Let it go (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Yeah you have the right to and opinion and to disagree, that's the point. You also have a valid reason to disagree. Put that over without name calling and it opens conversation between you and him. Call him a name you have no chance of changing his point of view.
Sorry mate, but no. This is a CCFC forum, non supporters on here calling for the death of the club shouldn't be given the courtesy of reasoned debate IMHO.

You disagree, fair enough, but I just don't think it should be tolerated.

clint van damme

Then who would you have to reply to on here.

Everyone has their own view some I agree with some I don't but hey that's what this forum is for.
I have done various protests posters on here preach to me about when I should or shouldn't do it.
That's fine but do you think what they say makes any difference to me?
No!!!
Just like what I say makes no difference to them.
PUSB

it's just this calling for the club to die mate, it crosses a line for me.

stevefloyd

As shot and as low as it is I still support this club not as much as I once did but nevertheless its still 'my' team always will be... I can never understand any true fan wishing harm to the team or club... sounds like a very fickle fan to me and going to watch fucking egg chasers OMFG

Chipfat

Sorry mate, but no. This is a CCFC forum, non supporters on here calling for the death of the club shouldn't be given the courtesy of reasoned debate IMHO.

You disagree, fair enough, but I just don't think it should be tolerated.

Np, I think he is as frustrated as you, just coming from a different angle. As for me I belive on this forum anything about the club should be open to discussion. In my opinion It's great to see debate and knowledge of different aspects of the club, business or the game.

Irish Sky Blue

Hasn't Joy already threatened to liquidate the club? I think there is a danger that CCFC will cease to exist if it suits Sisu's agenda. The question then is what do we do. Accept that our club is dead and give up on football? I would support a Phoenix AFC Coventry City provided they played or had the aim of playing in Coventry, played in sky blue and kept the traditions associated with the club ( that being a community based club, not the tradition of never finishing in the top 6). To me, as AFC Wimbledon fans feel about their "new" club and as even MK acknowledge, the club would therefore be the same. When AFC Wimbledon started, they started from nothing. With our fan base we should be able to better even their achievements. However, while CCFC exists in its current form, I don't think an AFC version should or could start up.

blueflint

No, I said I'm not ridiculing him because I disagree with him, I'm ridiculing him because his opinion has no place on a CCFC forum, I stand by that, a CCFC forum shouldn't be for non supporters posting that the club should die.

You seemed to be implying that if I disagree with someone I slag them down which in the main isn't true, I'm disagreeing with you but I'm not resorting to abuse.
However, if any one spouts this club should die and everyone should knock it on the head shit then I'm going to slate the pricks.

unfortunately it is true your opinion is the only one that matters not in. my book bud

clint van damme

unfortunately it is true your opinion is the only one that matters not in. my book bud

You haven't read the thread properly, (no surprise there).
You think a CCFC forum is the place to tell people the club should be left to die?

Gazolba

Everyone will use their own individual judgement on whether to continue supporting CCFC.
Judging by the precipitous drop in attendances, many have already cast their vote.
But I suspect no amount of ranting by other individuals will influence anyone else's decision.
If you are that upset by CCFC, I suggest a few sessions of therapy to put things in perspective.

clint van damme

no but a place where all can air their views without being persecuted for it

I agree, with the exception of those calling for the death of the club. Off limits for me and if that is someones opinion then I don't think they should be expressing it on here or any other CCFC forum.

NorthernWisdom

I'm sick of people who've given up on the club telling others they should do the same. I'm sick of people saying the club should be allowed to die.
He says he supports CRFC, imagine if I went on their forum telling them they shouldn't be watching rugby, I can imagine the response I'd get a rightly so.

I also struggle to see how people confuse sticking by the club with being happy with it's current plight, nothing could be further from the truth, I'm as pissed of as anyone but I'm not going to abandon them and if I do have a change of heart I won't be coming on here telling others they should do the same.
Clint Clint, usually you're one of he better posters around here, but can't help but feel you've given poor old Norman a bit of a hard time for his post.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading it differently, but I see him thinking the club's demise is inevitable, so better it happened quickly if that were so. FWIW... I kind of agree with that.

That's not the same as telling people not to support them while they're about, mind you... I dunno, I just saw the last line as throwaway rather than a command or plea.

clint van damme

Clint Clint, usually you're one of he better posters around here, but can't help but feel you've given poor old Norman a bit of a hard time for his post.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading it differently, but I see him thinking the club's demise is inevitable, so better it happened quickly if that were so. FWIW... I kind of agree with that.

That's not the same as telling people not to support them while they're about, mind you... I dunno, I just saw the last line as throwaway rather than a command or plea.

sorry mate, got no time for people saying the club should die or coming on here telling us they've no interest in the club or the teams results. Really pisses me off.
Hopefully one day our fortunes will change and I'll look forward to all of the better off dead brigade coming on here and apologising.
Equally, if the club dies I'm sure they'll take delight on coming on here and gloating.

Grendel

He's an attention seeking prick and more to the point why does he have a avatar of the mediocre actor Christopher Strauli lying in bed?

Skybluefaz

giphy.gif

Man calls a thread let it go then proceeds to be a massive drama queen. Makes sense.

dadgad

You haven't read the thread properly, (no surprise there).
You think a CCFC forum is the place to tell people the club should be left to die?

BUT on another thread you had a go at me for currently choosing NOT to go because of my interpretation that others are being 'taken in'. That is my opinion and it doesn't
square with yours. WOW!
Opinions are what forums are for and the OP's is as valid as yours. Fair play.
After all, a variation on the OP's line is that if the club 'dies' then the quicker it can rise from the flames like a phoenix.

clint van damme

BUT on another thread you had a go at me for currently choosing NOT to go because of my interpretation that others are being 'taken in'. That is my opinion and it doesn't
square with yours. WOW!
After all, a variation on the OP's line of course honking is that if the club 'dies' then the quicker it can rise from the flames like a phoenix.

so you take a dig at people still going and then expect no one to respond?

You still didn't answer my reply - how are people been taken in?
What's going on at the club that you don't think me, and people like me aren't grasping?

And if the club dies it dies, a phoenix club is not the same club.

torchomatic

Whats the point of going to watch a team that you know will never win anything or challenge for anything.

Basically you're telling every fan of any club apart from Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal to give up. What's the point, you're never going to win anything. Support Wolves? Pointless
Support Carlisle? Give up, you'll never have any success.

You're not a supporter. You give up, have a cry and say it's not fair. Maybe it isn't but when you support a team no matter who it is there isn't a contract guaranteeing success. I think Chelsea could be the team for you.

dadgad

so you take a dig at people still going and then expect no one to respond?

You still didn't answer my reply - how are people been taken in?
What's going on at the club that you don't think me, and people like me aren't grasping?

And if the club dies it dies, a phoenix club is not the same club.

My opinion is that support for a 'travesty of a club' is hollow, pointless and counter productive is hardly new though perhaps a bit too radical for some, I accept. Sorry.
I must reflect the view of the moral majority
before opening my gob in future.

Grendel

square with yours. WOW!
After all, a variation on the OP's line is that if the club 'dies' then the quicker it can rise from the flames like a phoenix.

You have been protesting for years and then starting getting arsy when you couldn't get a ticket for the Crewe semi final.

Going to Wembley?

torchomatic

My opinion is that support for a 'travesty of a club' is hollow, pointless and counter productive is hardly new though perhaps a bit too radical for some, I accept. Sorry.

There isn't and never has been a moral majority. Supporting your team by attending games - or not as the case may be - does not and never has been anything to do with morals.

And supporting your team is never "pointless".

clint van damme

I don't agree, you can't prove it, I can't disprove it.
But again you've got to have your little snide remarks but get all uppity when people bite back.

Norman Binns

That's exactly the point I was making. The more thoughtful and intelligent posters can see that. Let go of your emotional attachment to the club because it is not the CCFC of old and it is only a matter of time before the club will finally be put to bed. I've got no time for half-wits who misquote me and distort what I've said. The prime culprit is still banging on me calling for the death of the club and as you've quite rightly pointed out, I've said nothing of the sort.

clint van damme

let go of your emotional attachment to the club? What a fool you are.

Why don't you go an post on your beloved rugby clubs forum and leave this forum to those of us who want to see CCFC get back on its feet.
And stating it would be better for the club to die now is tantamount to wishing the club dead, but I think the more thoughtful and intelligent posters can see that.

torchomatic

That's exactly the point I was making. The more thoughtful and intelligent posters can see that. Let go of your emotional attachment to the club because it is not the CCFC of old and it is only a matter of time before the club will finally be put to bed. I've got no time for half-wits who misquote me and distort what I've said. The prime culprit is still banging on me calling for the death of the club and as you've quite rightly pointed out, I've said nothing of the sort.

YOU let go of it. Don't tell others what they should do or think. I support CCFC and always will, an anonymous bloke on a forum isn't going to make me chuck 45 years of support away. If you want to walk away, then walk away, do it quietly, and don't tell anyone else what they should do.

Liquid Gold

I'm fed up of all these threads on here. If you don't care then why are you signing on to a forum to tell people. If you didn't actually care then you wouldn't go be a shit. This happens the day after a shit loss because you know it still hurts because you actually do still care. Telling people to give it up is a way of assuaging your guilt for not being there when the club you love needs you the most.

dadgad

You have been protesting for years and then starting getting arsy when you couldn't get a ticket for the Crewe semi final.

Going to Wembley?

What the fuck are you on about now you petty obsessive?
Incidentally Coventry has the second highest incidence of schizophrenia in the country. I wonder if Sisu invest in pharmaceuticals?

Moff

Just entered this thread and feel the need to comment on your above post.

I agree CCFC certainly is not the club of old. It is not Singers FC, or the free scoring club of the 30's, nor the club of JH or the Cup winning club. Its still CCFC though, it continually changes with the years so why should anyone give up an emotional attachment?

Football completely changed when the Premier league started and CCFC again stopped being the club of old. Did you stop supporting then? I suspect not. Its the owners not the club. If the owners make you give up then so be it, but don't tell those that disagree that they are less thoughtful or intelligent as its an individual choice to make. One day the owners will be gone, and we will start afresh.

Grendel

What the fuck are you on about now you petty obsessive?
Incidentally Coventry has the second highest incidence of schizophrenia in the country. I wonder if Sisu invest in pharmaceuticals?

Going to Wembley?

Users who are viewing this thread