kcic @ Jimmy's Hill v sheff u - provisional ideas (1 Viewer)

Spionkop

A peaceful pitch invasion is by far the best option. Just sit in the centre circle for 5 minutes. 500 or more fans.
Just can't believe the younger, louder fans aren't doing this already. If there are a lot of you and you do it peacefully you won't get nicked. If enough do it I'll be there.
We won't be on tv again for a while.
The hill is fine and I applaud those fans. Enjoyed talking to a few last Sunday. But not enough to make an impact. That's unless a few more turn out. .....

A peaceful pitch invasion is by far the best option. Just sit in the centre circle for 5 minutes. 500 or more fans.
Just can't believe the younger, louder fans aren't doing this already. If there are a lot of you and you do it peacefully you won't get nicked. If enough do it I'll be there.
We won't be on tv again for a while.
The hill is fine and I applaud those fans. Enjoyed talking to a few last Sunday. But not enough to make an impact. That's unless a few more turn out. .....

Sorry but you will be nicked as its an offense to enter the field of play.

This is not a Sky Blue Trust event.

what is the trusts plan? you put a post up saying the trust was warming up, what for? kcic and sky blue trust ha ve to work together on this and lead us. whether it just on the hill or mass exodus fromvthe ground to the hill (my preferred protest) it needs making official and publicised everywhere, cwr, cov telegraph, talksport, the mirror, football supporters federation, twitter, facebook or anywhere else.

this could be our only chance to do this this season so lets do it right.

#sisuout #kcic #PUSB

pusbccfc

There have been a fair few threads about it to be fair.

I personally think the walking out of the ground on 15 / 20 minutes is the best idea. Even better if everybody who is going to walk out wears Sky Blue that all the camera sees is people walking out of the ground and going home. It would get attention for the randomness, look at things like those icelandic football celebrations? They are on the mirror, sun and go viral every time they do something.

Surely you must see this would get more people talking than a picture of the muppets?

I don't agree with the pitch invasions although it WOULD get media attention.

I am just hoping that clown in Northampton is part of a protest, if he was /is, it is genius and thinking outside the box. ;)

KCIC should be doing polls on here, telegraph if they can, facebook and everywhere possible to see what most fans agree on. The last thing people got united for was the march and look what happened....

The march was excellent, but managed poor media coverage overall, Sky didn't mention it.

Sky know about us, we have a massive opportunity and if we fill the hill, they won't ignore it.

Spionkop

Cambridge, the half dozen who went on at Crawley were not prosecuted. I seriously doubt 500 or more would be either.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The march was excellent, but managed poor media coverage overall, Sky didn't mention it.

Sky know about us, we have a massive opportunity and if we fill the hill, they won't ignore it.

Or rather you hope they won't ignore it.....most likely show a few images prior to KO & maybe a quick comment....but Skys focus is on selling its "product"....and therefore come KO, all cameras & images broadcasted will be of whats going on INSIDE....

.....I really am giving up now....its like banging my head against a brick wall....

Besides...unless the trust actually stand up & show us some leadership that has been sadly lacking since the 5000+ march.....it'll all amount to jack shit anyhow.

Spionkop

But personally GaryPendry has it right. Nobody goes in.... what a statement.
OR....those fans who go, who tell us they don't like being in Northampton either. Why don't they all congregate outside for first ten minutes and then go in. That way they'll show us they are true to what they say, they make the protest and then see the game. Surely missing ten minutes won't kill them?
It is a united tactic.

torchomatic

Do you remember the big fuel protest about 10 years ago? There were blockades and pressure was mounting on the government to cut some of the savage tax they load on pump prices. I remember leaders saying that if everyone stopped buying petrol just for one day then something tangible would happen. Direct action WOULD make a difference. Of course, in the real world, it's not that simple. People need fuel.

Now, I know people don't NEED football but asking those who do attend not to go in won't work. Maybe some will listen but the majority won't. I'm afraid it is down to the KCiC campaign to organise it for themselves. Just standing round on a hill like they do every other week won't make any difference.

And what are the plans from the Trust, I wonder? They are as quiet as ACL and SISU.

skyblueiom

Youre not going to please everyone, but why oh why do people choose to knock every suggestion that people have. It's so tedious.

In theory walking out would send a great message, but youll have 1500 regulars who'll stay behind, then if we're winning well many more wont join in, so it will play right into fisher's hands.

Organising something out of the ground/on the hill is really the only idea that prob wont make the supporters look like bell ends, imho!!

9000 people are boycotting. That is doing something.

You're right Torch, I am one of the 9000 and it's killing me BUT think about the coverage if a large percentage of those 9000 turned up for a peaceful protest outside the ground or on the hill, it would get a lot of coverage from the cameras I would think?

An empty ground would get talked about more than a half hearted walk out as a lot of people would not walk out after paying to get in would they or am I just being negative?

Definitely against any pitch invasions as this could unsettle our own players and that is something none of us really want is it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

GaryPendrysEyes

Absolutely No One Should Go In for this game, ... clear and simple message, no messing the team round with walkouts or pitch invasions.
Trust should get behind it as a KCIC campaign game.

torchomatic

Why should supporters inside look like bellends? This is a protest against SISU not Coventry City supporters.

Organising something out of the ground/on the hill is really the only idea that prob wont make the supporters look like bell ends, imho!!

MichaelCCFC

Or rather you hope they won't ignore it.....most likely show a few images prior to KO & maybe a quick comment....but Skys focus is on selling its "product"....and therefore come KO, all cameras & images broadcasted will be of whats going on INSIDE....

.....I really am giving up now....its like banging my head against a brick wall....

Besides...unless the trust actually stand up & show us some leadership that has been sadly lacking since the 5000+ march.....it'll all amount to jack shit anyhow.

Know what you mean about banging your head against a brick wall!

200 of us on the Hill v Colchester had 3 national papers cover us plus sky. As someone has pointed out, the fantastic 7k march and rally didn't get a single piece of national attention. It's completely wrong but that's the pr game we find ourselves in and reality is as per the Colchester game. If we get more on the Hill for sheff u we will get more coverage. The other head banging feeling is that I'm pretty sure everyone agrees we want CCFC to play in Cov so that's the message for 13 oct - how people want to express it is up to them. I'd obviously like a decent turnout on the Hill cos that's the bit I'm organising but if that is added to by stuff going on inside the ground, people walking out, and the SBA brigade that sees acl-ccc as being the main culprits do stuff in Cov, the message that we all want CCFC back in Cov will be all the louder. I'm organising the kcic Hill part so it needs others to step up to the plate and get on with the other bits!

torchomatic

Good idea. As a few blokes on a hill isn't going to pique their interest.
Katie Perry naked on the hill, now tell me the cameras wont be interested.:claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
Know what you mean about banging your head against a brick wall!

200 of us on the Hill v Colchester had 3 national papers cover us plus sky. As someone has pointed out, the fantastic 7k march and rally didn't get a single piece of national attention. It's completely wrong but that's the pr game we find ourselves in and reality is as per the Colchester game. If we get more on the Hill for sheff u we will get more coverage. The other head banging feeling is that I'm pretty sure everyone agrees we want CCFC to play in Cov so that's the message for 13 oct - how people want to express it is up to them. I'd obviously like a decent turnout on the Hill cos that's the bit I'm organising but if that is added to by stuff going on inside the ground, people walking out, and the SBA brigade that sees acl-ccc as being the main culprits do stuff in Cov, the message that we all want CCFC back in Cov will be all the louder. I'm organising the kcic Hill part so it needs others to step up to the plate and get on with the other bits!

Michael, I'm not having a go but can you not do a bit of research and see what the most fans would be up for?

I'm not being funny but Is a sky sports news person mentioning people on a hill going to make much of a difference to sisu?

We need something to unite fans and you are saying "do your own thing if you want, but I'm doing this"

mrbluesky87

On a serious note, I cant see a mass walkout will work, the cameras will be fully focused on the football. If a protest is to be covered, I think it will need to be done before the whistle goes or at half time. Dont shoot me down in flames as just an idea but what about at half time a good tempered pitch invasion with banners etc for five minutes or so and then get off the pitch thus coverage at half time and shouldnt affect players.

TheOldFive

Oh-Oh, Dead Giveaway on Point 8 Michael:

"8. It would be great if people who see acl/ccc as mainly responsible organised a simultaneous event in Coventry"

That might be fair enough, but let's put it another way, by now our demonstrations shouldn't be posited against who in our opinions we might *blame* the most, but directed to those we can *affect* the most who have the most *impact* upon whether we return to playing nearer Coventry anytime sooner than the building of the mythical Sisudome.

The only people with a suitable venue for such are the Council dominated ACL, and those are the parties we should be addressing along of course with the owners of the Club.

So don't let's have this as an item 8 afterthought for the KCIC campaign, it should be an integral key area of demonstration for us. What has the KCIC campaign got in mind for upcoming Council and ACL events to put pressure on for a fair deal for CCFC to bring them back to the Ricoh?

Hugh Jarse

The season will be over before we can come up with something that meets with everyones approval.

I don't sanction a pitch invasion but I do agree that we should stay out of the stadium. Congregate on the hill and make as much noise as possible, why not organise a rival match, our supporters against some of the Sheff Utd fans. Obviously this would be done before the game, they won't want to come all that way and not go in to watch their team.

Just my small contribution.

Last edited:

mark82

I still think, as much as I'm against ACL too, a few thousand at the Ricoh to watch on a big screen is the way to go. Could get sky cameras there to record reaction after goals etc.

AndreasB

Why dont you all just fucking stay at home and moan like you have done since the start of the season. its seems to be working for the team.

TheOldFive

Why dont you all just fucking stay at home and moan like you have done since the start of the season. its seems to be working for the team.

All views are equally valid and should be supported and considered with equal diligence by the KCIC campaign and I'm sure this will be a popular if not the default course of action for many. Just a thought - As with much (not all) of the campaigning to date how might this particular option differentiate itself from the standard behaviour of most anyway? Should a special badge, emblem or perhaps even t'shirt be commissioned and worn to signify "Staying away and moaning as part of protest not as per usual"
SAAMAPOPNAPU has a catchy ring to it and could capture the imagination of fans as per NOPM did before it was tossed aside as a brand that had become toxic through association with the equally valid Sisu Out axis.

simple_simon

Michael, I'm not having a go but can you not do a bit of research and see what the most fans would be up for?

I'm not being funny but Is a sky sports news person mentioning people on a hill going to make much of a difference to sisu?

We need something to unite fans and you are saying "do your own thing if you want, but I'm doing this"

Do not often agree with Nick but on this one I must agree.

MichaelCCFC

Some really interesting comments.

simple/nick: kcic is an attempt at a unifying message - surely we do all want ccfc back in Coventry! The walk out idea is a non starter because we know lots of people won't ever pay to enter sixfields while others are happy to pay to go in and won't walk out. The 7k march and rally in cov didn't get an ounce of national media coverage. On jimmy's hill for Colchester we did. As ever, very happy to hear realistic and achievable plans for what you/the Trust/anyone else can come up with/is prepared to do. As it stands, you can criticise the kcic plan all day long but it's the only one on the table in any realistic and achievable sense

Nick

Administrator
Some really interesting comments.

simple/nick: kcic is an attempt at a unifying message - surely we do all want ccfc back in Coventry! The walk out idea is a non starter because we know lots of people won't ever pay to enter sixfields while others are happy to pay to go in and won't walk out. The 7k march and rally in cov didn't get an ounce of national media coverage. On jimmy's hill for Colchester we did. As ever, very happy to hear realistic and achievable plans for what you/the Trust/anyone else can come up with/is prepared to do. As it stands, you can criticise the kcic plan all day long but it's the only one on the table in any realistic and achievable sense

How do you think standing on a hill will make sisu see sense and come back though? That's a serious question, not having a go

Why should supporters inside look like bellends? This is a protest against SISU not Coventry City supporters.

I do wonder about your logic.

Why, in a protest against SISU moving our club outside the city, would everyone support the idea by having over their hard-earned and appearing inside the ground?

The only realistic idea is to get as many on that hill as possible and making as much noise as possible.

Good work Michael.

Nick, nice to see you made a contribution on here eventually. As someone who runs the biggest ccfc chat forum I'm hoping for more of that and less of the shit on the first page.

Nick

Administrator
I do wonder about your reasoning.

Why, in a protest against SISU moving our club outside the city, would everyone support the idea by having over their hard-earned and appearing inside the ground?

The only realistic idea is to get as many on that hill as possible and making as much noise as possible.

Good work Michael.

Nick, nice to you made a contribution on here eventually. As someone who runs the biggest ccfc chat forum I'm hoping for more of that and less of the shit on the first page.

If you have a look through the threads I have made loads of constructive suggestions to be fair.

If you have a look through the threads I have made loads of constructive suggestions to be fair.

In which case I apologise. I was just disappointed with the general tone of the first few comments in response to what looks like some well thought out ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread