No More Signings (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I am happy with a few players over the 25 players - however if I had to move on nine and get some money as questioned would go.
Some of those listed are still on our books which means we are probably playing some of there wages

RCC, Willis, Stevenson, Maycock, Turnbull, Reid, Devon Kelly Evans, Beavon

Agree with you bar DKE and Beavon.
I assume we are not contributing greatly to Turnball and Reid's wages.
Who is this striker?

Another McNulty but this time the right one.

Warwickhunt

Trouble is are the expectations of Strikers that we buy! If we can provide Mcnulty with the correct passes instead of fling it in to a space in the penalty area he might start to deliver the goods. We have to think of how many chances you need to create for a striker to score a goal ! Take the premieship most of the top strikers convert 1 in 3 chances into a goal where as the Championship it is 1 in 5 and so on and so forth! If we had a striker who converts 1 in 5 chances he would not be with us very long and as such we should be looking at how we can increase the chances for any of the forwards to score, watching the games so far we have too much space between our defence and forwards because Doyler & Kelly spend too much time camped in front of the defence. Either Kelly or Doyle need to move forward at least 10 yards in play

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Still disagree on recruitment (squad no better) McNulty has scored goals in the past but most of them 41 to be exact in lower leagues in Scotland probably Nuneaton or Leamington level . As for not playing his style why recruit him Mark is the man to question on that. People on here saying that Willis and Stevenson should be sold they are players who should be playing every week not sold stop selling our future.

Ashdown

As mentioned above, a very large percentage of those 33 will not feature this year. They are names in the squad but to all intents and purposes they might as well not be there for all the first team game time they are likely to get, particularly in the league.
Don't talk such sense on here !!
19 promoted academy kids, including 4 keepers and a handful of freebies doth not make us the great unbeatables as some were suggesting early doors. Many of the clubs we will play have players who have played at this level most of their careers and know what it's all about. Football isn't that complicated at this level either, you need a solid keeper who has a mouth on him, a couple of big guys at the back, at least one full back who can overlap, a couple of tough guys in the Mid and someone who can create stuff, a big lump up front with a half decent predator to play around him.

Adge

If these players can't get into this team in the bottom league then football isn't right for them, I think the Kelly Evans full back has been harshly treated he has always performed well when I have seen him.

Don't mention Jack Finch again what a useless piece of shit he was
Indeed Finch was. What is more worrying/alarming is that the coaches/managers etc throughout the academy thought that he would obviously make the grade and invested years in him!:emoji_hushed:

Esoterica

Indeed Finch was. What is more worrying/alarming is that the coaches/managers etc throughout the academy thought that he would obviously make the grade and invested years in him!:emoji_hushed:
Never an opportunity missed for you to put the boot in on the academy, you got a family member that got rejected? We've got at least 5 currently at premier league teams, 2 in the championship and that's without thinking about it. I bet there's not many teams outside the Championship that can better that. Hundreds of academy players don't make it in the game after being at clubs for all their youth careers, Finch probably got longer than he deserved because he's 6ft 1". No harm in keeping him on peanuts for a couple of seasons to see if his ability caught up. It didn't and he's gone - it's not alarming unless you have a reason for it to be, it happens everywhere.

steve82

Surely teams like Crewe will still be feeding youngsters through? Some teams will be relying them even more than we are in League 2.

Some won't have the Luxury of having a centre midfield of Doyle and Kelly, Stevenson on the bench and then Vincenti and Andreu who could slot in. They will be having to have their Shipleys and Maycocks on the bench.

Very true the vast majority of Crewe's side is home grown players. Seems they promote them and stick with them tho they were relegated in 15/16 from L1 and languished in the bottom half of L2 last year till a late upturn in results.

3 were promoted from there U18's this summer and 4 last year and 6 the previous season.

Seems they've taken a few outside players tho in the last 12 months in more experienced players like Chris Dagnal, Chris Porter, Jordan Bowery, Eddie Nolan, Brad Walker.

They've a squad of 25 I think according to Transfermkt currently

SlowerThanPlatt

Never an opportunity missed for you to put the boot in on the academy, you got a family member that got rejected? We've got at least 5 currently at premier league teams, 2 in the championship and that's without thinking about it. I bet there's not many teams outside the Championship that can better that. Hundreds of academy players don't make it in the game after being at clubs for all their youth careers, Finch probably got longer than he deserved because he's 6ft 1". No harm in keeping him on peanuts for a couple of seasons to see if his ability caught up. It didn't and he's gone - it's not alarming unless you have a reason for it to be, it happens everywhere.

To be fair to Adge he does have some good views and on occasion I agree with him. He seems a passionate fan like many others on here. It's a free forum and his opinion is as valid as anyone elses however when his first post in the Academy thread at the top of the forum is a negative one and seemingly completely ignored the success last season I do wonder what's beyond his stance

stevefloyd

Apparently decent there too.

So there is Doyle, Kelly, Stevenson and potentially Vincenti and Andreu. That's before you get to Shipley / Maycock as extreme backup.
I would say Vincenti would be better suited to playing more central because he don't have the speed for playing out wide

SlowerThanPlatt

Stevenson is only on the bench though, even DKE is struggling to make the matchday squad now.

I haven't seen enough of Maycock and Shipley and still think Sayoud is a made up person to be able to form an opinion. We do need to stop having the Jack Finch type players lurking about for years now, we aren't Chelsea who can collect players like football stickers.

Sayoud does exist but if I was him or his agent I would be looking for a move to a club where he's closer to the first team. He's 20 and Kyle Finn who's two years younger went on tour and played against Blackburn ahead of him. Whilst Kyle is talented, Sayoud should be making that position his. I predict he'll be released at the end of this season but football is full of surprises, maybe he'll get a chance tonight

Nick

Administrator
Sayoud does exist but if I was him or his agent I would be looking for a move to a club where he's closer to the first team. He's 20 and Kyle Finn who's two years younger went on tour and played against Blackburn ahead of him. Whilst Kyle is talented, Sayoud should be making that position his. I predict he'll be released at the end of this season but football is full of surprises, maybe he'll get a chance tonight
It's strange because he doesn't seem to even have been close with any manager. He was highly rated when he signed too.

fernandopartridge

Still disagree on recruitment (squad no better) McNulty has scored goals in the past but most of them 41 to be exact in lower leagues in Scotland probably Nuneaton or Leamington level . As for not playing his style why recruit him Mark is the man to question on that. People on here saying that Willis and Stevenson should be sold they are players who should be playing every week not sold stop selling our future.

More clueless shite from you, as ever. McNulty scored goals in the Scottish First Division, which is equivalent to L1 standard.

Adge

To be fair to Adge he does have some good views and on occasion I agree with him. He seems a passionate fan like many others on here. It's a free forum and his opinion is as valid as anyone elses however when his first post in the Academy thread at the top of the forum is a negative one and seemingly completely ignored the success last season I do wonder what's beyond his stance
Why thank you kind sir! And that's what it's all about-opinions.:emoji_thumbsup:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

More clueless shite from you, as ever. McNulty scored goals in the Scottish First Division, which is equivalent to L1 standard.
McNulty joined Livingstone on July 2009 he played his first season with them in division 3 they were promoted to division 2 and gained promotion to division 1 so 2 in 5 were spent division 3 and 2 even if you think division 1 standard = Scottish first division not my view.

Warwickhunt

Willis on the move then do you think!

steve82

Willis on the move then do you think!

It's possible, was he rested/injured tonight and Pearson played. Was that just a run out to have another look at him or genuinely filling in.

Could speculate all night, let's see if he tweets from meadow hall shopping centre tomorrow to see if he's up Rotherham/Sheffield way

Telegraph will soon tell us

Grendel

We've only got three senior centre mids if you can even call Stevenson 'senior'. If Kelly or Doyle pick up injuries then we'll end up playing players out of position or relying on kids.

League two teams have to rely on youth - we have Vincetti, maycock, Shipley, Andreu so have many options.

Hobo

And after last night?

Mucca Mad Boys

Last time he played in L2 he averaged a goal ever 2.7 games. Can definitely score goals at this level.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Last time he played in L2 he averaged a goal ever 2.7 games. Can definitely score goals at this level.
IF we could get 17 or 18 goals out of him this season would be great but he does not look that good to me hope he proves me wrong mind you, I think it will be very hard with the service (lack of) he get here.

singers_pore

Pearson has been released. He didn't look very good based on the extended highlights from the Shrewsbury game. No great loss.

Mucca Mad Boys

IF we could get 17 or 18 goals out of him this season would be great but he does not look that good to me hope he proves me wrong mind you, I think it will be very hard with the service (lack of) he get here.

Well, he's got 2 goals in 5 which is 2.5 games a goal... Strikers don't need to be good all round players, they need to know how to score goals. It is still early doors so he could prove better or worse, works either way.

With Andreu looking like he'll remain in the starting XI, I think he and McNulty will link up well.

Captain Dart

I speculate 2 in, 2 out? Final move after 9pm tonight.

dongonzalos

Was hoping for a bit more shuffling around with K. Thomas moving on and RCC going out on loan.
I was also hoping for one of Willis or Stevenson to be sold, or maybe both.

However with the money we have received from George and Cian. Plus the wages freed up from......

G.Thomas
Cian Harries
Bigi
Foley
Gadchev
Nathan Clarke
Tudguy
Lameries
Rose
Finch
Spence
Whitmore
Turnball (partial)
Reid (partial)

I must admit I was expecting a better quality striker to be signed on top of what we have be it a freebie or a loanee.

Still stand by this
Anyone change their mind?

Users who are viewing this thread