Let it go (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

The real CCFC no longer exists, let it go.

I can't see this nightmare ending until the club folds and Sisu have nothing to gain.
It's a slow death unfortunately and until all that is left is the name we need to continue to suffer.
I had hoped that failure at the courts would see Sisu leave but the legals will drag on for many more years.

In my mind I am torn between helping force the issue by not going, hence starving it to death, or to carry on supporting but only prolonging the inevitable.

IMHO Wasps will eventually pick us up but we will need to be in the gutter for them to do so.
They would need to give it serious consideration though as they would not be able to invest in us and fans expectations would generate problems.
But perhaps just perhaps someone might come in and buy Wasps, CCFC and the Ricoh.
I will dream on ............... or is it going to be a nightmare forever?

Irish Sky Blue

so you take a dig at people still going and then expect no one to respond?

You still didn't answer my reply - how are people been taken in?
What's going on at the club that you don't think me, and people like me aren't grasping?

And if the club dies it dies, a phoenix club is not the same club.
Wimbledon fans would disagree.

dutchman

This is not the football club that I recognise or feel any affinity to. The heart and soul of the club went when we left Highfield Road but the club’s death warrant was effectively signed when SISU took over.

Nope, it's death warrant was signed when the city council got involved with the club as I said at the time in the Evening Telegraph forum. They're the kiss of death on everything they've ever touched.

stevefloyd

My opinion is that support for a 'travesty of a club' is hollow, pointless and counter productive is hardly new though perhaps a bit too radical for some, I accept. Sorry.
I must reflect the view of the moral majority
before opening my gob in future.
Is that your preferred method of tuning?

hill83

I'd say Rangers basically is the same club. Under the circumstances suggested in this thread any new club for us wouldn't be anything like the Rangers situation.

clint van damme

I think you will find that Rangers fans disagree with you. Same kit, same badge, same stadium = same club.

I think you'll find the rest of Scotland agree with me.
It's irrelevant to our situation anyway to be honest, a lot of people seem to think that liquidation and starting a phoenix club will be a solution to all our problems, I think they're misguided, just my opinion.

covcity4life

I'd say Rangers basically is the same club. Under the circumstances suggested in this thread any new club for us wouldn't be anything like the Rangers situation.

newco rangers anre rangers and afc wimbledon are wimbledon for me.

a afc coventry for exmaple would be coventry to me but ONLY if starts after current club has died.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I would say distinct possibility rather than inevitable, either way, the outlooks not good. What happens next year with the ground situation could be pivotal.
I don't think the ground situation is pivotal until the end of next season unless they plan on selling. Season ticket sales or lack of them is going to dictate next year's financials. With the perceived lack of commitment Fisher will blame the squad on the fans and then the struggle will be on to stay in the league. This summer could be the time they have to sell as one more relagation and the lack of return other than the sale of Ryton will be nil.

clint van damme

I don't think the ground situation is pivotal until the end of next season unless they plan on selling. Season ticket sales or lack of them is going to dictate next year's financials. With the perceived lack of commitment Fisher will blame the squad on the fans and then the struggle will be on to stay in the league. This summer could be the time they have to sell as one more relagation and the lack of return other than the sale of Ryton will be nil.

there are only around half a dozen teams who get more than 6,000 in league 2 so even with a 25% drop in crowds we should still be able to provide the manager with a competitive budget. (I know it doesn't mean we will).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It seems the suggestion is bin what we have and somehow simply start again, it doesn't work that way. If we let the club die, be liquidated then it ceases to exist.There is nothing of CCFC to start again with. What people are asking for is regime change, those few that ask for liquidation as the cure are simply misguided. Liquidation is an end not a cure

This phoenix suggestion that you could pick up the assets and simply set up again fails to recognise the need to pick up the football related debts also and the need to provide the FL with guarantees and even bonds to take part in the League.

Rangers entered the liquidation process in October 2012 and were finally liquidated in 2015. The assets were sold to a new company on entering liquidation. The difference for CCFC is there are no real assets and the only value lays with the land at Ryton if it is developed for housing ...... that of course is charged to ARVO. No assets, no income streams, how viable is it now or as a new set up? - would the court simply liquidate immediately and the FL look elsewhere to place the share?

Is Rangers the Rangers of old.............. not really it is a new set up with old problems...... what remains is the fans, in the end it is the fans (no one else) that make the club. If the fans want or choose to see it as the same club then it is, although legally it is not hard to argue it is something else.

Last edited:

dadgad

But everything evolves. One change leads to the next and so on.
No club is the same as any club from the 60s or the 70s. If Ccfc dies it will rise again as long as it plays in the City.

Grendel

No club is the same as any club from the 60s or the 70s. If Ccfc dies it will rise again as long as it plays in the City.

Will it?

The notion the club would be better of dead and reborn as a new entity is plain stupid.

Rangers is an utterly different proposition based mainly on the fact it has a huge fan base that was never going anywhere and also the penalty was effectively just a 3 season exile from the premier league.

A new Coventry team would start 9 leagues down - so where is it playing? No revenue and no assets - competing at levels below Coventry United.

The most optimistic outcome would be a butts ground share and a shot at league football in ten to twelve years.

No thanks. Wolves hit rock bottom in the 80's with debts, asset stripping owners and were on the verge of extinction. They got back.

Liquidate there is no going back anywhere.

fernandopartridge

Why will it rise again? It's support is quickly dwindling as many fans have a divine right mentality these days. I really cannot see many of them sticking out season after season in non league? Where would the club even play its games?

NorthernWisdom

The most optimistic outcome would be a butts ground share and a shot at league football in ten to twelve years.
If that's coming anyway, best to get it over with ASAP, though?

Honest question, can you see a way for us to get oput of this and still have the current entity in existence, at a half-decent level and in a position to be turned around? I suspect you can, unlike me, and maybe a thread of *how* this could happen would be beneficial?

Grendel

Honest question, can you see a way for us to get oput of this and still have the current entity in existence, at a half-decent level and in a position to be turned around? I suspect you can, unlike me, and maybe a thread of *how* this could happen would be beneficial?

It's a better proposition to be in league two than the football combination.
Wolves were no better off than us other than they had a council that helped them at the death - and I guess owners that in the end had to go.
I think that a short deal to stay will be granted. A new club is madness. Who sets it up? With what? Where will they play? Despite the blister on here I actually think few people would watch either.

Moff

Sisu leaving is the answer.

I have a feeling next season may force them to reassess their position, as the ridiculous price they are asking will have to be dropped as we will be worth very little.

Their are suitors for the club out there, and I hope that one will be successful in taking us over and into a new dawn.

I may be overly optimistic, but I have supported the club over 40 years, and SISU haven't been here forever, there was a long history before them and there will be a history after.

NorthernWisdom

It's a better proposition to be in league two than the football combination.
Wolves were no better off than us other than they had a council that helped them at the death - and I guess owners that in the end had to go.
I think that a short deal to stay will be granted. A new club is madness. Who sets it up? With what? Where will they play? Despite the blister on here I actually think few people would watch either.

But then if we're going to slide through league two and ever downwards. The cycle is downwards, even before SISU... and arguably ou biggest han dicap is that it's been a slow decline. Wolves fell fast, which got them a certain profile and enabled the likes of Jack Hayward to be in a position to get involved before it was complete disaster.

And yes, the Bhattis were in effect forced out of Wolves, which is something that has been tried with our owners... without a positive result! The danger we have too is that the debt is all internal, so there's little way of forcing an administration really (the one before was controlled by SISU, whatever appearances to the contrary).

To be clear, I'm not thinking a new club would be a bed of roses, and it's fraught with danger. But I reckon we're headed that way, regardless.

And no, it's not the end if/when that happens... either of the club, or its travails.

Nick

Administrator
In what way is that the same?

Coventry side playing at the Butts in non league with owners who want to progress.

Yes, people are angry at the prospect of relegation and have said they won't go to watch League 2 football. So why are they going to pay £7 to go and watch Shepshed Dynamo away?

NorthernWisdom

Coventry side playing at the Butts in non league with owners who want to progress.

Yes, people are angry at the prospect of relegation and have said they won't go to watch League 2 football. So why are they going to pay £7 to go and watch Shepshed Dynamo away?
In what way is that the same as watching Coventry Utd?

clint van damme

if that's your opinion then fair enough but I can't agree.

Covstu

A very emotional thread, for me I was here before SISU and will be here after them too. I cannot see the club being liquidated without SISU looking at alternatives i.e. potential other suitors.

On another note, do people really think that droves of fans would come flooding back if SISU leave or if the club dies and gets reborn? Personally I think we would get the usual 'blip' then back to the mediocrity. We would then get the usual moans of 'SISU out' replaced by 'the standard of football is crap in L2 (or non league for that matter)'. I just cannot bring myself to want the club to die, something in that just doesn't makes sense at all

Users who are viewing this thread