Match Thread Oxford Utd v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 19th Nov (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If we can hane wnformations it would be great option for xhanging mid match and pre mstch
Can someone Translate this post into English please .

A five year old could do better . :facepalm: :asshat:

smileycov

Facebook User
I think we can sneak this, either 1-0 or 2-1. Just starting to come together in patches I'm sure it will become a little more fluid for longer as the season unfolds. I am as surprised as most though, with the insistence on playing sordell wide instead of central.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Was hoping to travel down for this one & meet up with my old Oxford Utd. mate from my Poly days of yesteryear.......

However my stupid middle-aged real life has conspired against me yet again.....so no away day fun for me.......boo.

For those that do travel, you will be richly rewarded.......1-3....3 good goals too.

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully tomorrow he will play Sordell through the middle, I think given some decent service he will get a few goals.

He could potentially try Jones on the left rather than the right too.

Oh and 3-1 to us!

Joy Division

1-1 draw I think. They'll be wary of us after our recent game and I expect Stevenson to get some special attention so a solid but unspectacular performance from him will be acceptable.

Pipehitterz

Really hope we do them
Their Fans were fucking disrespectful about us after the home game the other week, really want us to show them

ceetee

Ceetee, I get the impression that MV is trying to promote the idea that the players are capable of coping with variable formations within the same game, i.e. 4-3-3 being able to be adapted to a fluid 4-4-2, or even a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.
It'll be interesting to see what line-up he starts with.
More football talk is always interesting, & less bile from those who believe themselves to be omnipotent.
PUSB
It's always good to have a squad that can vary their game, as we saw from a lack of variety last season.

At Walsall, although it wasn't so easy to see from behind the goal. it looked like 4 1 4 1 with Stevenson playing in front of the back 4. It worked

chiefdave

You'll be in the home end if you do. Our tickets are all sold out I believe.
Home Tickets are on sale online from from oufctickets.co.uk and from the ticket office to personal and telephone callers on 01865 337533. The away area is sold out so those buying in the home stands need to be on the OUFC database or provide proof that they are Oxford fans in the form of a previous ticket stub.

Sky Blue Harry H

Really hope we do them
Their Fans were fucking disrespectful about us after the home game the other week, really want us to show them

Must admit that, pacifist as I am, I was getting wound up by a couple of big time charlies giving it large as I traipsed back to my car opposite Tescos. 3 points please - that'll learn 'em ;)

Paxman II

How do you get to see your first Oxford match if they use that criteria?
This is why I was asking. I don't mind turning up and paying to get in at the home end to watch a football match...but it seems you can't buy a ticket or pay at the gate unless you are an Oxford fan?

Nick

Administrator
This is why I was asking. I don't mind turning up and paying to get in at the home end to watch a football match...but it seems you can't buy a ticket or pay at the gate unless you are an Oxford fan?

To stop away fans going in the home end!

Sky Blue Harry H

What I was saying was, if you are a 'new' Oxford fan wanting to go to your first ever game, how can you 'prove' it - you can't produce a previously purchased stub?
Perhaps if you turn up with a bicycle, a first class honours degree, or a carrier bag from Bicester Village it may swing it?!

letsallsingtogether

Can someone ban this cretin for a week? It's boring now - actually it's always been boring.

It is quite exhilarating trying to decipher his coded messages.
Or.
Maybe they are subliminal messages?

letsallsingtogether

Taking my lad for his first away game, and my first away game for a long time. I'm hoping for an entertaining win, he's hoping to hear loads of swearing. One of us is guaranteed to be leaving happy.
Stand near us then won't he disappointed especially if we're losing!

Users who are viewing this thread