kcic @ Jimmy's Hill v sheff u - provisional ideas (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Some really interesting comments.

simple/nick: kcic is an attempt at a unifying message - surely we do all want ccfc back in Coventry! The walk out idea is a non starter because we know lots of people won't ever pay to enter sixfields while others are happy to pay to go in and won't walk out. The 7k march and rally in cov didn't get an ounce of national media coverage. On jimmy's hill for Colchester we did. As ever, very happy to hear realistic and achievable plans for what you/the Trust/anyone else can come up with/is prepared to do. As it stands, you can criticise the kcic plan all day long but it's the only one on the table in any realistic and achievable sense

The march didn't get coverage as much because of the hundreds of piss poor attended 'protests' beforehand that suggested it'd be more of the same.

Even if piss-poor attended protests get coverage, the message they send out is apathy. You say the walkout is a non starter but (on an admittedly small sample) there are plenty saying they would do that... including me.

So to dismiss it when plenty are saying it'd work, as opposed to looking into it, strikes me as closed minded as anything else. As said, there are opportunities for polls, get pledges off people to commit, see if enough peopler can be raised for whatever protest idea.

Select the most popular.

And if still not enough pledges, cut it dead beforte it starts and sends out the wrong message.

Anyone have an email address for contacting the Cov tel?

We could do with some publicity to increase awareness.

Nick

Administrator
The last big ideas thread on here was about an old boys game when ccfc were playing and lots of people agreed on that also?

@richh87

We can all agree that we shouldn't be playing in Northampton, so I don't see why anyone would object to a protest. Better to do something than nothing.

Nick

Administrator
We can all agree that we shouldn't be playing in Northampton, so I don't see why anyone would object to a protest. Better to do something than nothing.

Yes but it just depends what the protest is and how effective people think it will be.

TurkeyTrot

Yes but it just depends what the protest is and how effective people think it will be.
Think we all agree that we want Cov back in Cov. To get maximum involvement has to involve ALL fans regardless if whether they go to games go to the hill or are want to go to this game to make their voice heard. I'm sure it can be done, just needs a bit of joined up thinking and not start slagging each other off.

Nick

Administrator
Think we all agree that we want Cov back in Cov. To get maximum involvement has to involve ALL fans regardless if whether they go to games go to the hill or are want to go to this game to make their voice heard. I'm sure it can be done, just needs a bit of joined up thinking and not start slagging each other off.

Totally agree

TurkeyTrot

The hill guys meet on the hill and sing their hearts out.

At some point in the game they set the signal for the walk out.

The ones that want to stay wear a letter on a t shirt and sit in a prominent place and swap seats put coats on take costs off etc spelling out different messages throughout the game.

The folk watching it on sky would love it waiting to read the next message

Nick

Administrator
The hill guys meet on the hill and sing their hearts out.

At some point in the game they set the signal for the walk out.

The ones that want to stay wear a letter on a t shirt and sit in a prominent place and swap seats put coats on take costs off etc spelling out different messages throughout the game.

The folk watching it on sky would love it waiting to read the next message

That's not together though it's all different and still splitting fans

Spionkop

Can I ask, and this is meant in a civil and constructive way, are those fans attending at Sixfields going to get involved with those who aren't, in a protest against the club being moved to Northampton? Generally and then specifically at the Sheffield match? A united front, putting aside all friction and antagonisms, in a widespread show of protest against what our owners have done?
That way we can perhaps make a BIG show of protest.
Some of you that go tell us you don't like CCFC being there as much as us non attenders do. And wish we were back in Coventry. Here's your chance to show us.
Might a meeting between those attending and us that don't be a move in the right direction?
The Jimmy Hill people are earnest protestors, but as it is the numbers aren't enough. We can see you so I'm sure you can see us.
Over to you people that go.....

Nick

Administrator
Can I ask, and this is meant in a civil and constructive way, are those fans attending at Sixfields going to get involved with those who aren't, in a protest against the club being moved to Northampton? Generally and then specifically at the Sheffield match? A united front, putting aside all friction and antagonisms, in a widespread show of protest against what our owners have done?
That way we can perhaps make a BIG show of protest.
Some of you that go tell us you don't like CCFC being there as much as us non attenders do. And wish we were back in Coventry. Here's your chance to show us.
Might a meeting between those attending and us that don't be a move in the right direction?
The Jimmy Hill people are earnest protestors, but as it is the numbers aren't enough. We can see you so I'm sure you can see us.
Over to you people that go.....

A lot of people at the games went on the march so I assume so, it would depend on the protest and how effective people think it is. I think if people don't believe it will work they won't bother

ccfcway

Simple.

For one game only PACK THE GROUND, support the players and then after 20 minutes and one round of "IN OUR COVENTRY HOMES" everyone stands up and goes to the Hill and makes noise and sings their hearts out.

Sky would be all over it, it would be on facebook, twitter and all over You Tube...

Does that not suit everyone ?

Nick

Administrator
Simple.

For one game only PACK THE GROUND, support the players and then after 20 minutes and one round of "IN OUR COVENTRY HOMES" everyone stands up and goes to the Hill and makes noise and sings their hearts out.

Does that not suit everyone ?

People don't want to go in though

TurkeyTrot

That's not together though it's all different and still splitting fans

Those leaving will join them on the hill and those staying will be sitting with those inside the ground before they leave. "We can see you on the hill" could be one message. There can be fun messages too to the fans in the other stands including the away fans.

ccfcway

People don't want to go in though

One game. 20 minutes, for something that will go down in CCFC history and be shown on clip shows, panel shows etc for years to come.

We have one chance to make a stand, this is it.

Those that dont want to go in, should go in for one game

Those that are currently going in should join the protest for one game

ONE GAME, ONE PROTEST, ONE MESSAGE

SIR ERNIE

I still think, as much as I'm against ACL too, a few thousand at the Ricoh to watch on a big screen is the way to go. Could get sky cameras there to record reaction after goals etc.

Having read through all the various ideas, this is BY FAR THE BEST.

NorthernWisdom

Those leaving will join them on the hill and those staying will be sitting with those inside the ground before they leave. "We can see you on the hill" could be one message. There can be fun messages too to the fans in the other stands including the away fans.

It needs work ;) Not averse to the general theme, but how do you make sure such approaches don;t just disperse fans over a number of places, so it ends up few doing anything?

5 blokes watching on a hill being joined by a couple walking out while the ones in the ground realise their letter O has gone for a piss just when they need him doesn't quite send the right message... so how to maximise the chances that doesn't happen?

Nick

Administrator
One game. 20 minutes, for something that will go down in CCFC history and be shown on clip shows, panel shows etc for years to come.

I personally agree and think it would send a big message live on tv

TurkeyTrot

It needs work ;) Not averse to the general theme, but how do you make sure such approaches don;t just disperse fans over a number of places, so it ends up few doing anything?

5 blokes watching on a hill being joined by a couple walking out while the ones in the ground realise their letter O has gone for a piss just when they need him doesn't quite send the right message... so how to maximise the chances that doesn't happen?

Those that want to walk out get tickets in the stand opposite the main stand where the cameras point to.
Those that are prepared to wear the t shirts stick together and everyone makes sure they are in the seats that will be seen on sky.
You only need one or two guys to put the call out from the hill.

We could do with a poll on here for all of these ideas. (Would be even better if the Cov Tel had one on their site but can't see that happening).

ccfcway

We could do with a poll on here for all of these ideas. (Would be even better if the Cov Tel had one on their site but can't see that happening).

decent idea. keep it open for 3 days and then close it and go with the majority and we can finally put pay to the 100 ideas and concentrate on building up support for one idea

covmark

said I'd never go to sixfields, but I'd go for this definitely. What a message this would send out. A ground full of fans walking out. Would be talked about for years, let alone the coverage it would get in the short term

WestEndAgro

Count me in reluctantly, something has to give and this seems the best solution to me, add in the flags, drums, whistles, banners and every one wearing Sky Blue
One out all out and I mean all

Personally i would prefer getting game abandoned or atleast delayed, but this has proved unpopular, so like I said something has to give.

ccfcway

even better would be the trigger for the walk out would be a KEEP COVENTRY IN COVENTRY fly by, from a plane with a banner on it !!

even better would be the trigger for the walk out would be a KEEP COVENTRY IN COVENTRY fly by, from a plane with a banner on it !!

or even a couple of fireworks from the hill if the plana cant be done.

for the brentford "home" match is it worth talking to the match goers and let them know that something is being planned for the sheffield united match?

SIR ERNIE

Absolutely Crap idea.

I can hear the SKY commentary already...

"Welcome to tonights live game from a packed Sixfields, against all predictions, where Coventry fans have turned out in their thousands and travelled 34 miles to support their team in Northampton."

SISU would piss themselves.

Yeah, the walkout (if it happens) would be interesting but could easily be misinterpreted if the team are losing.

CRAP idea.

ccfcway

Absolutely Crap idea.

"Welcome to tonights live game from a packed Sixfields, against all predictions, where Coventry fans have turned out in their thousands and travelled 34 miles to support their team in Northampton."

Yeah, the walkout (if it happens) would be interesting but could easily be misinterpreted if the team are losing.

CRAP idea.

I think you would find that SKY would be MORE than aware a walk out was coming if it was organised and so if they did say the above they would also mention that we maybe walking out !"

ccfcway

Absolutely Crap idea.

CRAP idea.

You and "Sir Bert" got any ideas BTW ?

Absolutely Crap idea.

CRAP idea.

what? if we pack sixfields out and after 20 mins possibly 5000 walk out because we're losing? after 20 minutes? have a word with yourself.

in my view nothing else will have the impact or visual power of a mass walkout. ill suspend my nopm part for this, but if this protest is just about the hill, well ill be there aswell

SIR ERNIE

I think you would find that SKY would be MORE than aware a walk out was coming if it was organised and so if they did say the above they would also mention that we maybe walking out !"

Handing over cash to SISU to go into that cowshed of a football ground????

That's not my idea of a protest.

NOPM

GaryPendrysEyes

We can already tell from responses that a walk out is going to be small scale and have little impact. Would any of the 1500 'regulars' walk out? nah. Infact the only impact may be a comment that the crowd attending is growing!

Best just to not attend, keep the crowd as small as possible, and go to the hill if you want to.

Users who are viewing this thread