Letters from Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Yet you said you shredded your letter...

I did shred it after I read it, I get begging letters all the time this just felt like another one, if the want some money go and try it with local businesses oh that won't work because it seems a few are ganging up on the owners so will hardly try to help them. They have one potential income and they have pissed a lot off and they are saying no now.

Brylowes

There hasn't been a price that reflects the value, that's the problem.

The buyer wants to offer you £100 but also wants the £400 TV, £4000 hot tub and £400 fridge to stay in there but he wants all of the debts relating to the house paying off as well.
If the debt was amassed before he bought the house, who's debt would it be ?
Anyway you're talking about CCFC, I'm talking about the house Zac is interested in.;)

Skybluefaz

There hasn't been a price that reflects the value, that's the problem.

The buyer wants to offer you £100 but also wants the £400 TV, £4000 hot tub and £400 fridge to stay in there but he wants all of the debts relating to the house paying off as well.
It's a shame the buyer doesn't also want the removal of the pests that have taken over the home. £4000 for a hot tub is madness to, Aldi are knocking them out for £300 notes. Lets just hope negotiations are ongoing and Hoffman and his boys in sky blue come back with a suitable offer. Maybe I've been swept away by the romanticism of it all, but having someone in charge with the club at heart will I'm sure make a difference in attendances, merchandise income etc and allow a bigger budget than the alternative ever decreasing circles under SISU

torchomatic

I did shred it after I read it, I get begging letters all the time this just felt like another one, if the want some money go and try it with local businesses oh that won't work because it seems a few are ganging up on the owners so will hardly try to help them. They have one potential income and they have pissed a lot off and they are saying no now.

My point was Sales seem to be doing what they should be. Thye aren't responsible for what the recipient does with their marketing. I do it all the time too but I don't have a go at whatever Sales team sent the letter.

Nick

Administrator
My point was Sales seem to be doing what they should be. Thye aren't responsible for what the recipient does with their marketing. I do it all the time too but I don't have a go at whatever Sales team sent the letter.

Unless it's Amber Windows.

giphy.gif

ccfcway

The other way of looking at it is they don't care if we get 1,000 or 20,000, cloth will be cut accordingly.

Its like SISU are going through a nasty divorce that continues to end in court.

All CCFC are is the Bob Marley CD that both sides want, but is just a pawn in the ultimate end game, whatever that is

skybluetony176

The tools would be money from season tickets / tickets / players etc. Unless they are going to give CCFC a Wonga type loan.

So like I said then, they aren't going to give him the tools. They're hoping we do so they don't have to give a bridging loan that unless a windfall turns up they'll have to convert into equity or we'll face a transfer embargo for failing to meet SCMP. Not exactly how they worded it, is it?

Nick

Administrator
So like I said then, they aren't going to give him the tools. They're hoping we do so they don't have to give a bridging loan that unless a windfall turns up they'll have to convert into equity or we'll face a transfer embargo for failing to meet SCMP. Not exactly how they worded it, is it?

1. It's from an article I put down as bullshit / believe it when seeing it, no idea why you are preaching to me about it. You went quiet on the last thread trying to do the same. It's quite obvious that budgets rely on money coming in, unless you want to try and disprove it by using something Fisher said?
2. It depends what the "tools" and "additional budget for recruitment" refer to. It could just be Tommy Widdrington and a massive serving of spin.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, as you agree, that's the right thing to do, we don't want a club in debt. My (and many others) big issue is the 1st bit,

they don't care !

I'd much rather be break even than in any more debt to them, have said it for months.

Nick

Administrator
id much rather break even and have owners who cared about developing the club and fan base

Well yes, so would I. I have also said that for months ;)

Fact is, while it's break even they aren't in a rush to sell and all a ticket boycott means is a big budget cut.

ccfcway

Well yes, so would I. I have also said that for months ;)

Fact is, while it's break even they aren't in a rush to sell and all a ticket boycott means is a big budget cut.

and an increase in ticket sales, or windfall in cash, like, I don't know, an unbudgted for, trip to Wembley means additional investment next season ?

Nick

Administrator
and an increase in ticket sales, or windfall in cash, like, I don't know, an unbudgted for, trip to Wembley means additional investment next season ?

It could also just mean a player doesn't get sold. Will find out come June.

skybluetony176

1. It's from an article I put down as bullshit / believe it when seeing it, no idea why you are preaching to me about it. You went quiet on the last thread trying to do the same. It's quite obvious that budgets rely on money coming in, unless you want to try and disprove it by using something Fisher said?
2. It depends what the "tools" and "additional budget for recruitment" refer to. It could just be Tommy Widdrington and a massive serving of spin.

I'm "preaching" to you because you said "If people boycott, they can't really be surprised when the budget drops". What's season ticket sales got to do with it if SISU are giving him the tools to do the job? The budget is a tool to do the job. If they're true to their word then surely the amount of season tickets sold is irrelevant? Nobody forced them to make that promise to MR's, they volunteered it. If they make up the shortfall in a way that doesn't hamper the club I say fair enough. You on the other hand are already playing the it's the fans fault card while ignoring what MR's was promised.

torchomatic

I got my letter today too. Just arrived as we have late post. Oh, my lad got his own too.

ccfcway

It could also just mean a player doesn't get sold. Will find out come June.

Think this is where the club has an issue, as we said that last pre season....

and in june were told....

"its not the end of the transfer window", then at the end of the transfer window....

"the loan market is open", then at the end of the loan market....

"Judge us in January".......

relegated to 4th division

and that was just last seasons promises, let alone the seasons before that

torchomatic

I'm "preaching" to you because you said "If people boycott, they can't really be surprised when the budget drops". What's season ticket sales got to do with it if SISU are giving him the tools to do the job? The budget is a tool to do the job. If they're true to their word then surely the amount of season tickets sold is irrelevant? Nobody forced them to make that promise to MR's, they volunteered it. If they make up the shortfall in a way that doesn't hamper the club I say fair enough. You on the other hand are already playing the it's the fans fault card while ignoring what MR's was promised.

You're just being pedantic again. Wouldn't expect anything left. You could argue in an empty room and most likely have.

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator

Because it's probably the case that it's bullshit and SISU aren't "giving" him anything from SISU. Wasn't it Fisher who said this, who I assume was speaking from CCFC. Then refer back to the start of the sentence.

What if what they promised MR was a %age of the season ticket money? Hence he has also been keen to push it in interviews about the support.

torchomatic

Think this is where the club has an issue, as we said that last pre season....

and in june were told....

"its not the end of the transfer window", then at the end of the transfer window....

"the loan market is open", then at the end of the loan market....

"Judge us in January".......

relegated to 4th division

and that was just last seasons promises, let alone the seasons before that

So why do we waste so much energy on something we already apparently know?

torchomatic

Terry Gibson's perm

Already done because <whispers so I'm not attacked as SISU Scum> we've already renewed.

Do the sales team not doing their jobs properly surely somebody could have looked and said mr torch has already fallen into the trap save a stamp and don't send him a begging letter:emoji_thinking:

You Sisu scum :emoji_kissing_heart:

Nick

Administrator
Do the sales team not doing their jobs properly surely somebody could have looked and said mr torch has already fallen into the trap save a stamp and don't send him a begging letter:emoji_thinking:

But then if you didn't receive anything... Equal if not more outrage.

"couldnt even be bothered to contact me"

torchomatic

YEs, you would have thought they would have checked and saved themselves 50p or whatever. With blatant wastage like that I shall NOT be happy if we don't get five or six marquee signings in the summer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just opened and read mind. Nothing in there that I wouldn't have expected, and the fact that it is penned by Robins means that fewer people will have shouted out loud at the letter (as they would have if signed off by Joy/Tim). Buying my seat back before the deadline mid-May. Fingers crossed for some positive stuff on and off the pitch over the next 12 months.

torchomatic

ironically, it was the bouncers dream episode that did it for me.

Not a bloody clue who signed that one off.

You bastard, you've opened that long healed wound up all over again.

Could have been worse I suppose, could have been Kerry getting shot.

Users who are viewing this thread