Next Sisu Out Protest? (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Is this just your personal opinion or official Trust policy?
That is my wind up personal policy.
I am just a normal member of the Trust I am not on the committee.
Ian was on his high horse so have him the answer he wanted from me.
I to feel that the academy is the main issue at the moment but we keep going back over old ground hindering the problems we have now.

letsallsingtogether

That is my wind up personal policy.
I am just a normal member of the Trust I am not on the committee.
Ian was on his high horse so have him the answer he wanted from me.
I to feel that the academy is the main issue at the moment but we keep going back over old ground hindering the problems we have now.

Forgot to say I for one would never want to be on the Trust Board it is a thankless job, done in your own time at your own expense.
You cannot please everyone so are always berated, and accused of This and that.

Generally Midfield

Seeing all this stuff about the trust there used to be lots of opinion polls and stuff during Sixfields but i haven't seen anything like that them from them for ages and can't remember they've ever asked about wasps

Nick

Administrator
Oh your a bitter man.............
Breath

Why is it bitter? Common sense really, the club is pretty much been blackmailed.

Must be bitter to point it out.

Even Dongo has said that is wrong... Simon Gilbert has said he doesn't agree with it.

Still, it makes me bitter for pointing out it is wrong. There are outraged statements about us selling vincelot, but just let the club being blackmailed about it's home and academy pass by then!

Last edited:

italiahorse

Why is it bitter? Common sense really, the club is pretty much been blackmailed.

Must be bitter to point it out.

Even Dongo has said that is wrong... Simon Gilbert has said he doesn't agree with it.

Still, it makes me bitter for pointing out it is wrong. There are outraged statements about us selling vincelot, but just let the club being blackmailed about it's home and academy pass by then!

Why should they help while they are being taken though the courts?
Strange you can't see this !!

Drop the silly court cases and lets move on.

Nick

Administrator

What is stranger is that you can't see it is pretty much blackmail?

Are the council going to order Wasps and CSF to suddenly sort it? What power do they have to make a deal happen?

Bruce the Boot

Are the council going to order Wasps and CSF to suddenly sort it? What power do they have to make a deal happen?

Bloody hell Nick , Im glad I ve not got your glasses ;) I find it funny that you see conspiracy in everything but Sisu :)

italiahorse

What can the council do ? It's out there hands really.
They can't stop the planning application or force Sisu to come to meetings.

oldfiver

Duggins and Maton have previously said they would not obstruct the football club
So clearly they recognise the distinction - until it suits them to do otherwise

Nick

Administrator
There not obstructing them , just not helping or dealing with them , there is a distinct difference ..

Really? Like the letter about the Butts.

Still, you can push what you want but when Dongo says something is wrong the council have done it's safe to say it isn't right.

Bruce the Boot

Really? Like the letter about the Butts.

Still, you can push what you want but when Dongo says something is wrong the council have done it's safe to say it isn't right.

The council have protocol to follow ;)

eastwoodsdustman

What protocol should they have followed ?

taken from another council but same rules apply I'd think:

Section 114 requires the Director of Finance and I.T. to report to the full Council, Executive and External Auditor if the Authority or one of its Officers:-

• Has made or is about to make a decision which involves incurring unlawful expenditure.
  • Has taken or is about to take an unlawful action which has resulted or would result in a loss or deficiency to the Authority.
  • Is about to make an unlawful entry in the Authority’s accounts.

Nothing to say about the agenda then I take it?

eastwoodsdustman

PMSL how many judges ?? Now you !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think that the council bail out was acceptable use of our or their (note: not there) money then carry on matey. Not sure who you're (see I spelt it right) trying to get at on here but you're (again) flogging a dead horse. People are seeing through the council and their (again) vision for a City of Rugby and no matter how hard you try on here, most people won't take the slightest interest in any line you're peddling.

chiefdave

Do not have the exact percentage available, but when the Trust last put it out to membership it was a massive majority.
I'm a member of the trust and can't remember the last time I was asked about anything. Although I do seem to recall that the last time the trust polled its membership on this subject the questions were very leading.
It's not going to change what has happened you are right - but it establishes clearly the principles of said organisation.
Totally agree with this. What happens if we don't get a new deal at the Ricoh and we are moved again. How can the trust say it is wrong when they have failed to make any statement against Wasps move?
The trust can be saying "Why are you harming the club if it was sisu doing the legal action?".
I believe the trust should have an educational role. The amount of people who will through out 'facts' about the situation that are totally wrong is unbelievable. Any campaign against SISU would be much more successful if all the incorrect things thrown around were eliminated. Just this week we've had Kev Monks sounding off about the training ground and a post of the Spotted Coventry page about a kid being overcharged as they didn't believe his age when if you actually look at what was being said he was charged the correct price. There was a chap on the radio complaining TM was forced to sell Vincelot and people banging on about how much the club have put up the parking.

The trust have made a couple of decent statements recently (not the one about Vincelot!) but then they seem to focus solely on SISU. If they can issue a statement about a player leaving where is one condemning CSF for not supplying the information required by Sports England and requested by Anderson, where's the statement condemning the council digging up a vital academy resource to put in a pool and provide rugby facilities for Wasps, where's the statement condemning Wasps for not being prepared to talk about a new Ricoh deal etc

Nick

Administrator
Agree, but if you mention anything about "educational" people just say it is their opinion. People don't seem interested in sticking to the truth.

All you will get is "CSF dont own the club".

Kev is at it again with his "SISU owe the tax payer" stuff now, it is dangerous.

Last edited:

italiahorse

If you think that the council bail out was acceptable use of our or their (note: not there) money then carry on matey. Not sure who you're (see I spelt it right) trying to get at on here but you're (again) flogging a dead horse. People are seeing through the council and their (again) vision for a City of Rugby and no matter how hard you try on here, most people won't take the slightest interest in any line you're peddling.

Most people don't really care.
In fact I would suggest that most Coventry ratepayers would agree with the decision which prevented a hostile takeover of the arena.
I would also suggest they like the higher profile the city has gained since Wasps arrived.

chiefdave

I would also suggest they like the higher profile the city has gained since Wasps arrived.
I have yet to hear one positive thing from anyone outside of the city about Wasps moving here. A while back I posted some quotes showing what was being said. If it has raised the cities profile its certainly not in a positive way.

Users who are viewing this thread