Joel Latibeaudiere (1 Viewer)

rob9872

No £3m I'd imagine they would accept. Do you agree that defenders go for less than strikers?
Generally although that FB went to the Vile for about £16m.

Bristol City also want 20m for Alex Scott although he's midfield of course.

rob9872

McNally should be worth what Burnley paid for him. He has a lengthy contract but is well down their pecking order and whilst he improved with us and is a year older and more experienced, they've since moved onto the Prem and he's not ready for that.

Grendel

Because he is no use to them in the Premier League.

So clubs who get promoted have a fire sale of players no use to them? Really?

Grendel

No £3m I'd imagine they would accept. Do you agree that defenders go for less than strikers?

I would think if Man City sold Doyle he’d attract a higher fee than Simms

rob9872

I like in his interview how he let it slip that he was excited when the fixtures came out which was weeks ago, yet apparently only signed today 🤣

hill83

So clubs who get promoted have a fire sale of players no use to them? Really?

Within reason yes. But not what’s being suggested. They’ll be going for the same or more as there is even less reason to sell.

Mucca Mad Boys

I like in his interview how he let it slip that he was excited when the fixtures came out which was weeks ago, yet apparently only signed today 🤣
He was on international duty then wasn’t he? Explains the delay.

Likewise with Sakamoto, he was announced with pictures in the stadium and the interview 1-2 days after he was in Portugal with the team!

SeaSeeEffCee

So why sell him at a loss when they could just loan him out to the Championship again and build his value more if he has another good season? There is zero incentive for them to sell him at a loss, or even for the same money they paid for him.

Bennettbarnet

What does that have to do with the intrinsic value of the player? He was bought a year ago as an unproven from league one for ~£2m, he has since proven himself at Championship level and some people are quoting £1.5m, this isn't reality. Minimum £2.5-£3m upfront plus add ons.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Bennettbarnet

Within reason yes. But not what’s being suggested. They’ll be going for the same or more as there is even less reason to sell.
It might mean the likelihood of them being surplus to requirements is increased but it will have zero impact on the fee they will attract. In an open market, value is determined by the market interest, not because they are now premier league and feeling charitable.

Bennettbarnet

£1.6m was the fee quoted, £2m was likely with add ons. He’s failed to get in the team, he’s not suddenly worth twice as much six months later after a loan.
Why not? Hamer's value has gone up £5m+ since January.

Grendel

Grendel

Question: If there’s a choice between McNally or getting Hyam back who would you go for ?

Well apparently now Hyam played for Scotland he’s worth £5 million now so I think he’s out our price range

Bennettbarnet

Question: If there’s a choice between McNally or getting Hyam back who would you go for ?
I think Hyam produced some top class performances in his last season with us but Mcnally is a better, more consistent player. So Mcnally.

CovBrummie94

Europe mostly, L1 possibly. There’s a premium on English players and while I like a McNally I don’t think he was that good. If we’re buying him for the central role I think we can get better. If we’re buying him for RCB I think you can get prospects for cheaper.
He's Irish

1ccfc

Within reason I think he’s worth paying a premium for, on the basis we know what we’re getting. We know he fits in with the team, manager and the type of player he is. He’s also proven himself at championship level with room for improvement. After having him on loan a lot of the unknowns have been removed which you get with a new signing.

Legia Sky Blue

McNally was better of the two for us as a right sided centre half, but as a possible replacement for Fadz in the central role then Hyam would have been a better option, and this was the role I think MR saw him moving into in due course before he was sold from under him. I think we are unlikely to sign either right now, and to be honest if we want a central option to Fadz we would probably be better going for someone like Kipre from West Brom who would likely be cheaper too.

shmmeee

Not sure McNally has the physical and tactical presence I’d want from my CB as a Fadz replacement. Really lends itself to someone experienced. But maybe I’ve just got Fadz blinkers on.

TomS91

Not sure McNally has the physical and tactical presence I’d want from my CB as a Fadz replacement. Really lends itself to someone experienced. But maybe I’ve just got Fadz blinkers on.
He’s perfect for the middle IMO. Great aerially to deal with crosses from both sides. Pace to cover both CBs on his sides. Not amazing on the ball, but good enough to move the ball side to side to shift the opposition shape.

Feels like a natural successor to Fadz

shmmeee

He’s perfect for the middle IMO. Great aerially to deal with crosses from both sides. Pace to cover both CBs on his sides. Not amazing on the ball, but good enough to move the ball side to side to shift the opposition shape.

Feels like a natural successor to Fadz

I just remember him struggling a bit without Fadz (like everyone did). He’s still only young for a CB. It’s just his ability to organise the back line I question, we dropped off so much, even with him and Doyle who are two excellent defenders, without Fadz last season.

Legia Sky Blue

Intrigued why you think that?

As Shmmee has commented McNally was part of the defence that fell apart in Fadz's absence last season. Although he was otherwise excellent for us in the right centre back position, I think Hyam is physically stronger of the two and therefore much more suited to a central role.

Its pretty much a redundant argument though as Fadz will start the season, so neither McNally or Hyam will be signed to sit on the bench waiting for his performance levels to fade.

Frostie

As Shmmee has commented McNally was part of the defence that fell apart in Fadz's absence last season. Although he was otherwise excellent for us in the right centre back position, I think Hyam is physically stronger of the two and therefore much more suited to a central role.

Its pretty much a redundant argument though as Fadz will start the season, so neither McNally or Hyam will be signed to sit on the bench waiting for his performance levels to fade.
Gotcha, fair arguments.

Personally I think McNally is far more physically dominant than Hyam though. He wins a much higher % of his duels, wins more tackles & wins an exceptional 70% of his aerial duels which even eclipses Fadz.

In terms of the leadership & organisation though, I agree with both you & shmmee, not sure he's ready for that (although I'm not 100% sold that Hyam is either despite captaining Blackburn on occasion).

RCB suits McNally perfectly anyway. Whilst he does have good passing in his game, he is very inconsistent with it currently but he does really excel with carrying the ball out of defence which is definitely more suited to the 2 wider CBs.

Users who are viewing this thread