Match Thread vs Crewe (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Nothing like 2 injury time consolations to make you forget how poor we were over 270 mins against them.

Fist 90 of the season against them agreed, and I wasn't there tonight, but we were not poor during the home leg. Chris Dunn was poor, granted, but if Murphy had stayed on I don't think we'd have lost-and we deserved to win.

SkyblueBazza

I agree - they picked the right tactics and got the right results.

Could be good psychologically though...they might not be up for it the next few games rather than risk injury (he said clutching at straws) so they might lose a few besides this weekend...one less to worry about in the play-off/promotion contenders

Nonleagueherewecome

Makes that first leg all the more gutting really-well done to Crewe's keeper for seeing them through.

As Ron would say, "If Crewe win the JPT they should strike Neil Alexander a medal the size of a dustbin lid".

Nonleagueherewecome

Helloo caller....

stupot07

you cannot concede three goals and expect to get through. We did well but need to really look at our finishing, we cannot continue like this. Yes we got two goals but that was as a result of firing so many shots at them.

Still optimistic, we need three points there on Saturday and thankfully we broke the duct.

Completely agree.

Last edited:

dadgad

Our finishing was poor and we defended abysmally. It was a 2 legged tie - accepting a 1-0 defeat at the Ricoh would have been acceptable but we went gung ho and paid the price. It was very unprofessional.

This is true. And the truth is a rare commodity, you know?:guitar2:

Nonleagueherewecome

SkyBlue_Bear83

Our finishing was poor and we defended abysmally. It was a 2 legged tie - accepting a 1-0 defeat at the Ricoh would have been acceptable but we went gung ho and paid the price. It was very unprofessional.

We threw the game away in the last 10 minutes at the Ricoh, nothing to do with the quality of Crewe. We were the better side for 170 minutes of the tie

Stevec189

Fist 90 of the season against them agreed, and I wasn't there tonight, but we were not poor during the home leg. Chris Dunn was poor, granted, but if Murphy had stayed on I don't think we'd have lost-and we deserved to win.

Think Murphy would have saved at least 1 of the 3. However the whole team were carried away by the full house including our management. Bit more patience and we could now be in a penalty shoot out or even at Wembley. Onwards and upwards PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

I'll have a dig through that tomorrow! Bed for me early starts and long days!

Be really entertaining to read through from the start to see people going down cul-de-sac's. Once all the people who are "shocked, furious" at the violence have buggered off.

stupot07

We threw the game away in the last 10 minutes at the Ricoh, nothing to do with the quality of Crewe. We were the better side for 170 minutes of the tie

And yet for 180 minutes we were losing te tie 3-0.

Nothing to do with the quality of Crewe? They had less shots and scored more goals - they were better and more economical at finishing.

Black6Osprey

I'm just laughing at the crap crowd the final will have. 30k maybe.

What's the lowest final crowd for this competition?

The main thing is we beat them Saturday and continue to push for promotion

Nonleagueherewecome

Tricky one...we're missing loads of chances that are costing us, yet our striker is scoring at close to a goal a game: is it realistic to have an expectation of a striker to score at more than one a game??

RichieGunns

Nothing to do with the quality of Crewe? They had less shots and scored more goals - they were better and more economical at finishing.

Crewe deserve this I'm afraid.

It was a nice finish. We won the game and kept a clean sheet but that doesn't excuse the 180 minutes over two legs where we just didn't score a goal.

If we'd burried at least 1 goal in the first half and one of the close chances we had in the 2nd in both matches, those last two goals would have won us the game and the trip to wembley!

But it wasn't to be so let's focus on the league!

Nonleagueherewecome

Well said, Juggy :p

junglej13

Ive said this a number of times of late - there is too much pressure on Clarke and Baker to score. We need more threat from the left. McSheffrey is finished and gives us nothing. We should desperately try and get a loan in to boost us here.

Jackoskyblue

A win is a win, give the players confidence still in touching distance of play offs, keep the faith, there's goals in us and there's now clean sheets too, unbeaten for the rest of the season please city that'll do that'll do

PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

They had a goalkeeper in the form of his life, we had one about as much use as no keeper at all. It was a totally freak result that went grossly against the run of play.

At the end of the day it's academic-they're going to Wembley and we aren't; but if we get Championship football next season (whoopee, in with a whisker of getting back to the 2nd tier), I won't be complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread