. do you only like to talk about positives when it comes to sbitc?

of cours ei am sure wasps have some flaws in their set up too. but i dont care about them, i just wanna see ccfc's improve.

Esoterica

I agree, our marketing and communication is dog shit.

What I don't get is why it's so bad? Yes it would be nice to have a massive marketing dept but so many things can be done without a budget with a bit of thinking, what do the people do all day?

I can understand resources, but is Fisher really going to veto things that could be done for free? That's what I don't get.

There is a Sky Blue Sam suit sat unused for 4 days a week, there are sheets of JSB vouchers. What physically is stopping somebody from switching on and putting 2 and 2 together? There are qualified people doing the job.

There have been shit loads of threads with people who are more than likely unqualified like me writing pages and pages of decent marketing / PR ideas that are either very cheap or free.

I can understand tight resources, but it just needs clever thinking. Yes people can say "Joy doesn't care" but surely the marketing staff do?
Are they qualified? I thought they'd offered a barely minimum wage salary. (and I truly mean no disrespect to Laura). Simply, there is no vision at the club from top down - from the way they released the season ticket prices, scouting, contract handling, player sale handling etc which is why it's easy to jump to the conclusion that Brylowes succinctly drew - they don't give a shit about fans past, present or future.

covcity4life

If SBITC went on a massive PR overdrive tomorrow what would happen?

"SISU have got them to do this to hide their fuck ups"
"they are desperate for business, boycott is working"
"SISU puppets"

CCFC go into schools it would be the same.

paranoia and once again this is why you have your reputation now.
giphy.gif

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Boycotts have been mentioned. Forcing the club into admin has been mentioned. Not buying a ST until the early bird deadline to put pressure on SISU. All been mentioned. All get the usual backing.

You're right, people don't enjoy it anymore. Problem is they don't just say that, they portray that they are on some sort of moral crusade.
You're right just as some who keep on about buying one. If you want one buy one if you don't then don't. Neither option makes anyone a hero

Nick

Administrator
Are they qualified? I thought they'd offered a barely minimum wage salary. (and I truly mean no disrespect to Laura). Simply, there is no vision at the club from top down - from the way they released the season ticket prices, scouting, contract handling, player sale handling etc which is why it's easy to jump to the conclusion that Brylowes succinctly drew - they don't give a shit about fans past, present or future.

She isn't marketing I don't think, she is comms (I agree sort of the same thing). Even she is qualified and experienced in the same job.

There is a head of marketing, head of corporate sales as well which I assume would link into it.

If people on an internet website can brainstorm plenty of things that can be done for free / very cheaply then why can't they? I understand money is tight, that's why I'm not saying get an advert during X factor etc.

Users who are viewing this thread