Next Sisu Out Protest? (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

I have yet to hear one positive thing from anyone outside of the city about Wasps moving here. A while back I posted some quotes showing what was being said. If it has raised the cities profile its certainly not in a positive way.
Clearly, there is some negative profile elements to the Wasps move to Coventry, but if the city of taking longer term view of potentially having the winners of the Rugby Premier league and European Cup based at the Ricoh, then in the longer term they'll be deemed a positive.
We need to focus on positive contribution we can make to strengthening CCFC. I'm not sure another bout of bashing SISU will change anything. Developing a business offer to SISU might?

italiahorse

Agree, but if you mention anything about "educational" people just say it is their opinion. People don't seem interested in sticking to the truth.

All you will get is "CSF dont own the club".

Kev is at it again with his "SISU owe the tax payer" stuff now, it is dangerous.

Why is it dangerous ?

Brylowes

If you think that the council bail out was acceptable use of our or their (note: not there) money then carry on matey. Not sure who you're (see I spelt it right) trying to get at on here but you're (again) flogging a dead horse. People are seeing through the council and their (again) vision for a City of Rugby and no matter how hard you try on here, most people won't take the slightest interest in any line you're peddling.
Not debating with you, you're far to clever for me.

Brylowes

I have yet to hear one positive thing from anyone outside of the city about Wasps moving here. A while back I posted some quotes showing what was being said. If it has raised the cities profile its certainly not in a positive way.
I live away from cov and TBH most don't even know they play at the Ricoh, or that we do
For that matter, probably because rugby doesn't register with most people in much the
Same way as 3rd division football.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The only way you can influence the council is by voting out the labour control. They as the controlling group have decided on our behalf that we are a city of Rugby, the plain truth of it is that most residents in the city don't give a shit about football, rugby, athletics, boxing or any of the major sports. I have 2 lads at Finham school and their are no links into any sporting institutions in the city other than what Busty does with the community side of the club. Giving tickets to kids may get support but does not guarantee involvement. With a population of just under 350,000 if the average gates at the City and Wasps are averaging 20k that's 6% of the local population, that fact alone shows how great the councils sporting policies are and residents apathy towards top professional sport. The only way to change things is to vote to change then you have a chance of influencing the so called entrenched position to the owners of the club. If that happens though and our owners don't take the hand of friendship what do you do?

shmmeee

But we should make them unwelcome here.
Nobody likes to be where they are not liked.
TF and CA should be cold shouldered in the stand on match days and if you do talk to them tell exactly how you feel.
One day they might do the right thing and leave.

Honestly, I don't think they'd give a shit. If TF and CA got sick of it they'd go and another faceless suit would appear to take their turn of stick.

If something like the golden share issue or us moving happened I could see the benefit in a protest. Otherwise it's just "we still aren't happy".

Brylowes

Because of how misinformed people become. They read what he says, they repeat it, the other person repeats it.

How long until people tell others that the taxpayer is owed money? Just like Juggy's story.
I don't understand why you let this eat you up so much, it's the way everything works, being
A football club every fan will have an opinion. Of course some will be more informed than
Others, a general election, building on green belt, going to war, Brexit, capital punishment
Anything you can think of.
Some will be informed, some will not , some won't be but think they are, but all will have an
Opinion and most of them will want to share it, really not sure what you think can be done
About this . In our own particullar "shitstorm" most people apportion blame in SISU's direction,
And that's what they talk about, I just don't get what it is that they've done (SISU)that deserves
Yours and a few others support and backing.

Nick

Administrator
I don't understand why you let this eat you up so much, it's the way everything works, being
A football club every fan will have an opinion. Of course some will be more informed than
Others, a general election, building on green belt, going to war, Brexit, capital punishment
Anything you can think of.
Some will be informed, some will not , some won't be but think they are, but all will have an
Opinion and most of them will want to share it, really not sure what you think can be done
About this . In our own particullar "shitstorm" most people apportion blame in SISU's direction,
And that's what they talk about, I just don't get what it is that they've done (SISU)that deserves
Yours and a few others support and backing.

Because it isn't opinion is it? I think that's what you struggle with. Take kev monks article today, it isn't opinion.

Who is backing anybody? Is not making things up backing now? Or should people just lap up any old shit, it's strange that people have an issue if people point out things are made up or wrong.

Nothing to do with opinion.

Juggy said that tm told him something l
Tm directly, that's not opinion. Really can't see what you are struggling with?

Surely everybody wants to know the truth about everything that's going on? It's quite worrying that some aren't interested in that.

Brylowes

Because it isn't opinion is it? I think that's what you struggle with. Take kev monks article today, it isn't opinion.

Who is backing anybody? Is not making things up backing now? Or should people just lap up any old shit, it's strange that people have an issue if people point out things are made up or wrong.

Nothing to do with opinion.

Juggy said that tm told him something l
Tm directly, that's not opinion. Really can't see what you are struggling with?

Surely everybody wants to know the truth about everything that's going on? It's quite worrying that some aren't interested in that.
Nick your always jumping up and down about people not being absolutely factual,
You have to take into account most of us are just football fans, we are only involved
Because it's our club.
I don't know juggy at all, I take it he is a proven liar.

Nick

Administrator
Nick your always jumping up and down about people not being absolutely factual,
You have to take into account most of us are just football fans, we are only involved
Because it's our club.
I don't know juggy at all, I take it he is a proven liar.
It's not even about being absolutely factual, it's being somewhere close.

Surely people want all truths to come out? Instead, some just want things to get angry about whether true or not. If you question, then you must be happy with everything.

You don't seem fussed that people just make stuff up?

Brylowes

Surely people want all truths to come out? Instead, some just want things to get angry about whether true or not. If you question, then you must be happy with everything.
So he is a proven liar , or not ?

Bruce the Boot

You don't seem fussed that people just make stuff up?

Where is the truth in all Sisu have done ? What have I missed ? Because from where I stand i ve seen straighter cork screwS !!

Nick

Administrator
Well if he's told people that TM has told him something, and it's then proved he didn't ,
Then he's a liar isn't he ?
Yes , because he then told people he overheard it being said to somebody else.

Up to you to decide..

stupot07

Yes , because he then told people he overheard it being said to somebody else.

Up to you to decide..
He originally said he over heard, then on the radio said that mowvray was talking directly to him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
He originally said he over heard, then on the radio said that mowvray was talking directly to him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He tweeted a couple of weeks before tm told him, then changed it again to over heard.

Brylowes

He tweeted a couple of weeks before tm told him, then changed it again to over heard.
The thing with overhearing is, you rarely hear what you think you heard, and don't have
A proper understanding of the context in which it was said.

rupert_bear

The only way you can influence the council is by voting out the labour control. They as the controlling group have decided on our behalf that we are a city of Rugby.
You are wrong, through all this it has been made clear time and time again this is not party political and the leader of the Conservative opposition has said so many times, votes have always been unanimous. Love them or hate them councillors will say Wasps bring positives to the city. I would prefer to turn the clock back and we own our own but can't. Bleeting on this little, little website will do fuck all. The only option imo is to ensure our football club gets a decent deal at the Ricoh including being able to earn extra revenue especially on match days.

NorthernWisdom

Better IMO to keep your powder dry for any event that might come up that would get a decent following and have the chance of a specific outcome.

Yeah, this is always my concern with all protests like this. Let's face it, the general thrust ain't exactly radical or controversial in itself (tempted to do a SISU IN! protest just for the lols!) but each badly attended protest there is makes it so much harder for any future protests to get the numbers they need to be successful.

Appreciate the desire to do something but the way this looks, it looks like it could do more harm than good. Recent protests look like we're all pro council, pro Wasps, and pro SISU after all!

So I hope I'm wrong. What are they going to do to get numbers there and prove cynics like me wrong?

shepardo01

Read this thread....
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/council-want-£325k-off-sisu-before-they-help-the-club.67346/
The council are going to harm the club immensely if this carries on. More than likely to the point that is ceases to exist.
I know that the people involved despise SISU. They claim they are very difficult to deal with but it is plainly obvious that they are willing to let CCFC dissappear to spite SISU "they will have nowhere to train and nowhere to play" (from a council employee)
Yes SISU have harmed our club, but I (and everybody else) should be worried about the noises the council are making, their obvious leaning on Wasps to stall Ricoh talks and now the article in the telegraph. How sad would it be if the club disappears due to spite. SISU are obviously a target for fans (SISU out etc) but I think that some of the regular fans that may not read papers/forums should realise that the council are a massive danger to the future of CCFC.

CCFC_Charlie

The club was doomed the day that the people of Coventry welcomes a franchise rugby club from London with open arms. SISU could go tomorrow for all the difference it's likely to make. It won't magically build us a stadium, or a new academy centre either. Looking forward to more crackpot theories about how Wasps are waiting to buy us, followed by people pretending that would actually be a good thing.

Otis

Next protest should be tomorrow. We just lost 6-1, people will be hating Sisu even more than ever.

georgehudson

was in a pro CCFC alehouse this evening, & there are a lot of VERY ANGRY CCFC fans, not at TM, MV, or JC, but hugely at the owners,
as ye sow so shall ye reap

Kingokings204

The club was doomed the day that the people of Coventry welcomes a franchise rugby club from London with open arms. SISU could go tomorrow for all the difference it's likely to make. It won't magically build us a stadium, or a new academy centre either. Looking forward to more crackpot theories about how Wasps are waiting to buy us, followed by people pretending that would actually be a good thing.

Yes I agree but getting rid of sisu would give us half a chance as at the moment we are dead.

Sky Blue Kid

SISU aren't paid any wages by CCFC. Fisher and Anderson are employees of OEG which is CCFC. Why can't you get even the most basic of facts right?
Where have I said SISU were paid wages by CCFC? SISU are always claiming to be in debt which is growing daily. CCFC are told by CA, who in turn is told by JS what and who and how much can be spent on players etc. This all enfolds under the umbrella of SISU.... OUR OWNERS!... Why can't you get the basic facts right?

Brylowes

Can't agree with this, all the bad feeling and mistrust is aimed at SISU and not CCFC
With them gone I think we would see a marked improvement in the way we are treated.

Kingokings204

Can't agree with this, all the bad feeling and mistrust is aimed at SISU and not CCFC
With them gone I think we would see a marked improvement in the way we are treated.

I do to. The stadium situation we still won't own but we might actually get a deal as at the moment people won't even talk to sisu and I don't blame wasps for it myself. I blame them and ccc for being here but I'm sorry we have to play to wasps tune whether we like it or not. I don't think that's controversial just realism. Very sadly they hold all the cards and we own none.

Users who are viewing this thread