Josh Eccles New Contract (2 Viewers)

SBT

what wages is he on? I’ve no idea
I don’t know, but obviously a 2+1 year contract is going to be at a higher wage than a 4 year deal. (Unless his agent is a total moron/Boddy is a genius)

Grendel

I don’t know, but obviously a 2+1 year contract is going to be at a higher wage than a 4 year deal. (Unless his agent is a total moron/Boddy is a genius)

Why would it be higher - is he in demand

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

SBAndy

Id rather offer a two year deal with an option for a further year - you?

Wasn’t the question. You can’t bemoan the lack of starts when he’s a young kid and we have very good players in his position. I’d imagine we’ll be looking at him as 3rd or 4th choice CM next season in the hope he can develop into a starting role.

SBT

Why would it be higher - is he in demand
Because the first thing an agent is going to do when offered a two-year deal instead of a four-year one is to ask for a higher salary to make up for the lack of security.

Grendel

Because the first thing an agent is going to do when offered a two-year deal instead of a four-year one is to ask for a higher salary to make up for the lack of security.

do you have any evidence this happened?

I assume If I consult my database you’d have shown the same enthusiasm for Tavares signing a 3 year deal?

WestEndAgro

Robins is clearly delighted by getting Eccles signed up
Yes it's a long contract, but they don't just throw them around like confetti, they believe they have a talent on their hands, time will tell.

SBT

do you have any evidence this happened?

I assume If I consult my database you’d have shown the same enthusiasm for Tavares signing a 3 year deal?
I don’t have any evidence, other than it being basic negotiation strategy. Presumably you think his agent is ambivalent about the length of the deal when negotiating salary then?

Tavares…Waghorn…how many other random strikers are you going to throw into the mix here? Neither of them have ever shown any potential for us.

Grendel

I don’t have any evidence, other than it being basic negotiation strategy. Presumably you think his agent is ambivalent about the length of the deal when negotiating salary then?

Tavares…Waghorn…how many other random strikers are you going to throw into the mix here? Neither of them have ever shown any potential for us.

so you don’t know. Fair enough

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

SBT

so you don’t know. Fair enough
“OK then Dave, we’re looking for four years at £x-000 a week, what do you reckon?”

“How about the same salary, but for only two years, plus we’ll decide if we fancy keeping you on for a third year at the same price, take it or leave it”

“Dammit Boddy, you genius, you’ve done it again - where do we sign?”

Esoterica

To be fair when Gerrard first started getting into the Bin dippers team he was injured quite a lot, they put it down to growing pains he didn't turn out too bad...well for Liverpool anyway

Wonder if this one was putting down to 'growing pains' too? :D

Steven Gerrard Reveals How He Once Injured His Penis During a Match​

Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard has told of how he cut open his penis in an FA Cup match against Bournemouth last year.
"The magic of the FA Cup was bloodied on the day my penis was cut and then stitched shut on an unromantic afternoon in Bournemouth last year," reveals Gerrard.
"It was eye-watering. I tried to close down a winger to block his cross but felt a stinging in my privates. I thought, 'S--t — that doesn't feel right!' It was stinging like f--k.

"The gash looked pretty bad, right across the middle. There was plenty of blood. I needed four stitches and the lads were absolutely pissing themselves."

Grendel

“OK then Dave, we’re looking for four years at £x-000 a week, what do you reckon?”

“How about the same salary, but for only two years, plus we’ll decide if we fancy keeping you on for a third year at the same price, take it or leave it”

“Dammit Boddy, you genius, you’ve done it again - where do we sign?”

oh dear

Grendel

James Maddison signed a 4 year deal after making 4 league appearances.

So you thought Gyokeres was as much of a dud as hillsner and wanted him gone and now think Eccles could be worth as much as Maddison

Wow

PVA

So you thought Gyokeres was as much of a dud as hillsner and wanted him gone and now think Eccles could be worth as much as Maddison

Wow

I think you should probably take some time off here. You're just making things up. I clearly said neither of those.

Grendel

I think you should probably take some time off here. You're just making things up. I clearly said neither of those.

Your account much have been hacked In April 2021 when you bracketed Gyokeres as a dud along with da costa and hillsner

Internet hacking is a serious crime you should report it

PVA

You're obsessed with that post, it's really weird.

It's just a shame you really do struggle with the nuance of the English language so you don't have a point.

Grendel

You're obsessed with that post, it's really weird.

It's just a shame you really do struggle with the nuance of the English language so you don't have a point.

I’ve posted it twice.

You wanted Gyokeres to be sent back and not signed. You also wanted to retain Biamou ahead of Gyokeres. It’s up there with your Burge love in

At least own your post. There’s nothing nuanced about it - you wanted him gone.

• Haha

PVA

I don't know why you keep banging on about it when at the same time I said there was no point keeping Gyökeres if he was 4th choice you were berating Robins for signing someone worse than Biamou and Bakayoko.

Absolutely obsessed.

PVA

Anyway. Back to topic.

Eccles is back on the grass which is good news, a few weeks away from full training though.

Grendel

I don't know why you keep banging on about it when at the same time I said there was no point keeping Gyökeres if he was 4th choice you were berating Robins for signing someone worse than Biamou and Bakayoko.

Absolutely obsessed.

Well anyone with half a brain would realise robins would always prefer him

it’s the same as Kane is 5th choice nonsense

You are all over the place here - you didn’t want him and thought him a dud loan - you said it. I’ve posted the link - nothing more to be said

PVA

I literally never said I didn't want him. I said if Robins prefers Biamou what's the point in keeping him. This was in the February, he started the next 15 odd games on the bench.

Seriously get a fucking life.

Kane has just joined midtable in League One. Oh no what a miss he will be.

Grendel

I literally never said I didn't want him. I said if Robins prefers Biamou what's the point in keeping him. This was in the February, he started the next 15 odd games on the bench.

Seriously get a fucking life.

Kane has just joined midtable in League One. Oh no what a miss he will be.

In April you wanted him gone

Kane wanted a return to London

• Haha

Grendel

Do you think waghorn when he does go will still play in the championship?

Adge

So this “squad player at best” was selected for the Championship Team of the month in October playing out of position. The same month Gyokeres was also selected as the striker. Loads on here couldn’t believe we had paid money for Gyokeres 18 months ago. Perhaps those who are employed to train and manage the team have a better understanding than us as to what and who may be a success.
What has Vic got to do with Eccles signing a 4 year deal?

Grendel

Dunno. Be surprised if he was starting every week in the Championship for sure. Why do you ask?

well if he’s crap doubt he will be seen in the championship again at his age?

SBT

well if he’s crap doubt he will be seen in the championship again at his age?
No, I could envisage a team with more resources than us taking him on a reduced wage to fulfil the same bit-part role he’s playing with us - not that I would envy them for that. What’s your point?

Seaside-Skyblue

I doubt Eccles takes enough home a week to justify not taking the risk of giving him an extension to be honest

Low risk and high reward move, I think he has a high ceiling and was really starting to look the part before his injury - I’m in favour of this
Yes agree especially if he plays in his central position. That's where he's stood out imo. He's played wing back a few times obviously and hasn't always looked so great which may cloud people's view of him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Yes agree especially if he plays in his central position. That's where he's stood out imo. He's played wing back a few times obviously and hasn't always looked so great which may cloud people's view of him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Got MOTM against Cardiff. His only league start in Centre Mid I believe.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve posted it every season.

I wanted Robins to be sacked and not signed. I also wanted to appoint Jackett ahead of Robins. It’s up there with my claim no Championship team would want Hyam.

At least own your post. There’s nothing nuanced about it - I wanted him gone.

Hmmm

• Haha

Brighton Sky Blue

someone’s not happy. Schools in and not all out?
I'm fine and dandy. But each time you go on about someone apparently preferring Biamou to Gyo, I'll remind you that you wanted Jackett over Robins. And have called for Robins' sacking more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread