kcic @ Jimmy's Hill v sheff u - provisional ideas (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

We can already tell from responses that a walk out is going to be small scale and have little impact. Would any of the 1500 'regulars' walk out? nah. Infact the only impact may be a comment that the crowd attending is growing!

Best just to not attend, keep the crowd as small as possible, and go to the hill if you want to.

agreed

J

Jack Griffin

Simple.

For one game only PACK THE GROUND, support the players and then after 20 minutes and one round of "IN OUR COVENTRY HOMES" everyone stands up and goes to the Hill and makes noise and sings their hearts out.

Sky would be all over it, it would be on facebook, twitter and all over You Tube...

Does that not suit everyone ?

Never.. wrong message entirely..

Nick

Administrator
How do you guys who won't go in think the message could be passed across to the viewers on sky?

simple_simon

All of this will is subject to further discussion, working through ideas and liaising with the Police, but initial (provisional) ideas are:

1. Headline message of 'Keep Cov in Cov: acl-fl-sisu Sort It Out Muppets!'
2. It will be a family-friendly event and the main aim is to have as many people as possible on Jimmy’s Hill – it is estimated it will take 500-600 to reach from one side of the Hill to the other - making as much noise as they can (the media love numbers, noise and colour so if we give them that they will cover our message).
3. Coaches can be arranged (price to be sorted) to depart from the Ricoh, but people going in cars could also meet at the Ricoh and we could travel in a convoy with flags and scarves etc
4. Have a march from behind away supporters end to the top of JH with a particular theme around who will lead it.
5. Fans from other clubs wearing colours will be made v welcome
6. Other ideas around sound and light effects for different points during the game are being worked through.
7. kcic opposes any disruption of the game because we love football and CCFC, and it is sisu, the fl etc who are causing disruption and killing a 130 year old club.
8. It would be great if people who see acl/ccc as mainly responsible organised a simultaneous event in Coventry and people inside sixfields want CCFC back in Cov could also organise something in the ground.

Please send any comments/ideas to [email protected]

Comment:

Last edited:

Leamington Pete

northampton sisu out.jpg

OK here's one. A few fans "take one for the team" and pay to get in. All wear white, sit in the empty seats spelling out various anti SISU messages. Not like a banner they can make you take down.

Last edited:

Ripbuster

Assemble at Ricoh with Sky go plugged into numerous tvs,barbecues and beers,could even have another "picnic"' around Jimmy Hill

Spionkop

MichaelCCFC, have to agree with Simple-Simon, not about the balls, but to get media attention the game needs to be stopped - peacefully.
Unless you have a massive upturn in numbers it'll be tame on the hill. Well intentioned, but tame.
No one from the Sixfields crowd seems to want to step forward and collaborate either. Just more inactivity. Disappointing.
No decisions.
There's the old saying, if you do something and it doesn't work, don't keep doing it.
I'm just amazed the younger fans aren't organising something. Simon, West End, Pendrey, what's happening? Anything?

JulianDarbyFTW

I have to say, the walkout protest is probably the most visual, and memorable, form of peaceful protest possible. I have no doubt that if choreographed properly it would be an amazing sight, and one that would probably go viral.

But there seem to be two camps here - a walkout vs something on the hill. Maybe I'm being too simplistic here, but why not combine the two ideas?

5000 people walk out after 15 / 20 mins and head to the hill. Those that can't fit on the hill simply surround the stadium and chant a specific chant (In our Coventry homes, maybe?) after 87 minutes until the final whistle. The cameras will love the visual effect of the stadium emptying and the hill subsequently filling. It will show that the fans will not just roll over, but that they will sustain a protest in numbers. And to me, that is key - that a large number of people will continue to fight for their club. The hill protest has, by it's own admission, a maximum attendance of 600, and to me it feels far too limited in scope.

Hobo

To me people who protest on the hill have made their stance and should stick to it.
Other posters, who already go in the ground seem to favour the mass walk out....over to you lot....
Once you walk out after 5 minutes, I assume you will be joining the protesters on the hill and swelling our numbers.
Both sides win Coventry fans united again.

pusbccfc

So wait... People expect fans to pay 13 quid to walk out after 20 minutes... People won't even stand on the hill let alone throw money away like that!!

Lets be honest, there's no passion in this

Nick

Administrator
So wait... People expect fans to pay 13 quid to walk out after 20 minutes... People won't even stand on the hill let alone throw money away like that!!

Lets be honest, there's no passion in this

People won't stand on the hill, not because of money but because they don't think it will help.

pusbccfc

Lets be honest, there's no passion in this, we have a lazy fanbase who are letting our club get messed about by fools.

Clubs like Leeds and Blackburn had protests that were far more intense, and everyone got behind them.
Even my mates who go all the away games don't give one about playing in Northampton.

Do people care enough?

Nick

Administrator

Lets be honest, there's no passion in this, we have a lazy fanbase who are letting our club get messed about by fools.

Clubs like Leeds and Blackburn had protests that were far more intense, and everyone got behind them.
Even my mates who go all the away games don't give one about playing in Northampton.

Do people care enough?

Again, they would do if it is something they agreed and thought would work and unite the fans like the march with a message everybody can agree on

pusbccfc

Again, they would do if it is something they agreed and thought would work and unite the fans like the march with a message everybody can agree on

The hill was always the main planned idea, has been for weeks.

For one game, why can't people just get up the hill in numbers, noise and colour.

Then it's up to yourselves what you'll do for the remaining games.

ccfcway

For one game, why can't people just get up the hill in numbers, noise and colour.

part of the plan, most certainly, but standing in the dark on a hill, the main plan ?

pusbccfc

part of the plan, most certainly, but standing in the dark on a hill, the main plan ?

One of the plans put forward was to hold phones, lighters, or torches at a certain time during the second half.

To add to this Chinese lanterns are a possibility.

Nick

Administrator

Simply because I just think for maximum effect it should be inside the ground so I wouldn't bother. I'd either go in the ground or stay at home to watch it.

If I was going to drive all the way there id go in, not going to go to stand on a hill which I don't personally think would change anything.

People are crying out for unite the fans like the march did the reply is pretty much "we will be united if everybody agrees with me".

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sigh.....about 5 weeks & 13 threads worth of ideas regarding this game......and still nothing from the trust??

We need the trust to lead this.....no disrespect to the kcic hill climbers, but your numbers don't cut the mustard...

..the trust are the ones who have the network, the contacts....they have close to 5000 membership don't they?......so they've got cash & about 5000 email addresses of City fans who cared enough to join up in the first place.....

...yet their silence is deafening !!

SBT...sort it out FFS.....your leadership team always seemed keen to bask in the media attention in the past.....well HELLO....live on Sky sports....wakey fucking wakey !!

letsallsingtogether

They will only get slated if they send out E-Mails people don't like ether supporters care or they don't?
The only question is, going inside to watch or staying at home means?........

can't be bothered don't care take the piss out of those that do.

Sigh.....about 5 weeks & 13 threads worth of ideas regarding this game......and still nothing from the trust??

We need the trust to lead this.....no disrespect to the kcic hill climbers, but your numbers don't cut the mustard...

..the trust are the ones who have the network, the contacts....they have close to 5000 membership don't they?......so they've got cash & about 5000 email addresses of City fans who cared enough to join up in the first place.....

...yet their silence is deafening !!

SBT...sort it out FFS.....your leadership team always seemed keen to bask in the media attention in the past.....well HELLO....live on Sky sports....wakey fucking wakey !!

jimmyhillsfanclub

They will only get slated if they send out E-Mails people don't like ether supporters care or they don't?

Is that the SB Trusts official line on this then?

I hope not as that would be truly pathetic.

If it is, they may as well dissolve the trust & give everyone their pound back!

Nick

Administrator

The point is that if people took the time to find a way that everybody can agree on it would be much more successful rather than the " we are doing this, piss off and do your own thing if you don't like it"

I think the trust or whoever should be trying to listen to all members, whether they go to games, don't go to games, live in Australia or whatever to find a course of action everybody agrees on.

The fans need to be united.

covmark

It isn't that people don't care, it's the fact that most people think that a couple of hundred fans on a hill isn't going to achieve jack shit. Like Nick says, it's the wrong attitude of the trust to say "this is what we're doing, like it or lump it". If the trust got behind a mass walkout I'd be there and I suspect many other boycotters would as well.

Shy Ted

Why not fill Sixfields, cheer the team on in fantastic style, watch the entire game and then unveil a real anti-SİSU protest............the cameras will still be on and the point will be made big-style. A one-off show of both support and protest.

CCFC88

The trust need to step in

If the Trust come out with an official line to get behind the mass exodus and get support/press coverage from the telegraph and it is clear that it will happen and it will be the main source of a protest for that game will you and kcic join or would you continue to stand on the hill portraying a split front?

torchomatic

But you're forgetting, Nick. This is not a Trust event.

The point is that if people took the time to find a way that everybody can agree on it would be much more successful rather than the " we
are doing this, piss off and do your own thing if you don't like it"

I think the trust or whoever should be trying to listen to all members, whether they go to games, don't go to games, live in Australia or whatever to find a course of action everybody agrees on.

The fans need to be united.

pusbccfc

If the Trust come out with an official line to get behind the mass exodus and get support/press coverage from the telegraph and it is clear that it will happen and it will be the main source of a protest for that game will you and kcic join or would you continue to stand on the hill portraying a split front?

You honestly think you'd get 5000 paying for 25 minutes to then walk out onto the hill that everyone is slating?

I would go in if I believed you'd sell it out.

pusbccfc

Sisu are probably wetting themselves at this thread.
Watch us sell it out, stuff Sheffield and have a good crowd the following week.

Users who are viewing this thread