Is the Butts deal imminent? (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

But why is it "better"?

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Top class stadium in line with where we want to be.
More cost effective option and BPA has too many issues to get it up to 25/30,000 it needs to be.

Grendel

Top class stadium in line with where we want to be.
More cost effective option and BPA has too many issues to get it up to 25/30,000 it needs to be.
So you do know the Wasps offer. What is it - surely you have a duty to tell a very concerned fanbase?

clint van damme

I just keep on stating the obvious.
You guys swallow their every word and attempt to justify it.
Meanwhile Sisu get away with keeping us firmly in D1 for reasons yet to become apparent.
Wish I could see the detail in the accounts it might give a clue.
we had a great chance to get out of L1 last season. Are you suggesting SISU somehow engineered our slump?

italiahorse

Have you seen the financial forecasts for both scenarios then? Would be nice if you could share them with the rest of us.

No one has. But thats why it is stupid to get on the BPA bus. In your case drive it, with Torch as conductor and Grendel as Blakey.

Samo

Don't think they want to keep giving wasps money, just keep playing at the Ricoh while
paying a reasonable rent.

But that scenario means the slow death of our club Bry. A 'reasonable' rent is not enough.

italiahorse

we had a great chance to get out of L1 last season. Are you suggesting SISU somehow engineered our slump?

Since you ask, yes.
They should have took a chance at Xmas when we were up there.
We lacked variation with a limited squad and got found out.

Samo

To be honest none of them stops our slow death.
Just think the Ricoh is the best option from where we are and at least we have some street cred left.
I think my jaw actually dropped! :bored:

Grendel

No one has. But thats why it is stupid to get on the BPA bus. In your case drive it, with Torch as conductor and Grendel as Blakey.
Sadly you are Olive.

The Reverend Skyblue

It's obvious surely the club will die a slow and pitiful death if we stay at the Ricoh. At least the Butts gives us a chance to survive and maybe one day prosper.
I get more anti Ricoh by the day,
Let's the insects have it, fill it with black and gold seats and survive on ten home games with an average of 6000 a season ,because once it settles down and the insect fans from London and Wycombe get truely fed up of travelling 100 miles each way they will find a club nearer home to watch.
I can't wait to see those bastards struggle to survive, whilst by then we would have made a fresh start and start to prosper without them and the fucking council, and can stick two fingers up to both of them for good.

chiefdave

Nobody is on a bus or driving it. People like the idea of a city centre stadium, that's about it. All people are saying is don't rule it out and lets see some detail of how it compares against staying at the Ricoh.

italiahorse

It's obvious surely the club will die a slow and pitiful death if we stay at the Ricoh. At least the Butts gives us a chance to survive and maybe one day prosper.
I get more anti Ricoh by the day,
Let's the insects have it, fill it with black and gold seats and survive on ten home games with an average of 6000 a season ,because once it settles down and the insect fans from London and Wycombe get truely fed up of travelling 100 miles each way they will find a club nearer home to watch.
I can't wait to see those bastards struggle to survive, whilst by then we would have made a fresh start and start to prosper without them and the fucking council, and can stick two fingers up to both of them for good.

So CCFC leave because you hate Wasps? It's an option I suppose.

Brylowes

But that scenario means the slow death of our club Bry. A 'reasonable' rent is not enough.
I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure it isn't the BPA, been there loads of times(not games)
And nothing about it makes me think a 25-000 seat stadium is possible.
The access vehicular & pedestrian, the close proximity of residential dwellings and even closer
existing buildings & railway line . But most of all the footprint it sits on, the build itself would be
a logistical and engineering nightmare, and then to think they want to do it once, complete it
And then go back a few years later and do it again, just don't think it's possible.

If they came up with proper plans and costings, for a realistic site even just outside Coventry,
someone mentioned Browns lane, Allseley the other night .
Plenty of room there for stadium, acadamy and all the revenue producing extras, now I would
Get behind something like that.
Sadly I don't believe they have the money or the inclination to build a new stadium, and I dread
to think where we are going to end up.

Samo

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure it isn't the BPA, been there loads of times(not games)
The access vehicular & pedestrian, the close proximity of residential dwellings and even closer
existing buildings & railway line . But most of all the footprint it sits on, the build itself would be
a logistical and engineering nightmare, and then to think they want to do it once, complete it
And then go back a few years later and do it again, just don't think it's possible.

If they came up with proper plans and costings, for a realistic site even just outside Coventry,
Plenty of room there for stadium, acadamy and all the revenue producing extras, now I would
Sadly I don't believe they have the money or the inclination to build a new stadium, and I dread

And I am not saying that BPA is the answer, just that the Ricoh is certainly not, that ship has sailed!

Gynnsthetonic

The whole point of the Butts is its central accessable for home fans,Browns Lane would be just the same as the Ricoh, a soulless bowl stuck in the middle of nowhere, football is about heritage and tradition, a city centre stadium where the majority of stadiums are located gives fans a sense of belonging. A 15000 to 25000 is ample for the football club going on our history of attendance, you don't need a stadium of 32000 to be relatively successful look at the capacities of recent premier clubs,WBA, Palace,Norwich,Burnley, Watford,Stoke, Swansea, Blackpool, Reading, Hull, Bournemouth, Fulham. The club is dead at the Ricoh a new town centre stadium i hope would bring it back to life!

Brylowes

And I am not saying that BPA is the answer, just that the Ricoh is certainly not, that ship has sailed!
Agree but we need a realistic path to follow, if we go BPA I think we will be stuck there in
some temporary stands for years to come.
I'd rather be stuck at the Ricoh, until something gives, which it will eventually.

Brylowes

The whole point of the Butts is its central accessable for home fans,Browns Lane would be just the same as the Ricoh, a soulless bowl stuck in the middle of nowhere, football is about heritage and tradition, a city centre stadium where the majority of stadiums are located gives fans a sense of belonging. A 15000 to 25000 is ample for the football club going on our history of attendance, you don't need a stadium of 32000 to be relatively successful look at the capacities of recent premier clubs,WBA, Palace,Norwich,Burnley, Watford,Stoke, Swansea, Blackpool, Reading, Hull, Bournemouth, Fulham. The club is dead at the Ricoh a new town centre stadium i hope would bring it back to life!
Of course the city centre is the place to be, but only if there's a suitable site, honestly think
You would be hard pressed to fit a 15-000 seat stadium at the BPA.
What about the site in foleshil that was mentioned earlier, could that be a goer?

Gynnsthetonic

Agree but we need a realistic path to follow, if we go BPA I think we will be stuck there in
I'd rather be stuck at the Ricoh, until something gives, which it will eventually.
The planning application for a new stadium is a nightmare ask Brighton fans, people talk about the LTI site on the Holyhead Rd and the Courtaulds site on the Foleshill Rd both great locations but the stumbling block would be it would be a NEW stadium. The Butts is an existing stadium with lease in place and outline planning to expand!

italiahorse

The planning application for a new stadium is a nightmare ask Brighton fans, people talk about the LTI site on the Holyhead Rd and the Courtaulds site on the Foleshill Rd both great locations but the stumbling block would be it would be a NEW stadium. The Butts is an existing stadium with lease in place and outline planning to expand!

I have no problem if the stadium can be expanded to 25,000 + in a timely manner

Samo

And what happens if it does? Or if it doesn't? We can't wait forever. As Chief Dave pointed out earlier, sometimes you can't go directly to your desired outcome. Sometimes you have to take the only available alternative to the shit you are in and worry about the long term later.

Brylowes

Doesn't mean we should jump in with both feet if it doesn't work for our needs.

Kingokings204

Yes agreed. I think BPA and the timing to it coming out stinks to high heaven of a bargaining chip and pr tool being used. end of the season just lost another appeal to the appeal. Sisu have shown nothing of investing and certainly not a stadium in 9 years of being here so why now when they are trying to make us self sufficient. It's complete bluster although I appreciate it seems sensible and logical to be looking at other options. If sisu were actually serious back when we moved to sixfields the stadium may have been built by now. So nothing new is now.

The Ricoh isn't the main answer but it is the only answer for now. I rarely agree with Andy turner of the CT but watched his video on BPA and he was very angry almost about this story. Saying never will happen In a million years. I agree with him for once. It's unfair to raise the fans hope. It won't happen.

Just look at the timing to this all. Says it all. We need the Ricoh for its fantastic facilities and to attract players. Players join for the Ricoh alone sometimes. It's gives us standing in the football world. 32k seater stadia.

I applaud any alternatives but to move to a 15k stadium is nonsensical. Just a plain and simple step backwards and when we get 100% ticket revenue I find this bizarre to cut the stadium potential in half. One big draw at the Ricoh in a cup and the Ricoh sells out as proved. That could be worth around a million quid to the club and that alone outweighs BPA by a long chalk.

Now, don't attack me. I'm not a wasps fan, I hate rugby at the best of times but attacking wasps is not the answer it's working with them to get a great deal as we are where we are. Get the deal we need and progress. Which in my opinion what sisu aim for with this story, we need the Ricoh, we only half fill in at best in the league but that's league 1. Without being funny we shouldnt be any where near league 1 and I find it embarrassing this is our fifth season in league 1. It's disgraceful. Championship at around 22k would be fairer and should be more the norm.

It's already shown the ricoh on this deal works, alright the new deal can't be known and sounds like it's a struggle to get the right terms but that's life. What did waggot say when we came home he was negotiating for 24 hours straight. This isn't easy but my main point to this long (apologies) post, we need to stay at the Ricoh and try and get out this fucking horrendous league on favourable terms then look again from a stronger position. Whilst we are knocking around in league 1 and 2. We don't hold a lot of sway.

Brylowes

And what happens if it does? Or if it doesn't? We can't wait forever. As Chief Dave pointed out earlier, sometimes you can't go directly to your desired outcome. Sometimes you have to take the only available alternative to the shit you are in and worry about the long term later.
Come on Samo, it's a new stadium how much is that going to cost, it's a long term thing,
if we get it wrong we are stuck long term.

Gynnsthetonic

Doesn't mean we should jump in with both feet if it doesn't work for our needs.
It's not really working for our needs at the Ricoh, 1 stand closed, a ticket office at nearby tesco that sells some match tickets but not all, a ticket office in Earlsdon that's sells some match tickets but not all, a train station to catch trains to Bedworth Nuneaton and City Centre which you are not allowed to use and the lack of stadium revenue if any at all!

Brylowes

It's not really working for our needs at the Ricoh, 1 stand closed, a ticket office at nearby tesco that sells some match tickets but not all, a ticket office in Earlsdon that's sells some match tickets but not all, a train station to catch trains to Bedworth Nuneaton and City Centre which you are not allowed to use and the lack of stadium revenue if any at all!
That's us now in league 1,as King says we are at the Ricoh next season and If TM can
take us up, we will get 20-000 + and as a result will be in a much stronger position.

Gynnsthetonic

That's us now in league 1,as King says we are at the Ricoh next season and If TM can
take us up, we will get 20-000 + and as a result will be in a much stronger position.
How will we! We are and still we be tenants to an Ex London based premier Rugby Club who are reaping the benefits of owning the Ricoh, we cannot go forward as we are!

The Reverend Skyblue

So CCFC leave because you hate Wasps? It's an option I suppose.
I hate how Wasps and the council worked together behind the clubs back to screw up our club for the foreseeable future.
So yes I hate Wasps for working with the council behind our clubs back, I hate the council for working with Wasps behind our back, so yes in conclusion I feel I have good reason to hate the insects and hope one day they go tits up.

If you didn't have parking revenue from wasps games would you hate what they did to our club ?
And could you please try and stop being a patronising prick when you make comments on other posters opinions

Users who are viewing this thread